JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good luck Gentlemen -
Representative Matt Shea (R-Spokane) sponsored House Bill 2103, a measure to "be known and cited as the people's defense of the Second Amendment act of 2019." A dozen representatives co-sponsored the bill, including two Democrats.

Lots of good changes, and some head scratchers (stripping permanent residents of their firearm rights?). Unfortunately Matt Shea is considered a crazy white supremacists by most of the legislature, so we'll see how far this makes it. Plus Jay the Idiot is unlikely to sign it.

Lots of good changes, and some head scratchers (stripping permanent residents of their firearm rights?). Unfortunately Matt Shea is considered a crazy white supremacists by most of the legislature, so we'll see how far this makes it. Plus Jay the Idiot is unlikely to sign it.
ISTR courts have ruled LPR's to have the same 2A rights as citizens, so that part could be a problem.

Lemme amend that with a few words, "If you are a WA voter and didn't help TRY TO stop this..." I assumed you guys in OR would realize I'm not talking about you since this was a North of The River fight. :)

We get it and we feel bad for you Washington guys. About all you have left is trying to eject those politicos from office that rammed this stuff through. Here in Oregon we are facing some of the same lefty pols who would relieve us of our firearms. So far we have been able to keep them at bay, but it might be only a matter of time.

We get it and we feel bad for you Washington guys. About all you have left is trying to eject those politicos from office that rammed this stuff through. Here in Oregon we are facing some of the same lefty pols who would relieve us of our firearms. So far we have been able to keep them at bay, but it might be only a matter of time.
Sadly, I think our tumors and yours share their techniques of metastasization. :(

I agree "I told you so" doesn't work, even if they were asleep or couldn't be bothered. There is a large portion of people now awake. Instead of poking the bear and alienating these people, we need to invite all people/voters to help get these laws repealed.

CaptJack

So you're saying, in effect, that we don't want anyone's help? How did that work out last time?

Perhaps we should welcome everyone to our side, from those who have ALWAYS fought in their own way for the 2A, to those who have just belatedly realized what they allowed to happen and want to join the fight to restore our 2A rights.

It's a big fight. We need everyone.

I agree "I told you so" doesn't work, even if they were asleep or couldn't be bothered. There is a large portion of people now awake. Instead of poking the bear and alienating these people, we need to invite all people/voters to help get these laws repealed.

CaptJack

I have zero problems with gun owners who "wake up" and admit they need to start voting. The only ones I still have a problem with are the ones who drag out the excuse book every election. The "we are so outnumbered there is no hope" and the "I am just way to moral and virtuous to vote for someone who is only marginally better, so I throw my vote away".
Both of these groups of gun owners are why we have this mess.

How about the way this new generation liberals and democrats can change the rules get away with changing many laws at once instead of individual laws, they now group many into a single initiative. Why are we letting them do this.

Sadly this is like all laws. What they mean one day, has zero to do with what they mean the next. All it takes is a judge who says it now means this.................After that if some don't like it they have to pay to find another judge further up the line. Again this comes down to voting. Judges don't get into office by magic. They are put there by the people who the voters put in. It's why even if we can get a lot of gun owners to wake up and vote, we will need to hope they stay "woke" for a long while. Would take multiple elections to make a real difference. It can be done, and I keep hoping, even though it seems the voters have no end of what they are willing to go along with so far.

And yes definitions change by the hour now too. Even if you fully understand a definition today, does mean you will understand or comprehend a definition a a few years, months or hours... Example a Ruger 10/22 is now a semi-auto assault rifle! Crazy democrat/liberals. Growing up I would have classified a 10/22 as a beginner hunting rifle, otherwise known as a plinker. Something a father bought a son or daughter as a first rifle to teach safety with! Sheesh, shameful.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top