JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Like Stomper said, it's purely for website maintenance and bandwidth costs. Another benefit of donating, other than keeping our little community up and running, is you get entered in to a drawing every couple months for whatever gets donated, including several pistols recently. As far as keeping the areas clean, this is in our own best interests. ODFW has said they will shut down all shooting areas in the Tillamook State Forest permanently if the trash problem gets out of control again.
Giveaways were cancelled.
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/qu...porting-member-giveaway-june-24th-2012-a.html
Supporting Members,

I received some very upsetting news today from one of our members here who also happens to be an attorney. It turns out these Supporting Member giveaways we've been holding are prohibited by state law for any entity other than a non-profit organization. I've seen many other websites do these exactly as we have, but that is not an adequate defense. We simply cannot take the legal risk and put this community in jeopardy. As of now, all giveaways will be suspended until further notice.

Any of you who were motivated to donate by this giveaway and wish to receive a refund, please send me a PM and I'd be happy to do so.

Thanks, Joe Link

I'm a supporting member not because of the give-aways, but because of the awesome opportunity to go to a place with like-minded individuals and buy and sell, converse, and do research. Great forum, Joe Link!

I'm updating the original thread, as I've had several questions about what happens if, by chance, there isn't enough to fill three bags. If you go out on two or three separate occasions and fill one or two bags each, we will accept that toward the three bag total! Submit the photos as you collect them, and don't forget your username sign :)

I would like to congratulate the administrators and participants of this effort.

There has been a lot of debris accumulated on our public lands over the years. I wanted to remind folks, metal has value if the state will allow an individual to remove it. From cars to refrigerators. So there might be a buck or two in it also, if there is any interest in scrapping the iron.

I'm a supporting member not because of the give-aways, but because of the awesome opportunity to go to a place with like-minded individuals and buy and sell, converse, and do research. Great forum, Joe Link!

I am a supporting member for the same reason. This is a great forum with great people and content. I was a lurker on here for a while and then a member and now a few months ago I became a supporting because I have a great appriciation for the forum and the work Joe does. Thanks alot Joe, this is a great idea and I may be heading up to the mountians for my next trip instead of Douglas Ridge. Thanks again Joe.

Awesome idea, seems like every time I go out camping or shooting I come home with bags of other peoples trash. Lots of people reload on here also so if you happen to be picking up decent looking brass throw it in a separate bag and it might come in handy in a trade. =)

I don't know if they got the idea here, but...I drove past a usually trashy shoot'n spot on the way to our usual place and noticed how bad it was getting. Made a mental note to bring some bags on my next trip later that week. Made trip number two and stopped at the lower, trashy spot. Somebody had taken about THREE BAGS worth of trash out in the two days since I'd been there. Nice. I actually decided to shoot there myself and took another bag and two computers. I only wish I would have had room for more.

Has any one taken the time to put up a sign? Show the public who you are.
Supporting your community and good sportsmanship, yourselves as individuals using your own time and expense. Maybe cleanup linked to NWF.com
What ever. The public should take notice and will see a visual difference. The sign may give good people a reason to take part. No doubt someone may sooner or later use it for a target.
Good placement might be considered. Entrance, exit- ?

Myself an old wore out biker once affiliated with a grope of great friends who rode together in support of public awareness. We did some community cleanup and applied for a state placard for our involvement in state hwy cleanup. It was the nice thing to see our efforts supported on the green and white sign supplied by the State of Or. Hwy DPT.
They should have enough time and money to have a few prisoners paint some plywood.
After seeing what they will spend changing the names of hwy s. around Eugene and else ware The Beltline is a good example.

Memaloose!

2012-08-04_16-31-56_792.jpg
2012-08-04_16-27-48_723.jpg

Man, there was garbage everywhere! Had a LEO stop by and make sure that we were gonna clean up after ourselves....he obviously hadn't checked in on the previous folks.

That looks like more than three bags, if you could manage to stuff it in them! Great job.

A truck or SUV full of trash will work just the same folks ;)

Well i didnt have my phone with me on sunday when i went to capitol forrest, I do have to say though, the pits looked a whole lot better this time then ever before. still cleaned up some trash anyways.

8/5/2012 Tillamook,
Forgot to write my name on some cardboard (doh!), and while not "bag-able" due to weight/size/tearing still got some trash out of there (with another member who asked not to be named).

dscn2500w.jpg
espresso machine far right.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews