JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

"
Maybe I've been lucky, but I've twice found .22 ammo at Sportsman's Warehouse and recently ordered and received a 500-round brick from Cabela's. None of it was at inflated prices, either."

What does anyone else think ?

I was able to get 2 boxes, 50 rnd ea, and talked the sales guy into selling us a 3rd because we bought a gun this past Sunday. When I have last stopped at Bi-Mart and Sportsman's in the past month, I couldn't find any.

Easing, or is the Statesman just hopeful?

I'm seeing .22 and 9 mm getting easier to find and cheaper. I'm guessing that both will come down in price some more over the next few months. I'm convinced that lots of folks have cases of the stuff stashed that they will never shoot.

Last Edited:
I happened to be in Sportsman's in Vancouver a few days ago, and they were just putting out some bricks. I bought a 500rd box of Remington Thunderbolt. It was the bulk packed stuff, and while it cost a little more, I wasn't too worried about it. I bought a few other things too, so I don't remember exactly what it cost, but I think it was about $23. I just got lucky and was there at the right time.

Wow, only 2 years for it to start to come back? That's amazing. I never would have imagined it would have taken so long. Thankfully I've had enough stock that I don't have to buy at panic prices, but I'm really surprised it's taken so long to see a comeback. Though I'm not actively looking for it, I can say that when I have looked, it's still not been easy to find on the shelves. It is easier to find online. And a bonus is that, at least I'm not seeing a bunch of overpriced .22lr being listed for sale any longer - only the odd listing here and there.

This is the time that people really need to stay away from scalpers . Its funny there was a guy in the classifieds selling some .223 . with mags . They were reasonable priced just under retail at $100 and some moron trying to haggle him down in price publicly pointed out that his price was almost retail in other words took a steaming crap on his post . Then he offered to trade him some .22 ammo .....

At $50 a brick . Figures right :confused:

I don't know if any of you caught that but talk about looking like a moron . Next time he may want to keep his discussions private as the OP had instructed him to do.

This is the time that people really need to stay away from scalpers . Its funny there was a guy in the classifieds selling some .223 . with mags . They were reasonable priced just under retail at $100 and some moron trying to haggle him down in price publicly pointed out that his price was almost retail in other words took a steaming crap on his post . Then he offered to trade him some .22 ammo .....

At $50 a brick . Figures right :confused:

I don't know if any of you caught that but talk about looking like a moron . Next time he may want to keep his discussions private as the OP had instructed him to do.

LOL

I bought some .22 from WalMart in Eugene on Friday, then when we were in the store on Sunday, they still had some. The clerk said it was still the same batch as Fridays, and that people weren't snatching it up like they used to.

I'm not a gambler but I'd bet that any excess that is available now will be long gone by the time late spring hits.

Nicer weather will pull a bunch of shooters off the couch and they will start looking for ammo to feed thier .22's.

Prices will go back up and scalpers will start jacking prices up further.

If you plan on shooting .22 this summer or next year at all, I'd keep buying it when you find it at a good price.

Just my two cents.

Immediately after black Friday, I found bulk packs of .22LR in two different stores. Figured the stores put this ammo out to make folks think it will now be available, and maybe these folks just might now buy a new .22 rifle. Guess what? I haven't seen any .22 ammo anywhere, since.:rolleyes:

WAYNO.

Hard right now because of the holiday. I have been getting hit pretty hard with people wanting to get a brick or two for their husband/son/grandson/friend etc...

I imagine availability will temporarily peak in January and February, drop a bit by spring, and then pick back up. But then again, this country is sadly always one tragedy away from it all happening again. As gun owners we've managed to weather the last few mass shootings because of the horrific nature of the Sandy Hook incident, as in others haven't seemed as bad in comparison. We've managed to weather the shock and awe tactics of some of out more outgoing open carry brethren causing some municipalities and retail locations to reconsider policies regarding firearms on their property. But sadly, we're simply one election or tragedy away from doing it to ourselves all over again. I hope and pray that's a long time coming.

Shelves at the local gun shops in Seattle all seem well stocked with .22LR and every other caliber.

Some of the pawn shops and small gun stores are still trying to get $8 for 50 round boxes but it's just collecting dust so they'll come around eventually.

The bigger stores are $15 for 350 rd boxes of federal match and $8 for the 100 rd CCI Mini Mag.

I have not seen much 22, but I have not been looking for it. I have some already. Glad to see it coming back for others. I did find a brick of Wolf Match Target 22lr on line and snatched it up as it is really hard to find and the tack driver likes it. What I am not finding is 357 fmj for my lever gun and revolver. I see the self defense stuff, but not the plinking ammo. Plenty of 9mm, 45 and 40 on the shelves, but not 357.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top