JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, I'm already a Bronze supporter, but I'll be dropping three bags and a three-legged coffee table 'target' at DNR in Castle Rock, WA on Thursday morning. Steve Rhodes truck was piled high with bags of trash on Saturday and couldn't safely take any more. [I'm going up to Tacoma for a memorial service, so it's right on my way.] Bob
leftover cleanup.jpg

I went back to enjoy some target shooting in the yacolt burn area that we all cleaned up last weekend. It was already trashed again in literally 7 days. I spent a couple hours cleaning it all up. Pulled out 4 tire rims with tires and 3 hubcaps along with 3 bags of trash. I am glad I could clean it up but somewhat burned me up at how people treated the area we literaly just cleaned.
P.S. the sign we left saying the site was cleaned up by NWFA was completely MIA

Cleanup_zpsybgak4gn.jpg

I went back to enjoy some target shooting in the yacolt burn area that we all cleaned up last weekend. It was already trashed again in literally 7 days. I spent a couple hours cleaning it all up. Pulled out 4 tire rims with tires and 3 hubcaps along with 3 bags of trash. I am glad I could clean it up but somewhat burned me up at how people treated the area we literaly just cleaned.
P.S. the sign we left saying the site was cleaned up by NWFA was completely MIA

View attachment 299598
Thank you, Mr. Never! Nice work! Yes, the sign didn't even last 24 hrs! Probably would have stood a better chance of lasting longer if there was a kiosk type sign out on the roadway. Oh well.

Thanks for the good stewardship!

Bill

Hey Never! I see you don't have your Volunteer Badge from the Yacolt cleanup. What's up with that? You don't want to wear it or something? :D

I'll send a message to @Joe Link and I'm sure he'll fix that right away!

Thanks again!

Bill

No volunteer badge for me either.

As it turned out, I met Steve Rhodes at Hockinson H.S. to hand off the additional garbage from
the Yacolt Burn SF cleanup. He actually works Wed-Sat out of Battleground [not Castle Rock as listed on his business card].

My wife(also a member) and I went out to do some clean up this weekend.
From the Mosquito Lake Road / North Fork small pit alone:
6 bags of trash
Tons of broken glass and tile
1 very fat sack of good brass (who just leaves money laying around like that?)
2 pallets
14 un-shot clays (Thank you!)

We were getting full just as a bear was spotted 100ft up the road but did swing by the big pit to have a look. Loads of stuff to clean up there as well! We will be making another trip soon.

-Micro1394 & Kayosphere
QSwybPy.jpg

My wife(also a member) and I went out to do some clean up this weekend.
From the Mosquito Lake Road / North Fork small pit alone:
6 bags of trash
Tons of broken glass and tile
1 very fat sack of good brass (who just leaves money laying around like that?)
2 pallets
14 un-shot clays (Thank you!)

We were getting full just as a bear was spotted 100ft up the road but did swing by the big pit to have a look. Loads of stuff to clean up there as well! We will be making another trip soon.

-Micro1394 & Kayosphere
View attachment 299678

Fantastic, enjoy your Bronze!

Today I worked at the Jackson pit and the newer pit down below, 10:00 to 5:30. I picked up lots of fireworks along the road side from arrowhead to jackson, put out one small fire on the side of the road where they are logging, someone left a fire up against a stump, picked up about 400 casings on the road just below the jackson pit at the intersection. stacked the garbage where Cogs, His Son, and I worked last Sunday.

DSC03913.JPG DSC03918.JPG

Today I worked at the Jackson pit and the newer pit down below, 10:00 to 5:30. I picked up lots of fireworks along the road side from arrowhead to jackson, put out one small fire on the side of the road where they are logging, someone left a fire up against a stump, picked up about 400 casings on the road just below the jackson pit at the intersection. stacked the garbage where Cogs, His Son, and I worked last Sunday.

View attachment 300862 View attachment 300863
Good work, NW! This is the guy that also helped Lone Wolf and I to clean up a trashed spot just down the road on Sunday July 3rd.

Thanks! I'll tell Steve Rhodes (DNR) about this!

Cogs
Mini cleanup 7-3-16.jpg

View attachment 300862 View attachment 300863

Nice work! Enjoy the Bronze :)

Super day out today. Went shooting outside for the first time since Boy Scouts...

Place wasn't to bad, some small stuff so just 1 bag to clean up.

Same bag at home:

---Err are used shotgun shells OK in the recycling bin?

70FB8439-4BC1-436B-853D-B003033156DA_zpsdgwmwsrr.jpg 1508E406-4D29-4144-96E4-427384ADEF86_zpshil7eein.jpg

Good spirit, Camel! Glad you got a chance to shoot! Just think of all the fun you were missing!

Thanks for being responsible by go prepared and cleaning up what you could!

I'm not so sure that recycling will take the shotgun hulls. It may be because of the mix of metal & plastic. They may also have a concern for any live rounds that may be mixed in. We might separate them but they won't take our word for it. Let us know if they do.

Was that BLM land by chance? If so, I have a contact in the Salem office who will help you dispose of the trash. It would probably need to be when you get 3 or more bags full. Still, I'd be happy to get the contact info to you.

Cogs

Good spirit, Camel! Glad you got a chance to shoot! Just think of all the fun you were missing!

Thanks for being responsible by go prepared and cleaning up what you could!

I'm not so sure that recycling will take the shotgun hulls. It may be because of the mix of metal & plastic. They may also have a concern for any live rounds that may be mixed in. We might separate them but they won't take our word for it. Let us know if they do.

Was that BLM land by chance? If so, I have a contact in the Salem office who will help you dispose of the trash. It would probably need to be when you get 3 or more bags full. Still, I'd be happy to get the contact info to you.

Cogs

Jeese thanks Cogs!

I'll just put this one in the regular trash then, don't hardly put much in it with all the recycling we do.

Yeah, curious on the hulls, our recycling is metal/plastic in the same bin, but it's amazing how paranoid people are with the primers (spent or otherwise) and just won't touch them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top