JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Drove past the shooting locations on Salmonberry road today and they have lots of trash, again. Here are my observations...
In order of appearance from Hwy 26....

location #1:
0626161910a.jpg

Location #2:
0626161909.jpg

Next up is a location I noticed in the past but this time I stopped for a closer look. Its located just past "location#2" shown above, its super small (maybe 15 yards) and tucked off the side of the road. The problem with this one is its not safe and should be officially closed.... it has no backstop. Take a look up close:
0626161906.jpg
note: this is after I cleaned it up, it had shot up targets and trash. The log is where they place targets.

here is the same spot viewed from the road as your driving by....
0626161900.jpg

here is a link to a map with a waypoint on its exact 45.764229,-123.413387 location: Hillmap - Backcountry Maps for the Obsessed (http://www.hillmap.com/m/ag1zfmhpbGxtYXAtaGRychULEghTYXZlZE1hcBiAgIDwnLKxCww)
the direction of shooting is on the south side of the road and as the map shows thats shooting downhill, I know its heavily forested but again there is no backstop and forest alone does not qualify.

Next up is location #3:
0626161857.jpg
This one wasn't actually so bad except they left all those orange clay pigeons. I see the tree that was standing last I was here has been shot down.

I did not have the time to check out the rock quarry. I only picked up a small bag of trash but was too pressed for time to do a proper cleanup at any of the locations.

Last Edited:
it also dawned on my that the unsafe location is shooting down an abandoned road. There is probably still an old road grade back there that some hunter or intrepid hiker could use to navigate.
0626161900-jpg.299626.jpg

before I cleaned it up that log is where the targets were placed.

My daughter, snl and I were at location 3 a week ago last Saturday. Other than some shotgun shells, it was looking good. The tree was down then. The sites below it were busy, but looked to have trash that had been left. We got up there around 7:30 and there was already a lot of traffic. After we were done we drove on to the quarry and it looked good.

Drove past the shooting locations on Salmonberry road today and they have lots of trash, again. Here are my observations...
In order of appearance from Hwy 26....

location #1:
View attachment 299623

Location #2:
View attachment 299627

Next up is a location I noticed in the past but this time I stopped for a closer look. Its located just past "location#2" shown above, its super small (maybe 15 yards) and tucked off the side of the road. The problem with this one is its not safe and should be officially closed.... it has no backstop. Take a look up close:
View attachment 299625
note: this is after I cleaned it up, it had shot up targets and trash. The log is where they place targets.

here is the same spot viewed from the road as your driving by....
View attachment 299626

here is a link to a map with a waypoint on its exact 45.764229,-123.413387 location: Hillmap - Backcountry Maps for the Obsessed (http://www.hillmap.com/m/ag1zfmhpbGxtYXAtaGRychULEghTYXZlZE1hcBiAgIDwnLKxCww)
the direction of shooting is on the south side of the road and as the map shows thats shooting downhill, I know its heavily forested but again there is no backstop and forest alone does not qualify.

Next up is location #3:
View attachment 299624
This one wasn't actually so bad except they left all those orange clay pigeons. I see the tree that was standing last I was here has been shot down.

I did not have the time to check out the rock quarry. I only picked up a small bag of trash but was too pressed for time to do a proper cleanup at any of the locations.
Aren't the clay pigeons biodegradable?

The tree has been down in location 3 for a few months. Glad to see it's pretty clean. I've seen it in pretty bad shape a few times.

I think thats the second tree in about a years time thats been shot down in that spot. I wonder how long people will keep that up before they get a clue.

I was there after one of the recent clean up efforts. Whoever was responsible for that massive project has my respect. There wasnt a single shotgunshell haul anywhere. That was a few months back.

It really is a shame inconsiderate shooters do this. I guess this is another reason why we dont tell folks about new shooting spots.. Because it always winds up trashed by their friends of friends.

I was there after one of the recent clean up efforts. Whoever was responsible for that massive project has my respect. There wasnt a single shotgunshell haul anywhere. That was a few months back.

It really is a shame inconsiderate shooters do this. I guess this is another reason why we dont tell folks about new shooting spots.. Because it always winds up trashed by their friends of friends.
all these guys
20160521_120917.jpg

its an endless cycle... it would meet the definition of insanity if I didn't expect any other result.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top