JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, I just may get to my first custom gun work. I hope to find a suitable gunsmith to create a bolt rifle switch-barrel system with the current rifles I have by their action lengths. So far Boatman is looking into it, and I sent a PM to @Velzey but no response - must be busy or chilling with family. Good! I am a CZ 550/ 527 guy, so hopefully this does not cause problems.

Any other gunsmiths to look into?

This next year I need to start working up my long range rifle; dial in my hand loads and develop good sight setting data. It's a Howa .308 heavy barrel I bought from a member; topped it with a Leupold 6x target scope I've had for 20 odd years just waiting for the right rifle. A couple of weeks ago I loaded about 80 rounds with 186 grain Nosler BTHP for testing; time to give it a workout at 300 yards to establish a baseline.

I told myself 2019 was going to be the year I bought fewer guns. I ended up averaging 1 a month, so not really super successful. Hopefully 2020 will be more successful in controlling purchases. Also for 2020, I hope to take the guns I already own and get them more dialed in. Been really feeling the 22 bug lately and bought a "know your limits" target. I have a strong preference for peep sights, so a 1/4" target at 50 yards is going to take some serious practice. Other than that, finally get around to selling some unused rifles out of the back of the safe.

However, that stainless, threaded Ruger Mark IV Target does look awfully sexy...

If its a semi-auto rifle other than an M1 Garand, it's gone. Plastic framed pistols, gone. Anything metric, gone. I'm tired of the word "millimeter" and have lost the desire to have any chambering measured that way.

Ehhhh...............dude?

Have a lot of AR lowers, so need to build out at least a couple more. Also still want a 10mm. Originally wanted wanted a PCC in 10. Now that I built my first 9mm AR pistol with a brace I have to have one in 10mm. Wife keeps looking at a MK Competition. She got as far as handling one. I may just have to have one suddenly appear here on my own if she does not finally just say yes :D
May take a couple safe queens to the one shop to sell and just use that cash for it. Then can tell her we really did not buy another gun, just traded for this one :D:D

If the bonus gods smile upon me I will probably pick up a machine gun. Havent decided what yet. My middle son turns 21 this year so its either give him one of my Colts or buy him one. Havent decided which yet. I do need another 9mm silencer . Depends how bad I get slammed on taxes this year. 2019 was lucrative and the government is on the horizon.

I'm pretty much done building AR's but I need more optics.

Get the upper for my M4 and finish the girlfriend's C8. Except the bayonet, which I'm making her buy her own. LOL
@Alexx1401 The reason I say "making her buy her own" is that I was taught gifting a knife wounds a relationship--besides, the Canadians use an expensive overpriced German blade whose primary qualification seems to be "Made Anywhere BUT The USA;" when you add shipping I can buy three Ontario OKC-3S's for the price of ONE Eickhorn B2005 with change to spare.

I do need to finish this .45. and when I mean finish I mean put the absolute smallest size barrel nut on it with no handguard and some sort of red dot.

kjyMyz.jpg

Check that all optics have working batteries and re-familiarize on how they all work.

As in the other day, I went to turn one on and found I had semi-forgotten how it worked...

I might buy a S&W M&P EZ 9mm.

We'll see if as easy to rack as touted.

If it is, I'll buy it.

Oh, and go to the range more often while it's cool, as it's punishingto go in the Texas summer heat.

1 ) Sell off fortyeleven items that are not being used, so some one else might enjoy them.

2 ) Buy / load more ammunition and expend it downrange with the guns that are staying.

3 ) Possibly repeat 1 & 2.

Check that all optics have working batteries and re-familiarize on how they all work.

As in the other day, I went to turn one on and found I had semi-forgotten how it worked...

I might buy a S&W M&P EZ 9mm.

We'll see if as easy to rack as touted.

If it is, I'll buy it.

Oh, and go to the range more often while it's cool, as it's punishingto go in the Texas summer heat.

I just wish I could find some open land to shoot on. I'm a member at one of them there fancy indoor ranges and I cant stand it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top