JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From yesterday, it never ceases to amaze me how people that enjoy our sport can just leave all of their garbage and possibly get it all closed down for everyone.
DSCN3045.JPG

I'm not going to complain about a place being too clean but after walking the area and poking around behind some vegetation, I got a full bag out of Mary's Peak. 1/3 (not that I'm stopping there!)

20160416_171637.jpg

The wife and I had a great morning hiking and scouting up on Mary's Peak. Found the old shooting area down by the Wilderness Tie Road pretty trashed so we spent a couple hours picking up. Almost filled the truck bed up. Probably another load and a half left. Maybe next weekend. The best part was the wife getting to shoot the new toy. Now she has 2 SR22 pistols. She was actually hitting a water bottle at 15 yards:)

20160422_110425.jpg 20160422_110501.jpg 20160422_120407.jpg 20160422_122011.jpg 20160422_120417.jpg 20160422_121020.jpg

I guess the wrong area... I found a map link and followed it to a little out-of-the-way place with some shooting debris (but not too much)... I'll try to find the exact spot later. Where should I have been?
Hi XY. No right or wrong areas, I was just impressed there was only 1 bag of trash. That is a good thing!!

Went shooting at Lousignant rd, shot at the first spot, which was pretty clean, especially compared to when we went there for the cleanup event. Got only one bag of trash. That's the first picture below. Then went down the road to the second spot, which was pretty trashed. Got two more bags, and there was a lot left, but I was out of time and out of trash bags.

20160426_114140.jpg 20160426_114558.jpg 20160426_115724.jpg

The wife and I made it back to Marys Peak this morning. Windy but bright awesome sunshine. We finished picking the 1 area that we always go to. Looks pretty good now. We started on the other area. Still more to do. Here is our 16 bags plus partial TVs. As a side note if the shotgunners would pick up their junk there wouldnt be much to do. I'm voting for a 5 cent deposit per shell. I might be able to get that new rifle:) Yes we even got a bumper and lights off a car.

20160506_112905.jpg 20160506_112854.jpg 20160506_103846.jpg

The wife and I made it back to Marys Peak this morning. Windy but bright awesome sunshine. We finished picking the 1 area that we always go to. Looks pretty good now. We started on the other area. Still more to do. Here is our 16 bags plus partial TVs. As a side note if the shotgunners would pick up their junk there wouldnt be much to do. I'm voting for a 5 cent deposit per shell. I might be able to get that new rifle:) Yes we even got a bumper and lights off a car.

View attachment 291410 View attachment 291411 View attachment 291412
We're you able to connect with BLM for disposal?

Yes. It is actually for Corvallis U.S. Forest Service office that is letting us use their dumpster. They said "Glad to see you again and you can head on back. Talked with a few of the guys. Mentioned NWFA a few times. They havent heard about the site. Still need to follow up with the names you gave me for sponsoring a site.

This photo is from last Saturday... Took my little brother up to a spot along a path on Tillamook (forgot the name of the trail but I think it started with an R and it was across from a path with a sign for Brown's Camp).

Should really count as only a single bag -- one is sitting in a bucket so the glass didn't shred out the bottom.

Bonus photo: little brother's first couple magazines on his target. This was his second time handling a firearm and his first time was about 4 and a half years ago.

20160501_150140.jpg 20160501_133544_HDR.jpg

Went up North Fork Wolf Creek Road with a buddy this morning. Our spot wasn't too bad, but I still managed to dig three bags of garbage out of there. Lots of beer cans, soda bottles, and paint cans but thankfully no TV's or refrigerators. Didn't have a pen on me so I had to take the pic back at home. Hope that still counts.

Second picture is just because it was a beautiful, but windy, day for shooting.

image.jpeg

mother's day.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews