JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carried my pistol to see the new Batman film in the IMAX at Bridgeport village last Sunday- nobody looked at me twice. Of course my p238 is effectively invisible on my person and Sunday wasn't special- I carry everywhere including right now at work as I type...Right about the time they try to ban firearms at the mall or movie theaters is the time I stop frequenting either. Anybody who skips the movie out of unjustified fear is only cheating themselves- it's a great movie

What is not to buy about the images and testing in that link?

Yes no two incidents are the same, but the majority of incidents someone hit in the vest there will be some pause in the activity of the person hit. I am under no illusion that it is movie style blown off your feet, your done for the day. It simply does not make people ironman and ingore being shot, it will create some sort of pause or change of action by the person hit, pure human nature will make them move to avoid further hits, look for threat etc.

That is the point I was making, we keep hearing that a CCW in that theater would not have made any difference at all. I just don't buy that, even if it only paused his rampage 10seconds it matters and would have saved many lives. In that couple seconds the ccw could also close the distance to affect a more pemrnant halt of hostilities.

Yeah patting down your patrons so they cannot CCW is a great way to make sure nobody can walk in the exit door with an AR/AK/WOMD... And what is the 17yr old pimple faced kid searching people going to do when the psycho there to kill people pulls out the weapon he has? Be the 1st casualty?

I am with you Burt, if I will see that I will walk right back out the door without buying a ticket and dragging the family with me, whether they like it or not.

Last time we went to a movie was to see the last installment of LOTRs. Of course as always I was packing my 40 BHP and three reloads, my gal had her .357 magnum. No one is going to pat either of us down

Read through a couple pages to see the signer's comments. These people don't seem to recognize what the 2nd amendment is about. Lots of them mention hunting and even go as far to say they can't be used for hunting.:huh:

At least they displayed their gross ignorance for all to see. Not surprisingly, a number of the people said they were from CA.

I believe in the 2nd amendment, I also own serveral guns. However, I should not own an assault weapon or a clip that holds more then 10 rounds. These guns are designed only to kill people!!! not hunting or target practice.

I support the right of individuals to bear arms but do NOT support the right of all to own automatic weapons. Please re-instate the assault weapons ban or another Aurora is around the corner.

I'm an NRA supporter, however there is no excuse for our citizenry to own an Assault Rifle. I would also support cross referencing data bases so one individual buying all the parts - rifle, ammo drum, and thousands of rounds - would be flagged.

assault rifles are for war not hunting small game

Read through a couple pages to see the signer's comments. These people don't seem to recognize what the 2nd amendment is about. Lots of them mention hunting and even go as far to say they can't be used for hunting.:huh:

At least they displayed their gross ignorance for all to see. Not surprisingly, a number of the people said they were from CA.

I love how all these people jump on the registration bandwagon, but I guarantee they'll be the same SOB's that raise a huge fuss about how much it would cost to implement a system large enough to encompass our nation. Fools, fools, fools. All of them.

Ohio man charged with bringing weapons into movie theater

Doesn't sound to me like this guy did anything wrong if he had a CHL, but now he'll be made out to be a thwarted 'joker' - Ohio man charged with bringing weapons into movie theater

Can't blame him for not talking to police either. Then they raid his home and find ... rifles and gas masks --- oh, my!!!!

This is why I am 100% done with theaters. If you carry they'll turn you into a criminal.

So what are they going to charge him with? If the theater had a "no firearms" policy, shouldn't he be given the chance to leave?

Not enough details.

Here are all the sheep applauding the arrest before the facts are known - Ohio man charged with bringing weapons into movie theater

So, before you attempt to exercise your 2nd Amendment Liberty/Permission at a movie theater you may want to think twice.

Unless being arrested, having your house belongings turned upside down, safe torched, dog shot, guns/computers etc confiscated probably forever, spend time in a cell, branded a criminal by your neighbors and co-workers sounds appealing may I suggest Netflix.

If you are the type that wants to make a point and exercising your 'right' by carrying into a theater and risking all the above you are brave indeed; good luck with that ....

There's no info to whether he had a CHL or was carrying concealed illegally. I would guess, ( and it is only a guess ), that as he was charged, he did not have a CHL.

I carry into the Landmark 16 all the time, but I've never attracted much interest, so I have to wonder how he managed to draw the attention of the off duty cop.

There's no info to whether he had a CHL or was carrying concealed illegally. I would guess, ( and it is only a guess ), that as he was charged, he did not have a CHL.

That's what I was thinking as well, if he legally had a CHL I don't think there's anything they could hold him for.. Unless management asked him to leave and he refused, but anyone in their right mind would've just left.

so I have to wonder how he managed to draw the attention of the off duty cop.

He attracted their attention by showing up 30-60 minutes early and sitting in an empty theater, waiting.

Also, he had a lot of 'pictures' of various guns on his mobile phone so he must be a criminal.

Well, technically he is, since he apparently didn't have a carry permit. That was extremely dumb of him, whether the other assumptions about him are wrong or not.

My guess is the guy is the paranoid type, wanted to see the movie, but was scared to go unarmed (no way to substantiate that, just a hunch).

He attracted their attention by showing up 30 minutes early and sitting in an empty theater, waiting.

Did you just make that up to make it sound more ominous ?
It said he arrived 1/2 hour before showtime, that's nothing unusual if you want a good seat. Where did you learn about an empty theatre or him "waiting" ?

Not enough details.

Here are all the sheep applauding the arrest before the facts are known - Ohio man charged with bringing weapons into movie theater

So, before you attempt to exercise your 2nd Amendment Liberty/Permission at a movie theater you may want to think twice.

Unless being arrested, having your house belongings turned upside down, safe torched, dog shot, guns/computers etc confiscated probably forever, spend time in a cell, branded a criminal by your neighbors and co-workers sounds appealing may I suggest Netflix.

If you are the type that wants to make a point and exercising your 'right' by carrying into a theater and risking all the above you are brave indeed; good luck with that ....

Hahahahaha
Got me laughin'

Hey maybe you can get an endorsement?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews