JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, the new year is soon upon us. Do you have any fun firearms plans for 2020? Could be builds, hunting, getting into a particular shooting discipline, etc.

Personally:

• Like to get back into grouse hunting.
  • Will wrap up what will likely be the last NFA project for the foreseeable future.
  • Like to get involved with competitions in metallic silhouettes and/or bowling pin shoots.
How about you?

I do enjoy your build threads @CountryGent , so hopefully you'll have an itch for one in 2020!

Myself...

I follow the new guns every year. May or may not try to rent one for a while. AKA buy it, scratch the itch, sell it. Shot show has been less pre release this year, so maybe there might be some actual cool things released there vs everyone already knowing about everything.

2020 plans.

Get to Tri County every Sunday, or at least 2-3 times a month.

Maybe try another discipline like rimfire 2 gun.

Heavily considering making at least 1 form 1 silencer.

Heavily considering purchasing a integral for a 10-22.

Finish selling stuff I don't use.

Finish setting up my reloader and reloading stuff.

keep building ARs. hopefully build a form 1 suppressor...or 3.lol. i want to build exactly the same suppressor as the one i already have but this one will be able to be taken completely apart. reload double what i did this year.

2020 is going to be tight budget wise for me. I want my 401K to be fully maxed out for the year by August. I don't know how much longer I will work - might retire by then - at least cut back my hours. Might even get laid off if the economy turns bad.

I have enough guns anyway.

What I don't have enough of is the accoutrements. Scopes/optics/et. al, sights, ammo, etc.

I might finally get around to starting the 80% AR builds I have the parts and tools for if I semi-retire.

Just have to play it by ear.

But I probably won't be buying any more guns for a while unless something unusual pops up

Guns:
Install the three triggers I just received.
Finish two AR builds
Complete the refinish of two walnut stocks
Two Form 1 suppressor builds
Wrap up some load workups. Have had some inconclusive ladder sets, need to do more.
There are about 15K rounds of ammunition waiting to be loaded

Disciplines:
Travel less
Shoot more sporting clays
Start attending 600 yard shooting on Tuesdays
Get into duck hunting

Culling:
Sell a few unused guns
Sell off my 338 Lapua reloading gear and brass

Shoot more black powder
Get back into casting
Resist the urge to build another AR... unless I get a deal on a 45acp lower:cool:

Get into trap/skeet/clays
Get into Practical Pistol shooting

I would like to get a rimfire and 9mm supressor
build a chassis rifle to shoot long range with
Get back into reloading more since I took about a year off from it
Take a real defensive rifle class

Oh and actually get optics for all of my rifles that need optics because about half of them are nude at this point :(

Get a couple of cans out of jail and sbr a couple of things. Might look into a Bren, Stribog, Galil or something different. If a Colt Anaconda pops up in 8" and nickle its mine if I can get the time to actually meet up to purchase it. Resolution for the new year is to work less.

I might need this DWX. Dan Wesson bred a CZ to a 1911. 1576975478536.png

Finish repairing my "work in progress guns," may need to farm some out to a local gunsmith if I can find one with time.

Get out to the range or shooting spots more. I have way too many guns that need to be sighted/broken in and tested to find the right ammo, especially my carry pistols. Also need to concentrate on longer distance shooting, which for me is 200yds to around 400yds and get away from punching holes at 100yds or less. I need to have more fun shooting instead of making it more work.

Get my new reloading bench set up. We are getting close to finishing the room that it will go in. Remodeling seems to take at least 2-3 times longer than it should.

I'm planning a 400 Whelen build. I have a 1903 Springfield coming in next week. The receiver is not drilled and tapped. I plan on a Lyman receiver sight and a griffin and Howe style stock. It will probably take more than a year to finish it.

Finish going over a antique 20 gauge English made muzzleloading shotgun that I got from a member here...
Should make for a fun grouse gun....:D

Getting a .22LR with peep sights , or at least a .22LR rifle with a rear sight , that has a wide notch....damn old eyes....:eek: :D
Andy

I'll just be cruisin' . Lookin' around. Waiting for something old, with wood and steel that smells like well aged linseed oil. When I feel it move, I'll buy it. Yep, that's how I rollll.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads