JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
About a month ago I picked up a few 50 rd boxes for $3 / box or $0.06 / rd at Outdoor Emporium in Seattle (it's a half block south of Safeco Field adjacent to Filsons.

Only 2 box / person / day limit, though. Still, I was surprised to find it on the shelves. It wasn't worth the savings to drive down there but they usually have good prices on ammo in general so I'll pick up a couple of boxes when I go in there on a lunch break to pick up other ammo.

Unlike some here I hadn't been building up any stock piles for these periodic scares so I've been caught low on ammo the last few years. I want to change that but I'm not buying anything in bulk until prices drop more. .22, 9mm, .40, .223, or any other calibers. Prices still seem a bit high but not as bad as they were a year or so ago.

Yeah. I expect them to come down some more too. Never back to what they were before the craziness, but lower than now. That's about the best guess I can come up with.

Some places are still reaming you. Then you get the hoarders. How much 22 do u need. I have passed on purchases at good prices. If you have 2000 rounds you are good to go. I have had it for a year. I haven't gone through a 500 yet. Shoot once a month. I also see the shooters that have the AR style 22's and just go through the ammo....waste...... It will all get better....o_O:eek:

If you have 2000 rounds you are good to go. I have had it for a year. I haven't gone through a 500 yet. Shoot once a month. I also see the shooters that have the AR style 22's and just go through the ammo....waste...... It will all get better....o_O:eek:

500/12=41.66666..... I like to shoot my .22's more than 42 times when I take them out! :eek:

So 2000 rounds and you're^^^good to go.:)

One of the online issues I see is the shipping. I can get one box of 50rds from Midway at a good price, but then add shipping. Or you can get a few boxes of 500rds from PSA (Palmeto) ...

I am shooting Steel - that is 5 strings/ x 6 stages = 125 rnds. Of course I would have to not miss to shoot that few. :s0001:

(Steel - 5 targets/ string shoot 5 strings / stage (most) )

Courtesy of MidwayUSA and their AWESOME notification system. $23 and change per brick including shipping

:s0067:

B9F4A9C1-0C95-4A87-AE4F-060D9E71DBDD_zps36thusrz.jpg

I take 2 500 rnd bricks every time I go out to shoot. I usually go thru one and then how much of the other depends on what else I brought to shoot that day.

If I go an average of 3 times per month (5 in the summer and 1-2 durring the worst couple months), then just to be safe I should have 30k... I NEED at least 15k just to shoot my one box per outing.

Obviously I don't have the funds for that so I just buy what I can when I see it at a good to great deal.

I stopped buying 50 rounds at a time and just started looking online and figure shipping is offset by the gas I save.

Say what you want about .22 prices, but untill it's cheaper to shoot any other caliber for me I'll keep searching for the deals. (I don't support scalpers though).

If you have 2000 rounds you are good to go. I have had it for a year.

Really. If I only had 2k of .22 I would be in a panic. I have more then that just loaded in mags and belts.......... actually on second thought I probably have 2x that much loaded in mags and belts.

As for buying, I don't think I have bought .22 in over 2 years, so I am not hurting anyones chances of finding any. Actually I am helping since I am not competing for it, so you should be thanking guys like me.

.22 will come back to everyday availability once the government stops ordering and destroying it.

LOL! That or all the hygiene-challenged camo wearing old dude's waiting in line at the BiMart counter on 'truck unload day' are finding out that there's no more money to be made off those of us too busy to stand in line at the BiMart counter so they stopped scooping it all up and now we can finally walk in and find it on the shelves.

Now we have to hope that the prices return to normal.... .03-.04 per round.

I just received my ten new 325 round bricks of Federal 22LR AutoMatch 40GR, from LAX Ammo. $28 a brick shipped.....not great, but I was amazed that I was able to order ten bricks at one time :^)

Federal_22LR_Aut_54988239711f7.png

I was seriously thinking of buying one of these a couple of years ago.
The idea was that it would be a cheaper way to shoot a full auto weapon.
Kinda glad that I passed up on it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads