JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As many have said, I would like to shoot more this coming year. I would also like to upgrade some of my guns with better scopes/red dots and accessories. I probably will mostly stand pat on firearm purchases but if Henry comes out with an all steel lever in 45 colt or 45-70 with a side load gate, I may just have to have one. Happy New Year all.

I'm seriously considering switching to a revolver for EDC. The search for a suitable model begins...
NOW!

Also need to finish my .223 Wylde build. It was started when .223 Wylde was the "latest thing". It appears I may have gotten a bit distracted...
:s0092:

Curious, why switch to a revolver? Thicker and heavier, losing capacity generally, and adding no greater reliability vs. modern semi-autos?

Curious, why switch to a revolver? Thicker and heavier, losing capacity generally, and adding no greater reliability vs. modern semi-autos?
A recent situation. Two, actually, but only one resulted in my gun being drawn... the other just served to further steer me in this direction.

Both are fairly long stories as these things tend to be. The upshot is that both situations were (should shots be fired) going to be at or near contact distance(s) with some possible grappling... and in one instance I was already on my back and almost upside-down on some stairs.

The odd angle of that last deal has gotten me to reconsider a laser as well. The proximity of innocents/occupied dwellings and the nature of the awkward (hip level, prostrate, upward angle, point) shot made for bad odds.

Last Edited:
A precision rifle will be about it. I'll be doing more training than gun buyer or building, other than that I'll keep my eyes open for S&W wheel guns spare parts for existing guns. Lots of mags, lots of ammo

A recent situation. Two, actually, but only one resulted in my gun being drawn... the other just served to further steer me in this direction.

Both are fairly long stories as these things tend to be. The upshot is that both situations were (should shots be fired) going to be at or near contact distance(s) with some possible grappling... and in one instance I was already on my back and almost upside-down on some stairs.

The odd angle of that last deal has gotten me to reconsider a laser as well. The proximity of innocents/occupied dwellings and the nature of the awkward (hip level, prostate, upward angle, point) shot made for bad odds.

There are attachments one can put on a semi-auto that prevents out of battery failures at contact shot range. Or you could get a large light/laser combo that extends past the barrel, also mitigating contact shot out of battery issues.

I hope to keep filling in the gaps in my wants list while working less and getting out in the woods more. I'd like to do more and varied shooting. I'm thinking randomly like a Sage Rat day, a couple Glock Matches, and a few more Happy Can loser buys the hamburger at the local gravel pit days. Then there is bird hunting and an AR-10 build in 220 Swift. I'm one of those guys that when death knocks on my door I'll be pissed because I still got things to do.

Try to get more active in
  • being a Range Officer at local club (in process)
  • see about helping out Kids S.A.F.E. Foundation when doing hands on drills at local club. (@LethalLovebird)
  • More shooting events (steel) and less plinking around
  • Continue to carry every day I'm at school until I graduate in May
  • Maybe SBR one lower or convert my charger to an SBR..
  • Stretch all rifles legs out to minimum 500y and reload accordingly
Looking forward to more time this year, winding down from classes and leaving more structured work as my only event will be nice. Kids are 14+ so they aren't in need of my constant monitoring.

I want to figure out a rack system that eliminates (or at least gives access to) that strange, mysterious, almost other dimensional place of hidden and seldom seen treasures known as "the back of the safe".;)

Well, this won't be very popular here, but I just told my wife a couple days ago that I'm done.

No more guns, ammo, reloading gear or components. I'm done. I have all I need, too much actually. I probably won't be actively selling stuff, but I should. I need a shift in priorities. I've been shifting those priorities for a while now, and need to go further.

Guns, shooting, and reloading have been my thing for a long time, over 30 years. I started my hobby fairly early, and my family a bit later than most. As a young man, I never spent my money on girls, cars, alcohol, electronics and such. I spent it on gun stuff mostly. Now that I have a family to support I need to focus on that and forget about my toys for a few years.

The unethical, sleazy company I work for has given us decreasing compensation for three years in a row now, in the midst of a roaring economy, record profits, and record employment levels. I need to seriously decrease my range and reloading time and find a second job instead. My interest in gun stuff was waning a bit anyhow. There's more to life.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top