JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Once again, are you serious? If i haven't made my feelings on this subject clear in this thread you and i can debate via PM.

Lefty.

if you want people to call the cop's when they do see a mwag then you have made your feeling clear.
so every one that oc's should have to deal with the cop's and show their papers, explain where they are going when they go out. Thank you for defending our rights

THIS ^^^^ is why the people want to ban guns. They are being trained that guns = evil = call 911 .

We should call 911 every time we see someone with guns?

At the range?
At the gun show?
Police on the street?

Every time?

^^ +1 !!

Well said and exactly true. If you see one, call!!! They should just call it what it is, Stasi recruitment. Help out, narc on your neighbor - he might be an evil doer.

Come on, yes, the general populace are nothing more then drooling drones (stand in the parking lot of Rite Aid on SE 181st/Rockwood and observe as evidence of that LOL) but even the dumbest turd should be able to tell a threat from 'normal' activity.

A guy wear a Glock on his belt at the hardware store vs someone walking into a church with an Uzi. But no. Since they want the sheep to believe all guns are bad, call all the time!

This is why I like discreet gun bags and loading/unloading before going to the range IN MY GARAGE vs in front of my house. Some reject could call the police on me for loading up for the range. Geezus - the longer I live the less patience I have for stupid people.
I like animals more and more. I used to hate cats. Now I even like those - why? - because cat, squirrel, whatever are smarter and easier to get along with than most idiots.

Remember, without useful idiots, the sheep, whatever you want to call them - your enslavement and control would be impossible. There simply is not even controllers, sheep dogs to control the flock so it is the ignorant/fearful sheep that accomplish the goal for your Oligarch masters. (off soap box).

Narcs and tattletales = human vomit.

I can see the good and bad sides to this OC of AR's in downtown portland. However, in the end I believe it does more harm than good. After recent events, I am sure plenty of sheep were scared. Others were pissed and vowed to fight harder against 2A rights. Cops had to respond whether they wanted to or not (can you imagine if they got calls, did not respond, and there was a shooting?).

If they want to do this how about calling the cops first and telling them what you are doing and when and where? Perhaps even let the media know ahead of time so they can follow along if they want. At least some of the edge would be taken off.

Doing what the did without a planned and well executed PR opportunity was a fail.

Here "Steve" had a boob tube camera on him and had a chance to make valid points and quell the ignorance, but like every OC person interviewed, "this is my right."

Ok, that's nice, but ... come on ... educate.

Doing what the did without a planned and well executed PR opportunity was a fail.

Here "Steve" had a boob tube camera on him and had a chance to make valid points and quell the ignorance, but like every OC person interviewed, "this is my right."

Ok, that's nice, but ... come on ... educate.

MOst of the guys that do this is ego driven and not success. The culture of 15 min of fame Results are irrelavant.

MOst of the guys that do this is ego driven and not success. The culture of 15 min of fame Results are irrelevant.

Interesting to look at it like that. If you see what this guy writes and does it is all ego based; he's getting revenge for a previous moment of feeling bullied by cops and trying to get his minute of fame. Does that mentality sound familiar?

If someone were wandering outside a school with a semi-automatic rifle looking to get into verbal confrontations with law enforcement for pure sport I'd advocate that he/she gets a psychiatric evaluation. Am I freaking out about guns around schools? No. I'd gladly have someone walk around the school with an AR15(or UZI, FAL, AK, why discriminate?) who had fewer run ins with the law, evidence of moral character, and a modicum of training with said weapon.

Who said anything about a school?
I did. I stated above, based on the 911 calls, he walked right by the day care in Sellwood, which means at some point he was headed towards the day care, and was within a few blocks of a middle-school. Is that a crime? No. Does someone have and should he/she have the right to do so. Yes. Is that a smart thing to do right now? It depends on how you do it. Perceived safety is subjective can be much different from the objective situation. The difference between murder and self-defense is argued on perception.

It 's so interesting to me to be associating with conservatives around this issue of defending A2. As a progressive,I always imagine that conservatives have tremendous 'message disciple' going. But here it's like a being with a bunch of right wing hippies demanding the right to 'do my own thing, man.' Hey man, I wanna open carry my AR in Sellwood, don't be such a buzz-kill. And of course, everyone has the 'right to express themselves' - want to form a militia? - cool. Parade around in Salem wearing camos? - it's my thing, man. I'm exercising my rights, dude.

The ONLY thing we should be doing is studying the legislative map for swing districts, identifying smart responsible adults to go chat with these legislators to lay out our issues in the most mainstream way possible, and by that, remind them that they won their last election by a few hundred votes. End of f-ing story. If you want to do anything more creative, take another bong hit.

All I know is that I have now seen these guys on the cover of the Oregonian and read about Politicians using them as examples of why laws are too loose and misused.

The more I think about it the more I feel like they are morons for their horrible timing and such. On a douchbag scale of 1-10, i give a modest 9.99!
All they did was to feed the fire!

It 's so interesting to me to be associating with conservatives around this issue of defending A2. As a progressive,I always imagine that conservatives have tremendous 'message disciple' going. But here it's like a being with a bunch of right wing hippies demanding the right to 'do my own thing, man.' Hey man, I wanna open carry my AR in Sellwood, don't be such a buzz-kill. And of course, everyone has the 'right to express themselves' - want to form a militia? - cool. Parade around in Salem wearing camos? - it's my thing, man. I'm exercising my rights, dude.

The ONLY thing we should be doing is studying the legislative map for swing districts, identifying smart responsible adults to go chat with these legislators to lay out our issues in the most mainstream way possible, and by that, remind them that they won their last election by a few hundred votes. End of f-ing story. If you want to do anything more creative, take another bong hit.

The thing is Mike that the normal public is so disfranchised by the Political Parties anymore it's staggering. Basically whenever an issue comes up the Democrats take one side and the Republicans take the other. The vast majority of the population falls in the middle but, the party leaderships are so extreme now they've ousted all the moderate members of both parties. So you have two camps of extremists that used to be quelled by the moderates, now it's ONLY the extremists. We really need to vote these people out of office to get anywhere, on BOTH sides.

The thing is Mike that the normal public is so disfranchised by the Political Parties anymore it's staggering. Basically whenever an issue comes up the Democrats take one side and the Republicans take the other. The vast majority of the population falls in the middle but, the party leaderships are so extreme now they've ousted all the moderate members of both parties. So you have two camps of extremists that used to be quelled by the moderates, now it's ONLY the extremists. We really need to vote these people out of office to get anywhere, on BOTH sides.

We used to have seperation of 3 branchs of gov also ooooooooo wait were talking about the same thing?

While I agree with you generally, political battles are won or lost by vote counting, a slow slog where you identify the swing legislators and figure out what will move them. The Democratic Party (my party, more or less) just regained a majority in the Oregon House. They did this by winning back districts that swing between D and R. If we show strength in those districts, and then let the urban leadership know what's at stake, we could create leverage.

There is no guarantee that anyone doing there 15 min of fame is even pro gun. It could be an anti gun making the public think they are pro gun as a very bad message against pro gun. It happens all the time in the political world. Beside I don't know any conservatives that are hippies and use the word "dude" in everyday conversation But then thats just me.

For God sake, this is the kind of stunt that irritates me with some in the OC crowd. There is a time and place for everything. Carrying an AR or any "Assault Rifle" in public, at this point in time, just because you can is just asinine. People are on edge right now given the senseless murders carried out recently by cowards with AR-15's and other firearms. I'm sure not one person that is anti-gun had the urge to approach them and ask questions.

I would also like to add, when 911 gets flooded with calls about a man with a gun, people with real emergencies will have to wait as the dispatcher and the first responders are tied up dealing with the current non-emergence calls.

Lefty.

Lefty I couldn't agree with you more.

While I agree with you generally, political battles are won or lost by vote counting, a slow slog where you identify the swing legislators and figure out what will move them. The Democratic Party (my party, more or less) just regained a majority in the Oregon House. They did this by winning back districts that swing between D and R. If we show strength in those districts, and then let the urban leadership know what's at stake, we could create leverage.

Mike the problem though is that the Party wins a majority and then it feels it must pass all of the legislation it possibly can that would punish the other party. Then they lose the majority in the next election and the cycle repeats. It's not about making sensible decisions anymore, it's about who gets to be in charge and punishing the other people who disagree with you.

There is NO We the People from either party anymore They are all in self preservation mode in the government. But I believe an event by the people that will change the tide. Americans do not sit by most of the time.

Mike the problem though is that the Party wins a majority and then it feels it must pass all of the legislation it possibly can that would punish the other party. Then they lose the majority in the next election and the cycle repeats. It's not about making sensible decisions anymore, it's about who gets to be in charge and punishing the other people who disagree with you.

Very true. But but a coalition of engaged citizens can put the fear into elected officials. Ralph Nader showed this years ago. The Christian Coalition showed this in the 1990's. The tactics are the same, whatever the issue. The Democratic caucus is much less uniform-lock step than the Republicans at this point. They are ideologically more diverse, and remember being in the wilderness (defeat). It would be up to a pro-gun coalition to point to the electoral coast of going with an AWB, while providing a pro-safety alternative. The toughest problem would be us agreeing amongst ourselves what that pro-safety alternative would be. That and actually doing the leg work.

It looks like Oregon will join the other anti-2A states if the new major has anything to say about it tomorrow morning.

Another with other morons, like Sen Mark Hass. This guy sounds like just another raging idiot -- "hunters don't need 60 rounds per second." Geezus. How ignorant.

<broken link removed>

It looks like Oregon will join the other anti-2A states if the new major has anything to say about it tomorrow morning.

Another with other morons, like Sen Mark Hass. This guy sounds like just another raging idiot -- "hunters don't need 60 rounds per second." Geezus. How ignorant.

<broken link removed>

Yeppie, I can hardly wait to see what he comes up with. I am sorry to say I don't think Oregonians will do the right thing. The sheep will do as they are told.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews