JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wish "Steve" was more articulate and explained the whole assault weapon BS. One of them could carry a semi auto wood rifle, the other an AR-15 with all the tactical window dressing. Then the 22-yr old (Steve) could nicely explain to the reporter than they are essentially the same rifles in terms of functionality.

That an ASSAULT rifle is a fully automatic weapon. But no, forget educating. Just 'I am doing this because this is my right." A chance to educate wasted. All they accomplished is scaring the neighborhood sheep.

We don't constantly challenge the word play that TPTB constantly use to get what they want. So, we normally lose because word play is their game and they are very good at it.

Burt, if you have a .223 bolt I'd be willing to walk around OC with you with my XCR. I was a Marine and a firearms instructor and in early have a bachelor's in political science (I'm not completely retarded)..

I wish "Steve" was more articulate and explained the whole assault weapon BS. One of them could carry a semi auto wood rifle, the other an AR-15 with all the tactical window dressing. Then the 22-yr old (Steve) could nicely explain to the reporter than they are essentially the same rifles in terms of functionality.[tQUOTE] See now that would be a great idea.

Nice, those guys got balls of steel, surprised the cops werent crazy with them considering what happened at clackamas.

Cool as it may seem, I think this kind of stunt will lead to no carry gun laws in Portland by the mayor...

Portland already has a no carry law, you can't carry a loaded weapon in Portland without a concealed pistol license.

I agree, walking around town armed with the nasty black rifles and pistols will do nothing but hurt our image. I would be suspicious of two armed men walking around portland, hard to imagine how the sheep felt.

Why would you be suspicious? Because you have bought into the Brady line? CRIMINALS DO NOT OPENLY CARRY THIER WEAPONS... they conceal them until it time to use them, as you conceal carry guys like to say..."I want the element of surprise".

The FBI did a study some years back...and their conclusion was..1: people with criminal intent do not openly carry their weapons...and 2: people with criminal intent do not normally use holsters. (in case they have to ditch the weapon, the holster could raise questions)

We need to show the populus that the weapon is not a danger, and hiding does not do that. The person that stated one should have had a normal wood stocked semi-auto..let's say a 10-22, and the other guy should have had exactly the same weapon, but with a black plastic stock and all of the goodies...I will go with that idea. It would make a great educational illustration.

Portland already has a no carry law, you can't carry a loaded weapon in Portland without a concealed pistol license.

Portland has an ORS 166.173 no LOADED carry without a license to conceal. It is not a "no carry" law. That is NOT permitted by ORS 166.173.

Local OR governments are very restricted on what they can and cannot do. WA local governments are even more restricted

Burt, if you have a .223 bolt I'd be willing to walk around OC with you with my XCR. I was a Marine and a firearms instructor and in early have a bachelor's in political science (I'm not completely retarded)..

Give me a time and place, with small time constraints from work and school, and I'll come out with my remington 700 in .223.

That happened in the neighborhood where I grew up. Over the years it has turned in a conclave of far left Bolshevik pig elitists, and hearing that some of the shop keepers soiled theselves and ran into a back room to hide from these guys brought a smile to my face. It was the ultimate troll. THey knew where to make the biggest point with their rifles. Its about time a gun-bigot rat pig liberal saw a gun that wasnt on tv killing people. It was probably the safest that neighborhood has ever been.

Mine does...

Pics now.......

Even though some of your comments on the AR walking in OC are common sense and logical at the end of the day no matter what Pro Gun guys do the libs and antis will demonize them and spin them out of context. If you think that doing all proper and articulate will make any difference to the media it will never happen. If we didn't have the 51% low info voters then I would say America can see though the media bias but that would be just as delusional

THIS ^^^^ is why the people want to ban guns. They are being trained that guns = evil = call 911 .

We should call 911 every time we see someone with guns?

At the range?
At the gun show?
Police on the street?

Every time?

One of us should take that recommendation to its natural conclusion. Call the cops EXACTLY in those situations, and waste their time. maybe they will learn to change their narrative.

I was thinking along the lines of calling the cops on the cops. Call 911, "he's got a gun! Male, black shirt, black pants, body armor, handcuffs.". Sounds like a description of those two bankrobbers from Los angeles(?) like ten years ago now.

One of us should take that recommendation to its natural conclusion. Call the cops EXACTLY in those situations, and waste their time. maybe they will learn to change their narrative.

I like the idea of panicked "man with a gun" 911 calls, giving them an address, and having units respond to the shooting range.

Or calling cops on other cops: "I have to talk quietly, I'm hiding in the bathroom of Dunkin Donuts, and there's an armed man outside... He looks like he's wearing body armor and he's got a semi-automatic assault-style handgun and... I think... yes, it's a high-capacity magazine too, Oh my GOD!"

<broken link removed>

Just saw this on KATU. If you scroll down, you can play the 911 calls. The last one is the best...dispatcher says, "right to bear arms UNFORTUNATELY." Wow.

Edit: Just found the other post on this, sorry.

<broken link removed>

Just saw this on KATU. If you scroll down, you can play the 911 calls. The last one is the best...dispatcher says, "right to bear arms UNFORTUNATELY." Wow.

Edit: Just found the other post on this, sorry.

Actually, I like this report better. After the 911 operators were swamped, they started tell the people that called the truth...what these two guys were doing was perfectly legal...that is what the people that call this stuff in need to hear.

I'm not sure if this helps or hurts the cause. The reaction is likely to make it illegal to 'brandish' a weapon ever.

First, there is no "brandishing" in OR< WA< or ID law. Secondly, In WA Law (RCW 9.41.270(1) it has to be your "INTENT" to put someone in fear, and generally means you need to threaten them first. That someone is afraid of a firearm (or anything else) does not matter....many people have many fears, some are rational, some are irrational (like the fear of spiders, or the fear of water) I cannot control another personas phobias, but I can control my own actions. My openly carrying a firearm is a legal activity, if it puts someone else in fear, then that someone needs to deal with that fear, I do not need to stop my legal activity.

A lot of the fear of firearms comes from unfamiliarity. How many people are afraid a uniformed LEO with an openly carried weapon? What a lot of people do not know, is it is perfectly legal for Joe Citizen to do too...and they need to be educated.

illegal to open carry without a conceal carry license, maybe the law but why have a conceal carry to openly carry??????????

Fails the logic test........... But then again I do not expect any law in a major city to pass the logic test

Not really. OR has a law (ORS 166.173) that allows local governments to restrict LOADED carry. Not "carry" Oregon law also says, if the person has a license to carry a concealed weapon any reststriction does not apply. and if you have an OR CHL, state law is the ONLY law you need concern yourself with.

Unlicensed OC is perfectly legal in OR. You can carry loaded, openly, anywhere except in local governent areas that have enacted a restriction per ORS 166.173, without any license, except in "public buildings" (as defined in ORS 166.360-380)

Local givernments that have taken advantage of .173 are few, and are all larger cities like Portland, Salem, Beverton, Tigard...and a few others/

Yes, loaded Open Carry or Concealed Carry is legal everywhere in OR it is legal to carry, if you have an OR CHL.

Kind of my whole point. Given the current environment, the legislature may very well decide to put an end to this kind of thing. Just because it's legal doesn't really make it a good thing to do.

Hey, I once walked into a bank wearing a revolver in a western holster on my hip. Wasn't anything wrong with it at the time, but now it's illegal pretty much everywhere. Me and my mom couldn't figure out why everyone was eyballin us weird in the bank.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top