JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, with all due respect, and I've brought this up here in the recent past, all the big talkers about ignoring the law, "do not comply", yadda yadda yadda, yet every single time I bring up the idea of buying someone's pistol simply man-to man, ftf, as free men once did, the answer is always the same, even if the weapon was bought by the seller years ago....."yeah, I hear ya, would love to, but you know, gotta follow the law."
Horsepucky, or should I just say lotta big talkers here (and on other forums), but when it comes down to it, nuthin' but bended knees.

The reality is, as a forum we must abide the law and talking about openly breaking the law on this forum will get this thread closed.

From my limited experience with the ballot measure process, the problem appears to me to be that billionaires have the money to pay a large number of people who can easily collect enough signatures to get these measures on the ballot. ....

Totally agree. I'd like to see a ban on paid signature gatherers. If a measure is popular enough, enough will volunteer to get it on the ballot. Paying people to gather signatures though, is just a means of purchasing laws.

Word : SB941 People here ( Oregon) still think four years later person to person sale without a BGC is legal.
There was just a discussion earlier about police protecting the people. Meanwhile many many years ago that was ruled
they are not there to help in any way. ( some do) but by law no responsibility to lend assistance. Again some departments policies are different.
thats one im not happy about. not admitting that i have or havent complied. just sayin i dont care to comply with it. its stupid, it was forced upon us, we as gun owners have a heck of a time getting behind a single progun candidate and this is what happens.

Well, with all due respect, and I've brought this up here in the recent past, all the big talkers about ignoring the law, "do not comply", yadda yadda yadda, yet every single time I bring up the idea of buying someone's pistol simply man-to man, ftf, as free men once did, the answer is always the same, even if said pistol was bought by the seller years ago....."yeah, I hear ya, would love to, but you know, gotta follow the law."
Horsepucky, or should I just say lotta big talkers here (and on other forums), but when it comes down to it, nuthin' but bended knees.

Few want to be the test case. The old "from my cold dead hands" sounds good, until it's time to try it. The reason any "law" or "rule" works is mass compliance. Since a mass amount of gun owners vote for these kind of laws few feel like they would get much support going against the laws. So they comply. The real problem is still the gun owners who make every excuse in the book every two years for allowing the laws and the people who give us the laws. If we could get millions of gun owners to vote as a block? You would see even VERY anti gun politicians suddenly say how pro gun they were. Almost no politician is willing to do what so many gun owners do. Lose while saying they are virtuous.

I read somewhere that signing more than once gets a whole page of signatures voided out. Is that right? Can we just all walk up and start signing every page we see, even in the bottom of full pages? Then make them check and throw them out?

I read somewhere that signing more than once gets a whole page of signatures voided out. Is that right? Can we just all walk up and start signing every page we see, even in the bottom of full pages? Then make them check and throw them out?
Suppose it could not hurt but they don't check them all. The checks, at least here, are some small percentage, then they make a judgment of whether there is enough or not. These petitions are not the only problem by a long shot though. Gun owners keep electing people like the current Governors of WA and OR. Unless we can ever change that we will just keep losing little by little. Anti gun law makers only fear losing. If they keep winning, more laws keep coming along.

I said before this passed, and after it passed that this is exactly what would happen. It is not the first time. Remember when the mandatory BGC for all guns went in? People who worked retail were swamped with people walking in to buy a .22 or such for Christmas who had no idea the law went in. Gun owners who could not be bothered to vote. Well here we go again. And again a lot blame that we are outnumbered. So again I say there are millions of gun owners in even the worst states. Where are they come election time? They don't care until some new law effects them. Then they act like they had no idea it happened. Then they blame the NRA. Then they say their vote would not matter. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Actually, we WOULD have the majority if people would just GET OFF THEIR Monkey A**ES AND TURN IN THEIR BALLOTS! Remember, 1639 passed by a 60% margin on only FORTY PERCENT of issued ballots returned for counting! In other words, 60% just sat there with their thumbs up their butts, either content to receive another Seattle Sodomization or faster to raise a white flag and give up than the bloody French!

And tomorrow will be Hypocrisy Day in Washington, when 64% of the voting public will celebrate freedoms they have voted away.:(:mad::(:mad:
You mean 84%, between direct action (24%) and mere inaction (60%)... as a nation and particularly as a state, we have truly proven ourselves unworthy of the great gift the Founding Fathers bequeathed to us. :( God help us all.

Word : SB941 People here ( Oregon) still think four years later person to person sale without a BGC is legal.
There was just a discussion earlier about police protecting the people. Meanwhile many many years ago that was ruled
they are not there to help in any way. ( some do) but by law no responsibility to lend assistance. Again some departments policies are different.

Washington citizens had a chance to vote on their demise. Oregon had sb941 and the other anti bills put to 1 room full of people with a stacked deck to decide our fate.

Last Edited:
Washington citizens had a chance to vote on their demise. Oregon had sb941 and the other anti bills put to 1 room full of people with a stacked deck to decide our fate.

Yes and in OR gun owners decided to elect Kate twice now. Both times she did have someone running against her. Both times gun owners in OR decided they would rather have Kate. Hope the ones who helped her win are enjoying her now.

Yes and in OR gun owners decided to elect Kate twice now. Both times she did have someone running against her. Both times gun owners in OR decided they would rather have Kate. Hope the ones who helped her win are enjoying her now.

If Oregon gun laws was put to a vote it probably would not pass. I can't believe gun owners voted for her .Oregon has gone straight down the toilet and not just on gun laws. If I wanted to live like a Californian I would have moved there.

If Oregon gun laws was put to a vote it probably would not pass. I can't believe gun owners voted for her .Oregon has gone straight down the toilet and not just on gun laws. If I wanted to live like a Californian I would have moved there.
That's the problem, Californians want to move away from their sh!t but then bring it everywhere else.

To me, spreading the word is met with deer in the headlights , like I'm a Jehovah Witness and "man, I'm just here to pop off some rounds and not wanting to hear a debate about politics"....

How do ya reach these people???:eek:

To me, spreading the word is met with deer in the headlights , like I'm a Jehovah Witness and "man, I'm just here to pop off some rounds and not wanting to hear a debate about politics"....

How do ya reach these people???:eek:
"You may not like f'ing politics, but it sure will love f'ing YOU unless you take the fight to it first!"

I don't particularly like politics myself, so I point that out and that if something's enough Existential Threat to make ME get into the fight it's REAL Bad News. Unfortunately, Seattle and Olympia seem to be convinced that the sole purpose of their existence is to pump out one ET after another...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top