JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Memaloose!

2012-08-04_16-31-56_792.jpg
2012-08-04_16-27-48_723.jpg

Man, there was garbage everywhere! Had a LEO stop by and make sure that we were gonna clean up after ourselves....he obviously hadn't checked in on the previous folks.

Was all that from the main pit (the one 6.8 miles in)? or the smaller one after it?

We pickup cans and bottles when we go walking our stretch of Highway 20 out here. We do it for the little bit of money but maybe next time we could pick up trash as well. Since its not technically a shooting area it probably wouldn't count but maybe expanding it to public ways that people litter would be an idea.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

It's all good everyone, I'm sure there will be plenty more! (though I'm hoping not)

Sadly, it's been a week since I emailed seven different departments regarding our efforts here. Out of the seven different departments emailed in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, not a single one has written back.

It's all good everyone, I'm sure there will be plenty more! (though I'm hoping not)

Sadly, it's been a week since I emailed seven different departments regarding our efforts here. Out of the seven different departments emailed in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, not a single one has written back.

It is your time and it is valuable. If you have the links [addresses] to the state offices you might continue to send links with pictures of the clean up and the complaints found on this board.The lack of a response involving the efforts of the citizens of the states involved in this activity is atrocious.

<sound of one hand smacking forehead> WOW!!! Why didn't ~I~ think of that!!!

great idea!!!!

I'll see what I can do.....although I go to the club, maybe I can find some area less manicured....

Forgot to put my name on a piece of paper with the trash but you can see my shoes in one for the picks and who else has green nikes? So here's a pick with my screen name and my shoes hope this works for you guys.

imagejpeg_2_6.jpg

imagejpeg_2_7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's awesome to see people picking up out there! However every time I see another picture it kind of pisses me off to know that this isn't even scratching the surface because there's so much crap left out in the woods

It's awesome to see people picking up out there! However every time I see another picture it kind of pisses me off to know that this isn't even scratching the surface because there's so much crap left out in the woods

We left a lot of wood that others could use as target stands, but we did the best we could. The shot up propane, canisters, shaving cream cans, and air tank really pissed me off. Sharp metal everywhere, and what did they really get out of shooting this stuff? Maybe it spun around or a side blew out because of the pressure, but then sharp metal, and they didn't pick it up... Shot gun shells get to me too. We sorted threw it all when we got home and lots of it went in the recycling, plastic and metal that wouldn't break down out there but are reclaimable resources... *shakes head*

We left a lot of wood that others could use as target stands, but we did the best we could. The shot up propane, canisters, shaving cream cans, and air tank really pissed me off. Sharp metal everywhere, and what did they really get out of shooting this stuff? Maybe it spun around or a side blew out because of the pressure, but then sharp metal, and they didn't pick it up... Shot gun shells get to me too. We sorted threw it all when we got home and lots of it went in the recycling, plastic and metal that wouldn't break down out there but are reclaimable resources... *shakes head*

There was a ton of glass where I was. I think I am going to bring a rake and a 5 gallon bucket for the glass and shotgun shells next time.

It is your time and it is valuable. If you have the links [addresses] to the state offices you might continue to send links with pictures of the clean up and the complaints found on this board.The lack of a response involving the efforts of the citizens of the states involved in this activity is atrocious.

I'm not sure how I missed this post, but that's a great idea. I'll do that!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top