JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Already have a Bronze but keeping the thread alive did this this morning all nice and clean.
20170626_072540.jpg 20170626_083856.jpg
20170626_083909.jpg

Joe, thanks for the Bronze. I didn't clean up to receive the membership - I gladly support this site, and will renew at the turn of the year.

We definitely appreciate the support, and you definitely deserve the Bronze :)

Didn't see any grouse today but I came across a trashed shooting spot so I figured I'd knock out some shells and try out this 22lr adapter I got for my single shot 12ga.

I've seen worse spots but there was a carpet of broken class that was less than pleasant. Picked up all the old paper targets and a case or two of shotgun shells.

trash.jpg

Stopped to clean up the local spot and....someone beat me to it! LOVE That! Don't know who it was but they did an awesome job. Even walked the lot and picked up the bags and bottles. THANK YOU mystery clean up person! May your good deeds be rewarded many times over.
It is stuff like this that will keep open the places we like to shoot. Kudos to all the above who are picking up!

I would like to thank whoever has been helping clean up above Woodland Washington above the Little Kalama River road area on the Aho Carson creek road. I've been trying to clean that up for several years now and I know someone else has been helping me because I noticed some other cleanup activity. But recently someone severely trashed it this last winter and I need to do some extra cleanup. I would appreciate any help I can get. It wasn't shooters doing all the trashing but a lot of it IS from our people so if you're in the area sometime give me a hand.

Well it was a gorgeous day to do my part here in this neck of the woods.

What a mess!

I'd like to challenge other newbs who haven't had a chance yet, to take time in your outings to pitch in and volunteer your time to this worthy cause.
It is extremely rewarding:
(Not just the bronzey:s0023:) but the Good feeling that you are part of an effort to maintain a clean and respectful reputation.

Here's today's haul:
20170930_113126.jpg
In the truck:
20170930_123501.jpg

Wish I had a full size pickup or flatbed.
I'd have filled it to the brim, so I took what would fit and made a nice tidy pile for next trip.
A list of what I brought out:

Two and one half bags, mainly plastic and shell casings.
Maybe ten "target stands" if you can call them that.
A 55 gal. Drum shot to smithereens. (I left two others in the tidy pile:mad:)
Misc. Other garbage who's owner I'd love to have five minutes alone with.

Called the sheriffs office on the way home to find out what resources are available for volunteers (ex: dump sights), none they said so I'm stuck with some of it till trash day. The plywood and such rubbish was burned on the homestead.
20170930_131119.jpg
Found a high quality drinking apparatus, one more in the rewards column: 20170930_123814.jpg

I'll try to clean it for use.

To conclude id like to thank @joelink for giving us the platform and proper motivation to participate. The members who make up this community also deserve much credit for making this forum what it is. We really are blessed to live in such a beautiful area of the most exceptional country on earth. Let's treat it that way.

Last Edited:
Well it was a gorgeous day to do my part here in this neck of the woods.

What a mess!

I'd like to challenge other newbs who haven't had a chance yet, to take time in your outings to pitch in and volunteer your time to this worthy cause.
It is extremely rewarding:
(Not just the bronzey:s0023:) but the Good feeling that you are part of an effort to maintain a clean and respectful reputation.

Here's today's haul:
View attachment 394493
In the truck:
View attachment 394496

Wish I had a full size pickup or flatbed.
I'd have filled it to the brim, so I took what would fit and made a nice tidy pile for next trip.
A list of what I brought out:

Two and one half bags, mainly plastic and shell casings.
Maybe ten "target stands" if you can call them that.
A 55 gal. Drum shot to smithereens. (I left two others in the tidy pile:mad:)
Misc. Other garbage who's owner I'd love to have five minutes alone with.

Called the sheriffs office on the way home to find out what resources are available for volunteers (ex: dump sights), none they said so I'm stuck with some of it till trash day. The plywood and such rubbish was burned on the homestead.
View attachment 394499
Found a high quality drinking apparatus, one more in the rewards column:View attachment 394490

I'll try to clean it for use.

To conclude id like to thank @joelink for giving us the platform and proper motivation to participate. The members who make up this community also deserve much credit for making this forum what it is. We really are blessed to live in such a beautiful area of the most exceptional country on earth. Let's treat it that way.
Nice job @Heyjoe . Keep making us look good! :cool:

Well done @bivy53!
Sadly, there's no shortage of work to be done to include labor, education and promotion of our values.

It would be nice if some local agency could give you a place to get ride of the stuff. Here in PDX my household is limited to one 20gal can every TWO WEEKS for our house hold trash, and don't have the luxury of burning a pile of anything outside. That pretty much limits me when I go out to a couple of small bags of shotgun shells. And I can put plastic bottles and small metal in my recycle bins.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top