JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just received my ten new 325 round bricks of Federal 22LR AutoMatch 40GR, from LAX Ammo. $28 a brick shipped.....not great, but I was amazed that I was able to order ten bricks at one time :^)

View attachment 125661

Ouch. I bought the exact same ammo at Midway about a week and a half ago for under $20.00 per box shipped from Midway. 2 box limit though. The wife ordered 2 as well, so 4 boxes total. Not a bad haul. I don't shoot a full brick on each outing, so I don't need 15-30K rounds per year. Joe13, you've got me beat by a long shot!

That 1000rnd box for $58 was the first .22 I've seen or bought in awhile.

Passed on a few offering here online to try and let someone else get some under scalper prices, but those are getting rarer and rarer.

And no matter how you slice it, I'm pretty sure that even at .06-.07 a round is still cheaper then any reloads of any caliber Id expect. You just have to build a little stock up above what you'll shoot next weekend and buy it when you can afford it and find it.

I look whenever I am in a Bimart, Walmart or Sportsman Warehouse. I don't stop in every day or even every week but when I am in those stores I look and ask. I haven't seen any 22LR available for over 3 years. I guess I could camp out at a store and check everyday when the doors open. I haven't shot more than 60 rounds of 22 LR in the last 4 years.

I look whenever I am in a Bimart, Walmart or Sportsman Warehouse. I don't stop in every day or even every week but when I am in those stores I look and ask. I haven't seen any 22LR available for over 3 years. I guess I could camp out at a store and check everyday when the doors open. I haven't shot more than 60 rounds of 22 LR in the last 4 years.

Usually the response I get is "you have to be here at __am on Tuesday or Thursday if you want .22 ammo". My problem is that I work during all the hours they get shipments (goes for all the stores you list), so I've not seen .22 in any of those stores in years. Well, one exception - BiMart in OC did have (3) 50 round boxes of Thunderbolts last year for $3.99 each. Limit at that time was 1 per customer. I didn't even bother. Any .22 I've scored in the last year has been 100% online - primarily through Cabela's and Midway.

We know where to find it, but the new shooter does not. My wife had some friends stop by over the holidays. Their son was talking to my son and mentioned he got a 10/22 for Christmas LAST year and had not shot it as he and his dad could never find ammo in the stores. These are not gun people, the 22 is the first and only gun they own. My son came and told me. The look on the kids face when I handed him a brick and said Merry Christmas, go shoot your gun, was more than enough payment for me. Even his dad asked, where did you get that from? I told him I was a good boy and Santa left me some. Goes to show that if someone is just checking the sporting goods stores, they will have to be lucky to find some.

Some folks were looking at us like we were nuts double tapping silhouettes with .223 last week until I told them I'd found some cheap steel cased Wolf for 24 cents shipped. I must have spent 20 minutes that evening cleaning the crud out of the gun after only 300 rounds though. Nice to find some under 50 cents again.

I just looked it up - $21.00 a box shipped - works out to a total of 6.4 cents per round. And the limit was actually 3 boxes, not 2, so I got 3 and the wife bought 3.

I was happy to find enough in one place so that I can stop hoarding what I already had and start shooting my 22s again. :)

Whoa, wait a minute. Availability coming back? Price coming down? Not so, not so. THIS is the new normal, get used to it. Pay to play. This is just how it is now, the price will NEVER go back down, don't you know....wait for it...JUST LIKE THE PRICE OF GAS!

(At least that's what they've been telling me now for a couple years) :)

It sounds as if some stores have been seeing a little more .22 lately, though as a working slug, it's most always gone when I inquire. I've stumbled into 2 bricks of 500 Thunderbolt in the past year.

Hearing more and more reports of "we had some last week," I ask what they had when they had it. Usually Thunderbolts (so-so) or Winchester (which in my experience was failure-prone crap, returned to the factory for refunds).

Recently I've been hearing Aguila. I know nothing about the quality of their rimfire products, but I see they make different grades. If I see a 500 brick of their bargain stuff will it be good? So-so? Bad?

I have gone through around 300 rounds of Aguila without remembering any problems.
I did give a bunch of SS to a friend cause it didn't cycle all my guns and he as a suppressor ,but quality was fine

Was at the Johnson Creek Walmart and saw they had Remington bricks a 500/$25 and SuperX 100/$8.
Didn't get any as I don't shoot it much.. anyway
haven't seen 22 there for like forever

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews