JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it was drug related I don't know why the sheriff's office can't just come out and say that. It's not like "oh no! now the investigation is compromised because someone might think it's related to drugs".

If it was drug related I don't know why the sheriff's office can't just come out and say that. It's not like "oh no! now the investigation is compromised because someone might think it's related to drugs".

Yeah, I don't know. I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, but I can imagine. Maybe the investigation is ongoing for whatever reason.

I rarely go to the woods these days. Last time I went was last week and there were six of us. Five were my security coworkers and one deputy sheriff. I always have a loaded firearm on me with a couple of extra mags when I'm out in the woods.

Now days I too go to a range. I'm a city boy lol and as much as I love nature, I rather be in a "conteolled" environment as far as target practice with my guns go.

I rarely go to the woods these days. Last time I went was last week and there were six of us. Five were my security coworkers and one deputy sheriff. I always have a loaded firearm on me with a couple of extra mags when I'm out in the woods.

Now days I too go to a range. I'm a city boy lol and as much as I love nature, I rather be in a "conteolled" environment as far as target practice with my guns go.

I feel much safer in the woods than I would on the streets of Beaverton, NE Portland, SE Portland....downtown, etc. Pretty much safer out there with my carry gun than anywhere in with the general public. Even withOUT a gun. You have a gun and shoot a miscreant that has attacked you you likely to go to jail in any one of these communities around PDX. Yeah, I'll take the woods.

I feel much safer in the woods than I would on the streets of Beaverton, NE Portland, SE Portland....downtown, etc. Pretty much safer out there with my carry gun than anywhere in with the general public. Even withOUT a gun. You have a gun and shoot a miscreant that has attacked you you likely to go to jail in any one of these communities around PDX. Yeah, I'll take the woods.
I agree. A lot of guys don't know what they are missing. When I was recently elk hunting in the woods, I sat there leaning up against a tree, thinking to myself, "now this is the life". I love being out in the woods... I like to soak in all that nature, myself. Especially when I am hunting and have a rifle in hand... Now, what bothers me about this incident, is the lack of information they are giving us. It would be nice to find out what really happened. Like I said, I go to that area when I'm deer hunting with a western oregon deer tag. I don't want to be hunting out there and be worried about looking over my shoulder the whole time. I've also shot at that pit on rare occasions as well...

Last Edited:
I live in the woods.

czNFMzJ40srb9SeugOW8BEgWmUc&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Very little crime out here, most of it is city folks dumping their trash because they are too cheap and lazy to take it to the dump.

Yes there are bears and cougars, but for the most part they don't bother you if you don't bother them.

I agree. A lot of guys don't know what they are missing. When I was recently elk hunting in the woods, I sat there leaning up against a tree, thinking to myself, "now this is the life". I love being out in the woods... I like to soak in all that nature, myself. Especially when I am hunting and have a rifle in hand... Now, what bothers me about this incident, is the lack of information they are giving us. It would be nice to find out what really happened. Like I said, I go to that area when I'm deer hunting with a western oregon deer tag. I don't want to be hunting out there and be worried about looking over my shoulder the whole time. I've also shot at that pit on rare occasions as well...

I know the feeling...Just Wednesday Wifey and I were hunting in the Tillamook...Mushrooms! :D A place we found about 8 years ago. And others from 20 or more years ago. It's interesting seeing a cedar stump, that same stump, as it slowly decomposes and gets smaller over the years. It still has Chanterelles near it though.

They need to keep the facts close to their chest to sort out BS when it's presented to them. And I'm sure they here a lot of it.

They need to keep the facts close to their chest to sort out BS when it's presented to them. And I'm sure they here a lot of it.

Yes, if this thread is any example of what they deal with I'm sure there's a lot of speculation.

We have no idea if they are even actively working on this case.
Zero updates since August.
Hence the speculation by the villagers.

Kind of creepy - I've been up to that very shooting pit a few times, it's a good spot, remote and there's one narrow road in and out - you can see anyone coming pretty readily if you're paying attention. It's so damn out there (compared to the more popular spots) that the likelihood of running into other people is pretty remote. I am thinking that someone knew they were going to be there, maybe even someone who was with them, did them in, took what they wanted and left. While it's possible that this was an act of stranger on stranger violence - I think they stood a better chance of being raped by Sasquatch out there than falling victim to a homicidal stranger. I could be wrong, but that's miles away from the spots frequented by the locals, and the "road" up there, at least the last few times I was there, was heavily over grown, and more of a tunnel through the woods at some points.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads