JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is there a safe kitchen knife storage law to be guilty of?

Teens over 15 overwhelmingly commit suicide with guns. Suffocation a distant second and everything else is a small percentage - including kitchen knives. Kids 14 and below favor suffocation with firearms second, and everything else well below that.

Half the teens that commit suicide with guns showed no signs prior, which isn't true of other methods.

So it really isn't the same as a knife.
Of course it's the same as a knife if the result is death. :confused:

In 2001, a group of young people identifying as male boarded airplanes with box cutters, resulting in the deaths of over 3,000 people and changing world history irrevocably.

Why did these young people identifying as male take box cutters on the planes? Because they couldn't bring guns...

Gun storage laws are nothing but meaningless virtue signaling.

And this is the problem- the list would never end.
Ultimately, too keep everyone safe -- and for your own good -- we must authorize the state to restrict our movements to only those absolutely necessary for survival. If you want to leave the house, it's very simple: Just submit a request to the new government-issued "MyShackle" app. Do your retina scan into your phone cam, strip naked and await the government inspectors. They will perform a thorough search of your physical person to ensure you are not attempting to conceal any contraband. Once you pass the inspection, the inspectors will help you into your "outside suit," Once they have locked you safely in the suit, you will be allowed to proceed to your approved location.
Ep1hR1LW4AIzFDh.jpg

Then when you return home, it is essentially the reverse of this process. It might seem a little inconvenient at first, but remember it is for the good of society and for your own good! The first job of government should always be to protect you from yourself!

Society has changed, guns in every neighborhood house when I was a kid.
None of us even dreamed of screwing around with them.
I first had access to firearms when I was 8. My dad and my grandpa took me out to their favorite shooting spot, put a single-shot .22 bolt in my hand and said "if you ever touch this without our permission, you'll never touch it again..."

Eventually after demonstrating my competency and strict adherence to (real) gun safety rules, I was told I could touch them without permission.

45 years and tens of thousands or rounds later, I've still not managed to blow my face off or kill anyone... The poor gun grabbers have no idea to do with me. I prove wrong all of their fallacious claims pretty much every day!

The problem with a lot of 8-yr-old boys around today is there is no dad and grandpa to teach those life lessons. They are being raised by the government nanny or by mom's dirtbag boyfriend -- when he's not in prison.

Last Edited:
That this "we didn't have X when I was a kid, and we lived" assertion is stupid. Kids got killed all the time - they just can't speak up today because the dead don't talk.

I would rather not have to have a safe law. I would rather people pulled their heads out of their behinds and realized that teens often commit suicide impulsively, without a lot of parental warning, and may well get past that impulse if they have more of a barrier to trying it than a kitchen drawer.

This isn't about trust, or values, or whether a 13 year old has access to an industrial cutting torch. It is about putting a speed bump in the way of a lazy and half hearted pubescent urge.
Then you have to lock up every sharp implement in the house. And ropes. Ant poison. Lock up the car keys and the garage door opener.... And we should probably stop buying cell phones for the kiddos...

OK, this is a sad story to be sure. But if the kid had slashed his wrists with a box cutter he found in the garage? Charge mom with 'unsafe box cutter storage.'

If we had reasonable common sense box cutter control laws in 2001, the Sept. 11 man-caused-disaster would have been prevented and 3,000 Americans would be alive today.

I am sick and tired of this carnage. It is time for box cutter safety now!
Wasn't 9/11 enough warning? Clearly tall buildings must be banned. And flat, 5-sided ones.

There was no end of stuff killing kids back in the day that have been ameliorated since then
Locking refrigerators: Kids suffocated in these from time to time when I was a kid.
Blasting caps. Mostly causing lost fingers or eyes but there was the occasional fatality(I grew up near oil fields. It was astounding how sloppy blasters were with their tools.)
Peanut and other allergies were lethal for kids before diagnoses improved
Playing in abandoned houses or factories
Rock fights
Diseases like polio, whooping cough, small pox etc.
Gun /knife/garden tool accidents
Poisonings-- Lots of interesting things under the sink and in the garage.
Lack of seat belts in cars and car accidents in general when kids got old enough to drive or ride a motorcycle
'I could go on but you all get the point and I'll also bet that a lot of the geezers on this forum know of some kid who died from one of these causes and has a couple more things to add to my list.
Kids are still dying today but they aren't dying of most of of the things that were killing us back then. I guess modern times call for modern methods.
Now Chinese/Mexican fentanyl takes out what, a couple million Americans per year?
We're WAY better off now!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top