JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Feel good now? :rolleyes: This is what happens when you cherrypick data. The downward trend was well established before the period you've focused on. The rate of decline had in fact slowed dramatically before the '70s. An emotional appeal does nothing to defend your misinterpretation of the data.
What misinterpretation? The rates of unintentional death in children continue to fall. WTH are you talking about?

My opinion is stupid? Thanks for that. I'll chalk that up there with being immoral, as you have also labelled me and all other members on this forum. I think we are products of our environment, but that's just my stupid opinion.
I did no such thing, Mr. Triggered. "We did X and survived" is something people say all the time in reply to any safety thing. Seat belts, helmets, child proof caps. And it is stupid to say because those things have prevented a bunch of deaths that were more common when we were kids.

You must be bored to converse with an easily triggered, stupid, immoral person such as myself. Do you wear a helmet driving your car on public roads? If not, you should, and it should be law, right?
From the National Library of Medicine: "TBIs from motor vehicle crashes were estimated to result in 218,936 emergency department (ED) visits, 56,864 hospitalizations, and 16,402 deaths annually." TBI is traumatic brain injury.
More stupid opinion- I feel history has proven that clamping down on a society for it's own good does not seem to produce the desired outcome, but that's just the liberal in me showing.
Interesting how I stated above that I understand other's opinions, yet you call mine and other's stupid? What is it about your environment that makes it so difficult for you to interact on this forum as an adult?

You must be bored to converse with an easily triggered, stupid, immoral person such as myself. Do you wear a helmet driving your car on public roads? If not, you should, and it should be law, right?
From the National Library of Medicine: "TBIs from motor vehicle crashes were estimated to result in 218,936 emergency department (ED) visits, 56,864 hospitalizations, and 16,402 deaths annually." TBI is traumatic brain injury.
More stupid opinion- I feel history has proven that clamping down on a society for it's own good does not seem to produce the desired outcome, but that's just the liberal in me showing.
Interesting how I stated above that I understand other's opinions, yet you call mine and other's stupid? What is it about your environment that makes it so difficult for you to interact on this forum as an adult?
Where did I say something should be mandatory? Or did I specifically address mandatory gun safes in an earlier post?

Should I comment on how you pulled that factoid out of nowhere?

Would it be okay...
If the discussion got back around to the OP topic...?

Also here is an idea....
Presenting your thoughts or opinions or whathaveyou....
Can be done with out snarky back and forth one upmanship or the like.

Please post within forum rules.
Andy

The problem with safe storage laws is they don't address the lack of parenting. The mom had a suicidal teen and didn't know it, or she wouldn't have needed a law (that she likely didn't even know about regardless) to tell her to lock up her gun.
While we lament about the good old days, those of us who grew up with guns laying around probably also had parents that took us shooting, hunting, to sports, camping, music, family vacations and were otherwise involved in our growing up and development.
The safe storage laws is a real catch 22 for the gun control subject. We cant stop the increase in lack of parenting these days and seem to be outnumbering us.

Would it be okay...
If the discussion got back around to the OP topic...?

Also here is an idea....
Presenting your thoughts or opinions or whathaveyou....

Can be done with out snarky back and forth one upmanship or the like.
:s0116:

That's a $7000 safe. Some of these folks you're denigrating for having cheap RSCs can't afford a professional safe for their $300 gun. Granted, a $100 metal box would have been better than a kitchen drawer, but there's a middle ground here and for an awful lot of people that is south of $500.
Too bad they didn't buy my safe back when I paid $2,500 for it

Who have I denigrated?

Honestly my last response to this post and then I'm done with it.

Population has changed. May or may not contribute to this. As far as suicide back in the day vs now… same ways done just different drugs etc…

We as a society… especially here. Tend to go to extremes no matter what the subject or situation is. The problem is not just 1 simple thing. It's a multitude. Just like when someone decides to commit suicide, become a mass shooter, or whatever you want to insert as a loss of life or lives!

It's in your face everywhere. Everyone has access to BS on the internet. I want my 15 minutes of fame. My family wasn't there for me. The list goes on and on and on.

As far as safes… once again it is just like the club for your car, alarm system, gated community and that list goes on. A DETERMINED person will FIND a way around whatever they want. The determination is what matters. And having installed alarms, safes etc not one is full proof. Even the websites say that they are resistant.

I'm not signaling anyone out or saying that you are wrong. Each of you have VALID points. I can keep going but why?

Either you will listen or not. It's your choice and I can't change it. I can only control my own stuff that pertains to me and try to help people that want help. To the best of my ability!
Obviously anybody can throw a rock through your window & get into your home in a minute--that's why making your house harder to get into and not leaving anything tempting in plain sight are important

This is how low the state has gotten.

A normal person would think, this person has already lost her child -- possibly the worst thing that can ever befall a human being -- and will live the rest of her life knowing that she enabled that. Even though, had the son not had access to that firearm, he may very well have figured out another way to take his life (typically, teenage males seem to hang themselves more often). The woman has already been sued by, and had to pay off, a vengeful ex-husband.

The fact that the county prosecutor and the state of Washington feel they have something to gain by prosecuting this woman should be a sobering reminder to all of us.

This is how low the state has gotten.

A normal person would think, this person has already lost her child -- possibly the worst thing that can ever befall a human being -- and will live the rest of her life knowing that she enabled that. Even though, had the son not had access to that firearm, he may very well have figured out another way to take his life (typically, teenage males seem to hang themselves more often). The woman has already been sued by, and had to pay off, a vengeful ex-husband.

The fact that the county prosecutor and the state of Washington feel they have something to gain by prosecuting this woman should be a sobering reminder to all of us.
If this incident was about illegal drugs rather than illegally unsecured firearms, would you similarly suggest the mother has paid for her mistake enough?

Oh wait.....

Next thing you know.......the Govt will be regulating what kind of sacks is permissible within your own bedroom with another consenting adult.

Aloha, Mark

If this incident was about illegal drugs rather than illegally unsecured firearms, would you similarly suggest the mother has paid for her mistake enough?
You're seriously asking that? Do you have children? Or are you simply so "woke" that you can equate a victimless crime with the loss of one's child?

Shame.

download.jpeg-47.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews