Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

3 Bags of Trash = NWFA Bronze Membership!

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by Joe Link, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

In an effort to encourage everyone to leave our outdoor shooting areas cleaner than we find them, NWFA is giving any member who submits a photo of at least three full bags of trash a free one year Bronze Supporter membership. If an area is relatively clean you may also collect one or two bags of trash over two or three occasions, post photos of them when you get home, and once you collect your third we'll give you the membership.

Step 1: Take a photo of the trash you've collected with a piece of cardboard or something similar that has your NWFA username written on it.

Step 2: Post the photo in this thread.

Step 3: Send a Private Message to Joe Link.

A big thanks goes out to all of you who do this on a regular basis, keep up the great work!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    Alexx1401, that guy, JMac07 and 107 others like this.
  2. blitz

blitz beaverton Active Member 2015 Volunteer

going to gibson prairie this weekend for camping and will be hitting a couple other places. if the place is trashed i will clean it and take a picture of what i gathered, even if its not enough to earn the bronze..

awesome idea though :thumbup:

3. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Very cool idea.

4. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Simply awesome idea Joey! Might I suggest that you forward any threads/photos to BLM or appropriate agencies to show what the firearms community is doing to police their own ranks! :thumbup:

xrayrpa, Mbeef61, Donna and 21 others like this.
  5. Fumes

Fumes Wa. Active Member

Very cool idea, good for you.:thumbup:

6. ZakAri

ZakAri Portland, or Active Member

This is true. More shooters need to be aware of cleanup and just all around common sense at any shooting sight/area. You (hopefully) Dont S#%T where you eat and sleep, So dont turn the range into your own personel dump or trashheap. Soon there will be no public ranges....we would still have Stevenson if it werent for these types of trashers... Z

7. CharonPDX

CharonPDX Portland, OR Active Member

Excellent idea. I'll be heading out to the Nat'l Forest in a couple weeks - I usually pack out more trash than I bring in, but I'll make sure to photo-document it this time!

8. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Thanks for the input guys!

Great idea. I just emailed the agencies in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, as well as the BLM.

9. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

Great idea Joe!

10. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

NO FAIR what about us guys who belong to well manicured gun clubs???

I'm scared to go in the woods with all the crazy washing machine and tv shooters...

Just kidding Joe great idea how it works. I miss Tom McCall

Tacticool22 and (deleted member) like this.
  11. CHLChris

CHLChris Portland Metro East Love me some guns! Bronze Supporter

Just to be clear...

If I go shooting out at Memaloose, for example, in that old quarry 7 miles off highway 212, and pick up 3 bags of spent shells and old targets and such, take a photo, post it on this thread, I can get my next membership for free?

12. Joe Link

Exactly!

And guys, please remember to make a sign with your NWFA username and place it in the photo for verification. I don't imagine anyone would be dishonest enough to lie about this, but you never know ;)

13. motohead185

motohead185 Portland, OR Member

Awesome idea, and i really like what cougfan2 recommended. I hoping to get a day off work to get some shooting in.

14. Flyingswords

Flyingswords Texas Active Member

Last time when I was at the first main pit off memaloose a few weeks ago, it was pretty clean. There was some shells here and there but not like a hugeass bag of skittles. Now the 2nd just down the road from it and set up higher than the first pit is a hell of alot worse off.

15. krkruse

krkruse Salem area Active Member

brilliant....

16. tonz

tonz Beaverton Member

Great idea!

17. skandranon

skandranon Portland, Oregon Member

I didn't even know you guys had memberships. It is a foreign idea to me on a forum. However, this concept is fantastic! Kudos, Good Sirs! The public areas are disappointingly trashed. Having moved here from the midwest, I really love the natural beauty in this area. It is fairly rare in the USA anymore, and when losers disrespect that, it really disappoints me. I do my best to leave the area better than I found it. Whatever that area may be, or for.

18. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Not so much a membership as it is being a financial supporter, helping with the financial expense of keeping the website going. Notice the blue "bronze supporter" moniker under my username, there are silver, gold, and platinum supporter levels as well. You should click on the "donate" link up at the top and check it out!

skandranon and (deleted member) like this.
  19. jayleno

jayleno Western PDX Member

Excellent! I'll be lining up as soon as I can!

20. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

Like Stomper said, it's purely for website maintenance and bandwidth costs. Another benefit of donating, other than keeping our little community up and running, is you get entered in to a drawing every couple months for whatever gets donated, including several pistols recently. As far as keeping the areas clean, this is in our own best interests. ODFW has said they will shut down all shooting areas in the Tillamook State Forest permanently if the trash problem gets out of control again.