JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did you correct her on that 'teacup' grip?? ;)

LOL... I didn't say a thing to her that would make her tense as only husbands manage to do when trying to teach their wives to shoot! I was just glad she was shooting it, not flinching, and hitting what she was aiming at 90% of the time... oh yeah, and not one time sweeping me with the muzzle! LOL

LOL... I didn't say a thing to her that would make her tense as only husbands manage to do when trying to teach their wives to shoot! I was just glad she was shooting it, not flinching, and hitting what she was aiming at 90% of the time... oh yeah, and not one time sweeping me with the muzzle! LOL

Yeah, probably best to leave 'correcting' a wife to someone else. I'm happy mine likes to shoot as well and is able to not only show proper safety, but hit her targets. :)

Well finding this thread was reason enough to get off my duff and search out the closest outdoor range to us west of PDX. I'm glad to do my part to ensure these public lands remain open for us enthusiasts. Thoroughly enjoyed my MLK day alone practicing my aim and cleaning up after some others at Wolf Creek.

View attachment 273539 View attachment 273540

Thanks @Ed69, you're all set!

I do this after every hunting season, usually get a PU load, including human excrement. Also cleaned-up two grow operations, filthy beggars:mad:
but no on-line pics.
As soon as the snow melts I'll get some pics

Wow, you salvaged a SUV?

<broken link removed>

223222-f0d97e916c3722048fafd6eaafe6948d.jpg

Bump for spring clean ups!
The last year was a tough one. People were just not taking care of things. So much garbage :( This year I had to bring in a D-6 Cat to clean it up.

butte3-03-2016.jpg

One more trip to haul off the furniture, but it looks much better :)

mbutte3-3-2016.jpg

I will likely still need to make a few passes with the grader to smooth things out.

Hopefully clean ups like this will inspire others to do a better job cleaning up after themselves so we can keep places like this open for all to enjoy :)

Wow. That's the way to clean up! Was this a group effort? Who manages the land. And how far east where (general area)?
Thank you!
Just about as far east in Oregon as you can get and not be in Idaho. ( I can share the exact location via PM if you are close ) This is a section of land owned by the Bureau of Reclamation. We operate an irrigation project that is near. I enjoy shooting there myself and others do as well. Not too far from town.
As you can see a week ago it looked much differently:

12742538_10204390212470409_599554429341489489_n.jpg

I was embarrassed to take a wider angle shot do to the massive amount of debris this time :mad:

Myself and one other guy I work with do our best to stop by here from time to time and sweep the slate clean. There has been many times that those who hold ultimate control over this place have talked about closing access to the public because of the garbage nuisance. We are doing our best to make sure that doesn't happen :)

Good spirit and attitude. All it takes is a little effort to do a lot of good. It's good that you let the agency know about your clean ups. They likely will work with you and often vote in your favor instead of closing.

Thanks for posting!

Cogs

It's really disgusting to see the mess people leave behind and don't appreciate places like this. It really makes me mad.

I definitely appreciate your efforts in keeping this area cleaned up. I live in Portland so Im not one to use it, but I atleast want to thank you for the cleanup.

Bump for spring clean ups!
The last year was a tough one. People were just not taking care of things. So much garbage :( This year I had to bring in a D-6 Cat to clean it up.

View attachment 281152

One more trip to haul off the furniture, but it looks much better :)

View attachment 281153

I will likely still need to make a few passes with the grader to smooth things out.

Hopefully clean ups like this will inspire others to do a better job cleaning up after themselves so we can keep places like this open for all to enjoy :)

Nice work! Enjoy the Bronze :)

Nice work! Enjoy the Bronze :)
Thank you very much! I know that you know I don't do it for the "Bronze" and I don't exactly follow the three bag rule :) Much appreciated though.
I need to post a couple more photos. Pulling a drag has really smoothed things up and it is looking really good up there. We are getting much needed moisture the last couple days. I didn't want to rut the fresh roads :)

Thank you very much! I know that you know I don't do it for the "Bronze" and I don't exactly follow the three bag rule :) Much appreciated though.
I need to post a couple more photos. Pulling a drag has really smoothed things up and it is looking really good up there. We are getting much needed moisture the last couple days. I didn't want to rut the fresh roads :)

Absolutely!

ae36258176.jpg
Not looking for a membership, just wanted to post about how out of hand the trash is getting in Douglas County. I regularly go shooting up Rock Creek Road, east of Glide. Last time I went ~2 months ago, I filled 2 big contractor bags full of trash. On my trip today, this is all the trash I picked up and there's still more up there; Not expecting this much trash I ran out of bags. That's what has accumulated in just two months.

Ever since the county instated fees for the transfer sites, more and more people are dumping trash in the woods.

Picked this up on Fish Creek road last week. It wasn't too bad when I was up there a couple of weeks ago but the slobs have been busy. Could have done more if I had more bags or a pickup. New to shooting and this site. Don't know what a bronze membership is but wth I'll take it. I always pick up when I'm out anyways. I

20160324_174118.jpg 20160324_174138.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top