JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
600-i-will-not-lose-hope-by-jeremy-binns.jpg

I've found an odd box here and there...mostly online. If it weren't for some of the shipping specials I wouldn't have any at all.

Best I've found for prices have been between 8-9 cents/round.

I'm glad it's getting "better", a relative term, but I'm still about 0 for 20 outside of the usual deliveries at the local Sportsman's. The last time I purchased any .22 outside of being at a Sportsman's before they opened was about 18 months ago at Bass Pro Shop in California. Actually with all the stores I've been in since then I bet it's more like 0 for 150. I'm pretty sure Santa is more real than "normal" supply of .22.

I still have a few hundred of the Remington that I bought for 7 1/2 cents per round last year. And then about 600 of the Winchester that I bought a few years ago at 3.4 cents. I'm sure there are a few boxes around here somewhere that I bought at 2 cents or less...

The secret is to check around regularly and buy cases of the stuff when you find it so cheap that you can't bring yourself not to buy it. A 5000 round case sounds like a lot but it really doesn't take up much room.

Last Edited:
I agree with the earlier post about avoiding scalpers. I have seen people buy ANY ammo, ANY component or powder, just to be a bubblegum.

Now is the time my brothers and sisters to band together and stick it to em. Let them get stuck with their 22 ammo, powder & components they don't use and the new unfired M4s that they scooped up post Newtown.

I am a huge fan of capitalism and would never begrudge anyone making a profit but I am a bigger fan of the free market. Let us be "the invisible hand" of the free market and just say no to $70 bricks.

Looked online last night and almost sprung on some overpriced .22lr Good to see it available but i'm not paying for .09 cents a round + shipping. I frequently check local bimarts , Fishermans, sportsmans, nw armory,Freddy's you name it on a pretty consistent basis . If you don't know someone who knows someone who knows when the shipment came in, your too late. Calling everyday gets old and usually pisses the clerks off. I flat out just gave up and I am happy with my 4 bricks of gold I already have

Somewhat better, in that there is at least SOME-- at some price or other. Back in 2013 I really figured that by now (by last November 2014, really) we'd have gotten over this. Not so much, as it turns out.

I've had 5,000 rounds of CCI on backorder from Midway USA since January 2014, yes, that's one year ago. So long ago, in fact, that they keep "forgetting" my credit card number... I have had to re-enter it twice so far.

Hmm gotta wonder about how a computer system just "forgets" the customer's CC info, don'tcha?

Cabela's has come through a couple of times with some Norma bricks, which have been a little expensive but very good quality, and have scored a few of the excellent Blazer .22's from them once in awhile, too.

Anymore I just look at my suppressed Ruger .22/45 and don't shoot it, thinking that another Sandy Hook panic may be a headline away.

Never gamble what you can't afford to lose.

I do feel sorry for you guys and hope it gets better soon. I am also glad I bought what I did when I did. I can remember more than one person thinking I was silly for buying half a dozen cases of .22LR at 2-3 cents a round. Now those same guys who thought I was silly want to be shootin buddies:D

Doc I got a brick or two of sub sonic .22LR. In the good ol days I would have offered to meet you at the range and put a brick down range just for the chance to shoot your .22/45 with a can. But these days that would make us both criminals :eek:

I do feel sorry for you guys and hope it gets better soon. I am also glad I bought what I did when I did. I can remember more than one person thinking I was silly for buying half a dozen cases of .22LR at 2-3 cents a round. Now those same guys who thought I was silly want to be shootin buddies:D

Doc I got a brick or two of sub sonic .22LR. In the good ol days I would have offered to meet you at the range and put a brick down range just for the chance to shoot your .22/45 with a can. But these days that would make us both criminals :eek:

I don't think I have any 3 cent .22 left but I do have a few thousand that I got at 3.4 cents. Still shooting the lower quality stuff that I paid more for later. And still suppressing that grin when people go "Where did you find .22LR?!!!!!!"

Still got several Century packs of CCI Stinger and even some precious Rem. Yellarjackets.
Last 22LR in a shop I saw was a guy in a Nevada gun shop walking out with the last brick 18 months ago.

Brutus Out

Last Edited:
Palmetto armory has ok deals on 22lr, and is readily available if your willing to wait for ground shipping.

Your idea of an "OK Deal" and mine are two very different things.;)

I just bought CCI Standard Velocity (2 ea of 500 round bricks) and Federal Auto Match ( 3 ea of 325) from Midway for much less than what Palmetto State is selling theirs.

The ammo is there, you just have to be diligent and check regulary as it sells out quickly.

About a month ago I picked up a few 50 rd boxes for $3 / box or $0.06 / rd at Outdoor Emporium in Seattle (it's a half block south of Safeco Field adjacent to Filsons.

Only 2 box / person / day limit, though. Still, I was surprised to find it on the shelves. It wasn't worth the savings to drive down there but they usually have good prices on ammo in general so I'll pick up a couple of boxes when I go in there on a lunch break to pick up other ammo.

Unlike some here I hadn't been building up any stock piles for these periodic scares so I've been caught low on ammo the last few years. I want to change that but I'm not buying anything in bulk until prices drop more. .22, 9mm, .40, .223, or any other calibers. Prices still seem a bit high but not as bad as they were a year or so ago.

Your idea of an "OK Deal" and mine are two very different things.;)

I just bought CCI Standard Velocity (2 ea of 500 round bricks) and Federal Auto Match ( 3 ea of 325) from Midway for much less than what Palmetto State is selling theirs.

The ammo is there, you just have to be diligent and check regulary as it sells out quickly.
7 cents a round is better than the 15 the guy in the classifieds is asking for the same round. ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top