JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, the new year is soon upon us. Do you have any fun firearms plans for 2020? Could be builds, hunting, getting into a particular shooting discipline, etc.

Personally:

• Like to get back into grouse hunting.
  • Will wrap up what will likely be the last NFA project for the foreseeable future.
  • Like to get involved with competitions in metallic silhouettes and/or bowling pin shoots.
How about you?

Bowling pin shoots are extremely fun and the head to head competition is excellent. I rarely shoot my pistols, but went out with a friend and shot steel yesterday. I had forgotten how much fun it actually is. The company I was with had a lot to do with the "fun" part as well. I generally put a lot of focus on my rifle shooting, but sometimes its good to get back to the roots and do a little shotgun and pistol shooting. My plans are to buy and fix rifles, as I always do. I buy them, fine tune them and use them for a little while and then move on to the next project. I actually just bought another pre 64 model 70 H&H, but in a big bore chambering. I'll be fine tuning that one here shortly, after I get through replacing a part in my Smith and wesson 4506... My buddies say I go beyond perfection in my rifles, and they would like to have just one "perfect" rifle. I won't stop until all of my rifles are shooting sub moa. Some are easier to get there than others...;)

I'm very fortunate.

I'm only 12 miles from my outdoor range - one of the best in the country. Super well maintained, with lots of clean restrooms close by. Modern and upscale, over 50 acres and all kinds of different ranges from rifle to pistol, metal plates rack shooting, to .22 only, skeet, trap, air gun and well you get the idea...plus, self policed. No range police. Zero accidents and it's being improved over quite a number of decades. IDPA, IPSC, on the weekends and other events and instructors available too.

For many years used to shoot in my back yard, but sadly a big subdivision is going in about 1/4 to 1/2 miles from me in the direction I shoot or did... I don't want the contractors and truckers fearing for their lives, so I go to the range now and the big target box I built filled with tons of dirt thinks I don't love it anymore...

Back to shooting plans - My wife lost interest in shooting and one of my shooting plans is to gently try to reinvigorate her lost shooting interest.

My plans are:

1. Shoot .22 Rifle Steel Silhouette on the first Sunday thru April
2. Obtain Johnny Glocks trigger installed into my G34 for IDPA
3. IDPA starting up as soon as the snow clears the LGRPC pistol bays (try to talk them into going back to a hot range... carry is carry and IDPA is supposed to be mimicking carry!!)
4. Install Lone Wolf adjustable trigger I bought for G34 into SR9c to try it out
5. Take firearms camping
6. Get friends to actually go to elk camp this year
7. Renew LGRPC range membership
8. Get a fishing license (oops, that's not firearms related... well, maybe I carry while I'm fishing)
9. Install the Lee Turret Classic that I inherited from my best shooting buddy
10. Reload a bunch of the .38, .45, and .22 bullets that I also inherited along with powder and primers

a big bore lever rifle and a pistol caliber lever rifle. Maybe a rimfire lever rifle. That's about it. A revolver perhaps? Maybe just save this year and not buy a gun a month....

I already implemented a major bigly plan, which was to escape tyranny in Washington (bottom 5% for gun rights, and competing for the worst, and getting terrible in other respects too) to the #2 best gun rights state in the nation, Idaho. Big life move, and career move, and move to liberty and freedom. I've bought some guns and ammo since arriving. Feels good. I keep my eyes out for good deals daily, and there's a plenty. Some tactical, some just interesting and fun.

Looking to buy some property here, ideally with a house, or build on it. I'd like to have acreage with a my own range and training area. I want to skyrocket my trigger time this year. And to that end, I also will be attending more training.

I have a top tier lifetime membership at a major national gun training institute, so I'll be maxing out my training this year as much as I can.

In a related vein, I'm doubling down on fitness this year and have some specific goals written down for diet, exercise, and overall health.

Looking at the last 3 years, politics-wise, with the Dems and media going so hard for Trump, and the treatment of Trump, Kavanaugh, and anyone in Trump's orbit, and the major attack on guns nationally, 2020 is going to be a really bumpy year with politics, gun control, probably the stock market, and all that goes with it.... so buckle up and be ready ladies and gents...

I already implemented a major bigly plan, which was to escape tyranny in Washington (bottom 5% for gun rights, and competing for the worst, and getting terrible in other respects too) to the #2 best gun rights state in the nation, Idaho. Big life move, and career move, and move to liberty and freedom. I've bought some guns and ammo since arriving. Feels good. I keep my eyes out for good deals daily, and there's a plenty. Some tactical, some just interesting and fun.

Looking to buy some property here, ideally with a house, or build on it. I'd like to have acreage with a my own range and training area. I want to skyrocket my trigger time this year. And to that end, I also will be attending more training.

I have a top tier lifetime membership at a major national gun training institute, so I'll be maxing out my training this year as much as I can.

In a related vein, I'm doubling down on fitness this year and have some specific goals written down for diet, exercise, and overall health.

Looking at the last 3 years, politics-wise, with the Dems and media going so hard for Trump, and the treatment of Trump, Kavanaugh, and anyone in Trump's orbit, and the major attack on guns nationally, 2020 is going to be a really bumpy year with politics, gun control, probably the stock market, and all that goes with it.... so buckle up and be ready ladies and gents...

Oh yeah. ABSOLUTELY the best thing I ever did was tell my old boss to stick it up his bunghole, sell the house and beat feet out of Washington and the west coast in general.

Last Edited:
Who can predict what Time and Chance may bring

Exactly! My plans just went out the window when I found this unissued, possibly unfired Polish M44 yesterday. :)

0BB0FC00-1781-4C59-8389-76B9131FC496.jpeg

Anything metric, gone. I'm tired of the word "millimeter" and have lost the desire to have any chambering measured that way.
You know what they say...

There are two kinds of countries: Those who use the metric systems, and those who've put men on the Moon. Oh, and back-to-back World War champs.

:D

Last Edited:
Wife wants the purple Ruger SR22. Me, a couple of 3x9 scopes for the Remington 742s. Gun wise I am happy. My main thing is going to be learn how to reload. Separating brass this evening. Then start reading, learning and asking questions. Have some basic equipment that was given to me as a start.

I have pretty modest goals:

1. Thin the herd a little.

2. SBR my Kalashnikov USA KR9 (this would be my first venture into NFA stuff).

3. Scope my .22 rifle.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top