JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just because I don't understand all the details does not mean I didn't vote against it.

I have no trouble with that. What floors me is the ones who not only did not know anything about it, they did not bother to vote. Then they are of course angry when they find out about the new law but, never angry at themselves. Its all someone else who "allowed" this to happen.

I know a number of gun owners and at least one N.R.A Life Member that voted for 1639. There are a lot of people that don't see a problem because it "only" affects semi-autos and their safe is full of bolt actions. A lot of people are willing to let their rights slip away because they don't see any immediate impact on their personal situation. And then there are the ones that couldn't be bothered to vote at all, because such a "crazy thing" couldn't possibly pass! All you have to do is travel to Seattle or Portland and witness the situation on the streets to understand how much lunacy exists in the major population centers of the west coast. Standby OR, your time is coming. When the Republican House members had to leave the state pursued by the State Police to prevent the Cap and Trade bill from coming to a vote it signaled how bad things are down there!

And that's how we arrived here:(
Your observations are indeed fact. I have worked on the political side of supporting and protecting the second for over 35 years. I no longer get disappointed with complacencies. I go to work knowing that 80% or more of the people who claim to support the second won't take the time to email or even call someone and voice their support or anger. I have actually firm I was working for at the timehad people say to me " that's why I joined the NRA or the second amendment foundation, it's their job to fight for my rights" or " I voted for the Republican so he or she would protect my rights". The first time a person said that to me, the guy ended up backing his way out of the clubhouse at the point of my finger while I explained what a dumbass red neck he was. The PR firm I was working for at the time, was just a little unhappy with me. At the time I didn't care. I was so angry that people were so lazy they would place the responsibility on someone other than themself. Yes there are organizations that can and do advocate for you but, that doesn't mean the job is done. 8 or 10 people calling their congressman or woman doesn't get much attention. 300 people calling on the same day from the same county or city gets attention. My response to complacency today is. If you don't care, don't make the call. If you care then do your part and make the call. Educate yourself on the legislation. Don't be lazy

When I took my kids to the anti-594 rally at Westlake, I was appalled at the low attendance. There were maybe a hundred people. I knew then we were screwed, and the steamroller just keeps coming.

Ya cause its working out so well for us all............. :rolleyes:
I disagree, the states are not managing the government. They argue and squabble and yet the government becomes
more powerful. If there was one state only, then we would control it as one people. This 50 states is great but also
horribly ineffective in it current form.
So how many would not love to kick California out of the US? all of us. Why? Because it fails as a state, and Oregon, WA, NY and a dozen more are removing rights that are protected. So I don't buy that it works.
Things are not working because they are purposely making a mess out of things. Ca is under the same
constitution and should have to abide by it, just like all the states. When they do end arounds it's going to be a mess.

What happened to the massive outcry that rejected Bill Gates's gun-grab I-676? They can't all be dead or moved-away...
They're all dead or moved away. Or grew up in a school system skewed to make SJWs.

That was the '90's. Didn't I-676 lose by 20%? It was a different state back then. Washington was always known as a loose screwball (remember Soviet of Washington?), but it had a weird populist balance between the wet and dry sides. You could have Democrat ranchers and farmers that would vote against an anti-gun initiative. Not anymore. Hipster Nirvana Seattle has attracted/raised too many people that want more government and less freedom.

Things are not working because they are purposely making a mess out of things. Ca is under the same
constitution and should have to abide by it, just like all the states. When they do end arounds it's going to be a mess.

ALL laws, and even Constitutions mean nothing other than what some judge tells you they mean. A judge can tell you no matter what you see, that it does not mean that. Unless voters decide to stop putting in law makers who put these kind of people on the bench, things only get worse. We have no "rights", we have what some judge tells us we have. So far voters are all in on this.

To all of you telling me how stupid and uncaring I am -

Might you care to mention WHAT IS 1639?

Stupid new gun law that went in here. Was put on the ballot and won. A HUGE portion of the gun owners either never even heard of it, or just chose not to bother to vote. Now that its law here a lot of gun owners are suddenly hearing about it when they go to buy. Most will of course be angry and blame everyone but themselves.

This Stupid, Uncaring & Complacent guy would like to know why you all keep this thing such a deep, dark secret - "Stupid new gun law that went in here" Fool that I am I still do not know - WHERE IS HERE??????????

A lot of this comes down to sex, specifically procreation. The more children who are born to moral responsible parents and grow up to vote for American values the better. If we as patriotic Americans eventually die off and no upstanding offspring replace our votes then the high birth rate groups will vote for Democrats who they historically favor. Remember that judges are voted for indirectly because they are appointed by elected politicians.

Quite frankly I was appalled at how little press 1639 got. I think a lot of people don't read anymore and personally, I didn't see much of an uproar about what was coming. Down here in Lewis County, I think most people thought it was a done deal when the first lawsuit about petitions not being valid was decided. MSM did their best to keep it a stealth recovery.

Good luck Gentlemen -
Representative Matt Shea (R-Spokane) sponsored House Bill 2103, a measure to "be known and cited as the people's defense of the Second Amendment act of 2019." A dozen representatives co-sponsored the bill, including two Democrats.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top