JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Spring clean up time!

NWFFTrash.jpg

Man! A truck load this time. Still need to go back and gather little scraps but it looks MUCH better.
It doesn't take much time. I hope everyone can spare a little to keep places like this open to the public. If you bring it in, take it out please.

Joe, THANK YOU for keeping this going and adding some incentive to others. Much appreciated!

Nothing ticks me off more then people that leave trash all over after shooting or camping. I clean up all trash I find when I go out.
Wish I would have known this the last time I went out, brought a truck load full home.... took 3 months to get it loaded into my trash and have it taken away. I will post pics next time.

View attachment 358134 I did some cleaning up on Fish Creek Rd. I did what I could but I should have brought more bags
Well done!

Me and the Mrs. were up past Oz pit doing a little scouting and of course shooting, and found the usual crap scattered around every where.

We picked this up at Oz and could have gotten more - but - hey... it looked better after we left...and there's plenty more for next time!

(we left it bagged and stacked alongside the road, in a turnout near where Hillock Burn Rd. becomes USFS 45, as directed.)

We also noticed that the first clearing on the left as you go up 45 is being heavily used and trashed again.

(This is the infamous site where trees were shot down. It's the focus of several co-op cleanup and PR events too, so witnessing the continued destruction of standing timber, with bottles and household trash everywhere is especially troubling.)

It appears that all the signage has been destroyed or removed, and the efforts of numerous cleanups and education outreach have been for nothing.
This site still continues to be the choice of some questionable individuals.

They either don't care or don't know that without a backstop, all stray rounds travel over and through a trail system in place beyond - and on out over a watershed below.
The destruction and mess they leave continues make recreational target shooters on public lands look bad.
Ed

Oz 002.JPG Oz 003.JPG Oz 004.JPG

Well done!

Me and the Mrs. were up past Oz pit doing a little scouting and of course shooting, and found the usual crap scattered around every where.

We picked this up at Oz and could have gotten more - but - hey... it looked better after we left...and there's plenty more for next time!

(we left it bagged and stacked alongside the road, in a turnout near where Hillock Burn Rd. becomes USFS 45, as directed.)

We also noticed that the first clearing on the left as you go up 45 is being heavily used and trashed again.

(This is the infamous site where trees were shot down. It's the focus of several co-op cleanup and PR events too, so witnessing the continued destruction of standing timber, with bottles and household trash everywhere is especially troubling.)

It appears that all the signage has been destroyed or removed, and the efforts of numerous cleanups and education outreach have been for nothing.
This site still continues to be the choice of some questionable individuals.

They either don't care or don't know that without a backstop, all stray rounds travel over and through a trail system in place beyond - and on out over a watershed below.
The destruction and mess they leave continues make recreational target shooters on public lands look bad.
Ed

View attachment 364924 View attachment 364925 View attachment 364926

Great job, Ed! Enjoy the Bronze :)

The wife and I cleaned up one of the shooting areas off Marys Peak forest road 12-7-30 today. 9 bags plus a pile of other trash. Should have brought more bags. Forgot to take before pictures. Those dang shot shells seem to multiply even after you pick them up. Hopefully will make it to the clean up in a few weeks.

20170603_114527.jpg 20170603_114533.jpg 20170603_114537.jpg 20170603_114552.jpg

Slobs seem to be competing with idiots in world domination. My son and I went shooting at Wolf Creek, about Mile Marker 3 (way past the lanes). We came out with 12# of trash, lots broken glass, and perhaps 100+ shot shells. There was the cowling of a car there, but I couldn't pick it out from under the wood debris.

There was another area, around MM 2.5, where I wished I had a pickup to carry away the trash. It would have filled a bed.

Slobs seem to be competing with idiots in world domination. My son and I went shooting at Wolf Creek, about Mile Marker 3 (way past the lanes). We came out with 12# of trash, lots broken glass, and perhaps 100+ shot shells. There was the cowling of a car there, but I couldn't pick it out from under the wood debris.

There was another area, around MM 2.5, where I wished I had a pickup to carry away the trash. It would have filled a bed.

That's terrible. Thank you for picking up what you could!

Found a great spot today, out shooting with my son. We could shoot from the shade while all the targets were in sunlight.
Plenty of easily accessible target spots all the way out to 150 yards (google earth), and >200m if you want to wade through the brush.
Pretty messy this time. Picture attached. Steel AK & 7.62x54R, hundreds of hulls, and lots of targets left behind. I crushed all the plastic jugs we found, put them in that box. There's probably > 24 in there.
For those of you reading this, do you pick up the 22 brass? I didn't.

20170625_141047.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads