JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife and I pulled out four bags, plus a bunch of card board from Wolf Creek Road off 26 in Tilamook Forest.

To whatever idiots that were shooting the case of full plastic water bottles:

There were enough unhit bottles to prove you are a bad shot, and a filthy human being.

That's the kind of 'Freak Show' we like! Way to go Mr. & Mrs. Freak! Nice work!

Simply awesome idea Joey! Might I suggest that you forward any threads/photos to BLM or appropriate agencies to show what the firearms community is doing to police their own ranks! :s0155:
Simply awesome idea Joey! Might I suggest that you forward any threads/photos to BLM or appropriate agencies to show what the firearms community is doing to police their own ranks! :s0155:

This is a very good idea. I volunteered for a couple horseback organizations. I worked with them out on new trails for the forest or old ones to clear out over growth. We also cleaned up after people leaving trash thrown about. Keeping our forests clean is good for all of us, it's a win situation. As soon as I can locate some outdoor shooting areas I'll be cleaning up as well. Off to find me a thread to locate land for shooting, can't afford to pay.

As soon as I can locate some outdoor shooting areas I'll be cleaning up as well. Off to find me a thread to locate land for shooting, can't afford to pay.

Donna,

Check the Volunteer section and look at some 'Past Events' for a forest near you. Usually, in the first post, of each thread, there will be a map link to a shooting location where we have cleaned up.

That may help you get into some good shooting places!

Bill

Last Thursday 8-6-15 a buddy and I went up to Browns Camp to go shooting. We didn't realize that the quarry was closed during the week, but that didn't stop us from doing a little (a lot of) clean up. We took three kitchen trash bags and four 5 gallon buckets with us. We filled all the bags with range trash and all the buckets with shotgun and steel casings. I have a magnet tool which help pick them up a little faster.

We drove further up the mountain and found a suitable area to safely shoot. While there we cleaned that area too, not only of all our steel case, but anything, trash or casings, we could find there as well. While we were there one fo the rangers showed up and gave us an extra bigger bag. We emptied two of the 5 gallon buckets into the bag and stopped again at the Browns Camp quarry on the way out to do do some more clean up. We topped off the two buckets before we left the mountain.

First off if you want to shoot at Browns camp it is required that you have one gallon water and a shovel per person to shoot. The quarry opens after 4:30 on Fridays. If you get caught without your water and shovels you will be sent packing.

Second...what the hell is wrong with people trashing Browns camp. It was the worst I have ever seen...ever. If we want to continue to have these outdoor ranges available for our enjoyment, then people need to stop being lazy and clean up.

I would be happy to organize a clean up day at the Browns Camp quarry. If anyone is interested in helping with such a task, send me a PM and we can go from there.

IMG_20150807_083715800_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150807_084130177_HDR.jpg

Last Thursday 8-6-15 a buddy and I went up to Browns Camp to go shooting. We didn't realize that the quarry was closed during the week, but that didn't stop us from doing a little (a lot of) clean up. We took three kitchen trash bags and four 5 gallon buckets with us. We filled all the bags with range trash and all the buckets with shotgun and steel casings. I have a magnet tool which help pick them up a little faster.

We drove further up the mountain and found a suitable area to safely shoot. While there we cleaned that area too, not only of all our steel case, but anything, trash or casings, we could find there as well. While we were there one fo the rangers showed up and gave us an extra bigger bag. We emptied two of the 5 gallon buckets into the bag and stopped again at the Browns Camp quarry on the way out to do do some more clean up. We topped off the two buckets before we left the mountain.

First off if you want to shoot at Browns camp it is required that you have one gallon water and a shovel per person to shoot. The quarry opens after 4:30 on Fridays. If you get caught without your water and shovels you will be sent packing.

Second...what the hell is wrong with people trashing Browns camp. It was the worst I have ever seen...ever. If we want to continue to have these outdoor ranges available for our enjoyment, then people need to stop being lazy and clean up.

I would be happy to organize a clean up day at the Browns Camp quarry. If anyone is interested in helping with such a task, send me a PM and we can go from there.

Thanks for the work Paul, enjoy your Bronze :)

Thank you sir. There will be more to come. Completely serious about organizing clean up at Browns camp or for that matter other areas that need to be addressed

Nice work Trekker! That's showing some class!

That place was last cleaned up in (?) April? What ever day Earth Day is, by the Solve group and some from NWFA. I think that's also a kids party pit (not sure but thought I had heard that). I suspect it's also a common place to dump trash. When shooters get there, there's plenty to shoot at! So, we can't blame it all on target shooters. Still needs to be cleaned up!

We have quite a few NWFA Members who will be happy to join you on that clean up. The more we get, the sooner we can start shooting and having fun!

Send me the date!

Bill

Hit up Storeyburn today since Browns camp is still closed and found a couple spots that were pretty trashed on the way out. I was short on time or I would have hit a few more spots (gotta be home on time for dinner ya know :rolleyes:). Anyway was able to get a few bags as quite a bit of brass as a bonus. I was unpleasantly surprised that people are still shooting glass bottles as targets. I found a bottle of fireball (which I like chilled) and champagne bottle (which I don't favor at any temp) shattered. Ran into a few other shooters as I was about to leave and am hoping they didn't trash it all over again.
image.jpg

Well finding this thread was reason enough to get off my duff and search out the closest outdoor range to us west of PDX. I'm glad to do my part to ensure these public lands remain open for us enthusiasts. Thoroughly enjoyed my MLK day alone practicing my aim and cleaning up after some others at Wolf Creek.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads