JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good for them

I don't know. Is it educating the masses? What message is it sending? I think if we're honest, the message that you send by walking the streets open carrying an AR15 is that gun owners are nuts. Not the message I want to be sending.

I understand what they are trying to do, but I don't think those guys are helping at this point. Perhaps, they are making non-gun owners more uncomfortable.

Should have used different approach. Tell them to show up at State Capitols on 19th. ;)

I think I've seen the guy they interviewed before....or heard him anyhow. If it's the same guy he has done 2A protests in Medford, then videotaped the arguments over unlawful search and seizure and the like...Prolly not the guy we want as our voice in the media.

If you start an image campaign in Portland with bro redneck wearing a camouflage balaclava, you're gonna have a bad time. girls-carrying-guns-israel-jew-01.jpg VS. rednecks-with-guns.jpg

I'll be happy to head the campaign up but admittedly I need to work on my midriff a little.

girls-carrying-guns-israel-jew-01.jpg

rednecks-with-guns.jpg

Unfortunately, the officers didn't say that it's illegal to open carry in Portland with a loaded firearm without a concealed pistol license, just in case of any of you gun nuts get any ideas :p

illegal to open carry without a conceal carry license, maybe the law but why have a conceal carry to openly carry??????????

Fails the logic test........... But then again I do not expect any law in a major city to pass the logic test

Oregons firearms laws allow localities to restrict the unlicensed carrying of firearms, both open and concealed. The state law, however, does pre-empt local law IF the carrying individual has a concealed handgun license from Oregon. With a concealed handgun license the licensee can carry in MOST public places, open or concealed, whether the locality has banned it or not.

For God sake, this is the kind of stunt that irritates me with some in the OC crowd. There is a time and place for everything. Carrying an AR or any "Assault Rifle" in public, at this point in time, just because you can is just asinine. People are on edge right now given the senseless murders carried out recently by cowards with AR-15's and other firearms. I'm sure not one person that is anti-gun had the urge to approach them and ask questions.

I would also like to add, when 911 gets flooded with calls about a man with a gun, people with real emergencies will have to wait as the dispatcher and the first responders are tied up dealing with the current non-emergence calls.

Lefty.

what a difference appearance makes.... that young lady in the pic above... mmm.

i had my marlin 45/70 slung over my shoulder the other day, standing in the street, talking to a neighbor. nobody so much as gave a second look, other than the guy down the street ask what it was chambered in because he's looking for a .44.
willing to bet if it were evil and black... hell, even my black poly stocked .22 bolt action... someone would have freaked out. seems that walnut and blue calms folks. :)

I don't know. Is it educating the masses? What message is it sending? I think if we're honest, the message that you send by walking the streets open carrying an AR15 is that gun owners are nuts. Not the message I want to be sending.

I understand what they are trying to do, but I don't think those guys are helping at this point. Perhaps, they are making non-gun owners more uncomfortable.

Should have used different approach. Tell them to show up at State Capitols on 19th. ;)

My feelings exactly. AR-15s are *NOT* the weapon to be doing this with right now. Openly-carried revolver, old-school wood-stock bolt action rifle (without scope so you're not accused of being a sniper,) anything available via the CMP, but not something that is controversial right now. Because you'll just get paranoid anti-gunners calling the cops on you. Nobody will walk up to you and ask what you're doing politely (unless they're someone that would be on this board,) when you carry an AR.

Personally, I just dislike that the Portland Police apparently made the statement that Portlanders should call 911 *ANY* time they see someone walking around openly carrying a gun. :-( I wish Chief Reese's kids were still young enough to attend the same school as my kid, I'd give him an earful. (Every time I talked to him in the past, he was always great, even when I was complaining about the Portland Police Bureau.)

I think I've seen the guy they interviewed before....or heard him anyhow. If it's the same guy he has done 2A protests in Medford, then videotaped the arguments over unlawful search and seizure and the like...Prolly not the guy we want as our voice in the media.

If you don't like it be YOUR OWN representative then.

Make sure to print out pamphlets or cards for people to read about Oregon Laws, crime statistics, and also average police response time after you dial 911 for a home intruder. Whether or not this is the "right" time isn't up for debate. "Why?" Some may ask.
Here's why:
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I don't like commie-pinkos, but I'm not up in arms about removing the 1st Amendment.

Oregons firearms laws allow localities to restrict the unlicensed carrying of firearms, both open and concealed. The state law, however, does pre-empt local law IF the carrying individual has a concealed handgun license from Oregon. With a concealed handgun license the licensee can carry in MOST public places, open or concealed, whether the locality has banned it or not.

Not quite right. ORS 166.173 allows local governments to regulate LOADED carry of a firearm unless they have a license to carry a concealed weapon. If you have a license to carry a concealed weapon, you may carry a loaded gun openly...if you have an Oregon issued CHL you can carry a loaded gun openly or concealed and local government cannot prohibit. Read the law.

I am. Every single day. I retired from the US Army, I was injured in combat, I still like firearms and fully support our Constitution. I am well educated and am currently continuing that education. I am enrolled in a liberal arts college currently so you could imagine that I am likely one of the only people in that school carrying.

You know what I did in my first class of the term today? I started a dialogue with these kids as to why upholding our second amendment is so important. I also explained the difference between an assault rifle and a modern sporting rifle, and why it is not okay just to put names on things just to press views through fear.

I'm not a terribly nice person, that comes with old age and combat, I am very passionate about keeping our rights intact, but I know that I would not be the best representative in front of a camera, so I make sure that I don't do that.

Go look up the definition for tact and then come back and talk to us.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top