JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You mean the TX express lane for death row? Sound concept - if there is no question that they are guilty (DNA/video proof/admission of guilt with evidence... they go to the front of the line and fast track cases usually are done and executed within 5 years. At least it reduces over crowding... not like CA where you are something like 87% more likely to die of natural causes on the row than to be executed.

5 years is 5 year to long IMO.

I just heard a comment from someone elsewhere that his AR jammed and he had to switch weapons which made him stop? Has anyone heard this or seen it reported from any news source or is it anti gun heresay being spread?

Heard he had a 100 rd. drum in it (probably one of those cheap made in China jobs) and it jammed up on him. Probably saved a lot of lives, and a perfect time to make a move on the puke. I've been carrying a small 9mm to the movies and malls lately, but thinking strongly about starting to carry one of my Glocks or 1911's after hearing of this incident.

This is just speculation though as I sit in my comfy home, who knows I might just poop my pants and run away.

You might also have pooped your pants and dropped the SOB with a shot to the head. I suspect that many successful survivors of gun fights went home after the fact with a skid mark. No shame in that.

Anyone want to lay odds that he is declared incompetent? He was on the fast track to PHD and by all accounts was doing well in his masters program. He had filed paperwork toward dropping out of school and does this. He is 24 years old. All things fit in with schizophrenia related psychotic break. Typical onset of schizophrenia occurs between 16 and 28 years of age. Not saying that it should make a difference or trying to defend his actions and from my point of view I don't care if he is declared insane I still think execution or life without is in order for the shooter.

Amid the inevitable calls for more gun control and a reinstated AR ban, will anyone mention the real cause? It's our lack of a viable, tax funded mental health system. This guy's mother was not surprised he'd done this. Think about the previous 3 or 4 mass shooters. All were described as "deranged" or "disturbed". Most had been recognized as having mental issues serious enough to raise concerns for public safety. In situations like this in CA where I worked in the state mental hospitals people could be involuntarily committed by relatives or law enforcement for a 30 to 90 day evaluation. During that time they were locked up and observed by professionals. If deemed a danger to themselves or others they could be committed indefinitely. That ended when then Governor Reagan succeeded in cutting the mental health budget to almost nothing. The rest of the country immediately followed his lead. How does it feel to be saving a few bucks in taxes? Is this kind of evil loose on the streets worth it?

Adjusting your tactics based on one incident, which is literally a 100 million to 1 shot against being a scenario you will ever see, does not make sense. But whatever makes people more confident carrying I guess.
Not adjusting tactics just moving up a couple of clicks on fire power. Crazy things like this have been happening more frequently, and I don't expect that to change. It isn't like I'll have to buy anything. Just go to the safe and put on a few moreOz'ss of peace of mind. BTW, I still expect to win the Oregon lottery too.:D

Was going to link it but since MSNBC switched to NBCNews they've f'ed up all of their links.

In short, decent article on the front page right now regarding the White House stance on gun laws with regard to the Friday morning shooting. Basically, "let's enforce the laws we have and keep guns away from bad people insofar as we can. Let's not punish existing responsible owners."

It is obvious that they are going for an insanity plea or they wouldn't have the guy showing up in court with red hair. Any attorney representing a defendant with mental capacity would have him cleaned up and wearing a suit before his appearance in front of a judge. Was surprised he had an actual public defender. These attorneys are such publicity whores I would have expected a famous attorney to step forward by now.

It is obvious that they are going for an insanity plea or they wouldn't have the guy showing up in court with red hair. Any attorney representing a defendant with mental capacity would have him cleaned up and wearing a suit before his appearance in front of a judge. Was surprised he had an actual public defender. These attorneys are such publicity whores I would have expected a famous attorney to step forward by now.

Did you watch the news feed? "Heavily medicated" came to mind. If not....crikey.

Personally, I am still waiting to see if he gets 'suicided,' directly assassinated, or 'can't remember' anything. All three indications of a patsy/stooge; brainwashed and prepped killer.

If that isn't the case and he knows what he did and it was on his own accord than the term 'no mercy' comes to mind. Hand the victims a big sack of pliers and blow torches.

Our empire is torturing innocent people around the globe daily and this guy gets kid gloves, no thanks.

GRK had a public defender. He lived in my neighborhood at the time and I went to school with his son. He came to eat lunch where I worked a few times every week and never mentioned being on the case, but then I saw him on CNN. So no, they're not all publicity whores and famous killers do get public defense.

‘The NRA can go to hell,’ says candidate Burner

Perennial congressional candidate Darcy Burner jumped onto the gun control bandwagon in the wake of the Aurora movie massacre by writing in the Daily Kos that, among other things, “The NRA can go to hell.”

<broken link removed>

&#8216;The NRA can go to hell,' says candidate Burner

Perennial congressional candidate Darcy Burner jumped onto the gun control bandwagon in the wake of the Aurora movie massacre by writing in the Daily Kos that, among other things, "The NRA can go to hell."

<broken link removed>

I loved this quote:

time we took steps to stop the mass killings.
"It's time we had an adult conversation about guns in this country. The NRA can go to hell."&#8212;Darcy Burner, Democrat for Congress

Was there ever a time Burner was considered relevant? She's like the Lyndon LaRouche of local politics.

gunlaws.jpg

I know, I am preaching to the choir but these renewed calls for a new AWB is seriously the most moronic and transparent effort to capitalize on a tragedy for their own agendas that I have seen since VT.

The brief segment on the news that I caught had all these people clamoring for the govt to clamp down on the private ownership of the evil black rifles because they are SOOOO dangerous, all the while saying that they support the right to own handguns for self defence which got me thinking back to VT (two handguns I believe)

And the 1966 shooting at the University of Texas (bolt action 6mm was the primary gun I believe)

And the 2001 elementary school stabbing in Japan that killed eight children.

What a not so funny joke.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR