JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What about taking a look at the video games the kids are raised with these days? I can't imagine kids growing up with Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Mass Effect and all the other real life first person shooters. I would say those are numbing today's youths more than anything. This isn't about gun control, its about raising these kids in an environment where they understand right from wrong and consequences. If the kid couldn't have gotten firearms, maybe he would have turned to making explosive devices to kill as many as possible.

I would have no problem to fully give up my gun rights to stop something like this from happening.
I know some of u wouldnt and its ok if you think your glocks are more important then these childrens lifes.

and dont say that BS like all teachers should be armed. not in a elementary school. thats a mistake waiting to happen.

but again id fully give up my guns, and ablity to own them if it ment events like this wouldnt happen
The issue is that CRIMINALS are not so warm and fuzzy. They do not care about you. They do not care about me. They only care about themselves and, possibly, some of their own family (and for some, as we saw today, not even them). So, appeasement is non-productive. Just look at Germany and the Sudetenland just prior to them starting WWII. They were given it to appease them and then they attacked anyway.

Sorry, but living in a fantasy world trying to achieve Utopia is never going to happen while people are still people.

What about taking a look at the video games the kids are raised with these days? I can't imagine kids growing up with Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Mass Effect and all the other real life first person shooters. I would say those are numbing today's youths more than anything. This isn't about gun control, its about raising these kids in an environment where they understand right from wrong and consequences. If the kid couldn't have gotten firearms, maybe he would have turned to making explosive devices to kill as many as possible.

Good god, not the "it's the video games" debate. Maybe if people actually did some parenting in the world rather than being "friends" and not spanking their kids they wouldn't grow up to be bubblegums. Unfortunately people grow up with their parents teaching them its ok to lie, cheat, and steal because you can blame "the man", aka "the rich."

Billions of kids around the world play video games and watch violent movies or in the case of most places outside the US have seen it first hand and yet the percentage of sociopath murderers is extremely low.

This incident breaks my heart. I lost my granddaughter a few years ago from complications from an operation and I can only imagine how the parents and grandparents of these children are feeling about this terrible, senseless crime. I like my guns, but I really don't want to think about the pros and cons of the 2nd amendment. I just want to pick up my grandson from school and give him a hug.

Rob

I would have no problem to fully give up my gun rights to stop something like this from happening.
I know some of u wouldnt and its ok if you think your glocks are more important then these childrens lifes.

but again id fully give up my guns, and ablity to own them if it ment events like this wouldnt happen

Well then you'd give up your rights for nothing. Evil people will always be among us and nothing government can do will stop that.

Keith

and dont say that BS like all teachers should be armed. not in a elementary school. thats a mistake waiting to happen.

If you don't trust a teacher with a gun, why would you trust your kids to be in their care at all? A teacher could just as easily lock the classroom door and burn them to death with gasoline.

Keith

The issue is that CRIMINALS are not so warm and fuzzy. They do not care about you. They do not care about me. They only care about themselves and, possibly, some of their own family (and for some, as we saw today, not even them). So, appeasement is non-productive. Just look at Germany and the Sudetenland just prior to them starting WWII. They were given it to appease them and then they attacked anyway.

Sorry, but living in a fantasy world trying to achieve Utopia is never going to happen while people are still people.

That is why we all need to at least have the ability to protect ourselves. Taking our personal protections away only leaves us like lambs being led to the slaughter.

If you don't trust a teacher with a gun, why would you trust your kids to be in their care at all? They could just as easily lock the classroom door and burn them to death with gasoline.

Keith

wow, way to take it out of context. a mistake can happen such as, it can get left out in the open, lets say its locked up (so it wouldnt have helped anyways) and a 3rd grader get a hold of a key, and we all know young untrained children with guns is a bad thing.

This is one time I WOULD NOT mind a higher taxes be it local or fedral. Especially if it meant all of us who have or are planning on haveing children dont have to second guess each day our kids go to school if they will be kept out of harms way.

All the gun control in the world will not have kept this from happening, in fact it will just insure only the bad guys have guns!!!!!

All I know is something has to be done!!

On this one matter I wish both parties would pull there heads out of the collective arses and work together,,,,,to bad the chance of that happening is slim to none.

wow, way to take it out of context. a mistake can happen such as, it can get left out in the open, lets say its locked up (so it wouldnt have helped anyways) and a 3rd grader get a hold of a key, and we all know young untrained children with guns is a bad thing.
A gun should be on your person otherwise you may not be able to get it when needed. I wish I could get my wife to understand that. If someone bursts in, you aren't going to be able to say, "wait a minute," go over to the cabinet, unlock it and pull it out and shoot them. Chances are, it will be too late for that (sarcasm intended). It may be too late for that anyway as it depends on whether they fire at you first or not. As an example, one of those killed at the Clackamas Town Center mall in the Portland area a few days back was a CHL holder and didn't have a chance to do anything. He was one of the first that was dropped. But at least if you have something on your person, you may at least stand a little bit better chance than a snowball in hell.

This is one time I WOULD NOT mind a higher taxes be it local or fedral. Especially if it meant all of us who have or are planning on haveing children dont have to second guess each day our kids go to school if they will be kept out of harms way.

All the gun control in the world will not have kept this from happening, in fact it will just insure only the bad guys have guns!!!!!

All I know is something has to be done!!

On this one matter I wish both parties would pull there heads out of the collective arses and work together,,,,,to bad the chance of that happening is slim to none.

Good god, not the "it's the video games" debate. Maybe if people actually did some parenting in the world rather than being "friends" and not spanking their kids they wouldn't grow up to be bubblegums. Unfortunately people grow up with their parents teaching them its ok to lie, cheat, and steal because you can blame "the man", aka "the rich."

Billions of kids around the world play video games and watch violent movies or in the case of most places outside the US have seen it first hand and yet the percentage of sociopath murderers is extremely low.

Ok, you spank your child now, get out the belt, of find a solid switch to discipline your child and hello children services. Times have changed. I will agree that times have changed, but in those times many things have changed so much. The stuff that is seen on tv and interacted with through video games is far from what was introduced to kids 20 years ago.

The children are our freedom martyr's. Freedom for all men to seek life liberty and happiness. Their deaths are a knife wound in our stomachs and a reminder of the great costs that will be paid until freedom no longer rings. Let not their death be in vain.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

You're not making a whole lot of sence here with that statement Lush. There will always be bad guys and nuts out there, and they will have guns. You best hold on to yours, if you value the lives of your family members, and your own life.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top