JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like he bought the vest on line, not that expensive or that advanced..........
http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-11e1-a574-0019bb30f31a/500a1767ec2b1.pdf.pdf

FYI, I clearly see a groin protector, gas mask and helmet (which is not listed on that invoice).

Here's What We Know About The Equipment Carried By The Denver Shooter - Business Insider

*edit*

You guys ever considered that he may have bought this stuff over time? Maybe even stolen or borrowed some of it? Showing a receipt of one tactical purchase is hardly definitive if he was wearing armor or not. The news media is pretty clear about the Glocks pistols, the Remington Shotgun and the S&W AR-15- yet the armor is in question?

What may have happened is that he got some cheap armor or plate carrier that didn't have pouches or other gear holders...then threw the Blackhawk vest over the armor to hold the pistol and more mags.

I know, I am preaching to the choir but these renewed calls for a new AWB is seriously the most moronic and transparent effort to capitalize on a tragedy for their own agendas that I have seen since VT.

The brief segment on the news that I caught had all these people clamoring for the govt to clamp down on the private ownership of the evil black rifles because they are SOOOO dangerous, all the while saying that they support the right to own handguns for self defence which got me thinking back to VT (two handguns I believe)

And the 1966 shooting at the University of Texas (bolt action 6mm was the primary gun I believe)

And the 2001 elementary school stabbing in Japan that killed eight children.

What a not so funny joke.

Especially when the only handguns capable of a reasonable chance of stopping this lunatic were a Draco or a standard pistol with the Reagan-banned AP bullets

Especially when the only handguns capable of a reasonable chance of stopping this lunatic were a Draco or a standard pistol with the Reagan-banned AP bullets

Stopping does not mean killing or body penetration, you don't have to put a hole in him to stop him. Ask any LEO that has been shot in the vest, it is like getting hit with a fastball, or a bat. It does not make the wearer Ironman, the armor absobing the round transmits all the force into the body. The vest is there to stop the projectile from penetrating the body. It cannot however stop the force, COM shots would have staggered him and based on his surender to police without resistance he was not looking to get hurt and getting hit may have stopped his shooting early, worst case it delays and distracts him so a few more people live.

Here is some Armor testing to give people an idea..
The Box O' Truth #16 - Level IIIA Armor - Page 1

The other 'incidents' that are happening are just BS btw. Stupid comments made in theaters earning people an arrest and $50k bail.

So predictable, and the sheep won't object to the hammer coming down.

Don't fear the one is a million chance you'll ever be within a mile of some nut on a shooting rampage; fear the backlash and the advance of tyranny. Edit what you say, how you act, the look on your face or pay the price.

Like I said before, after the DHS and other alphabet gangs get done with 'theater security' it will be like the TSA. Forget it. Get fondled by perverts and thugs, scanned, and processed for the right to go spend $11 on a movie - no thanks.

In the meantime, use special caution driving to and from the range. If you have an AR/AK in the trunk you may be seen as a horrible threat and taken away and that is no joke (even though under normal, only semi-paranoid conditions, it is perfectly legal).
Don't have a copy of the Constitution or any other rebel literature with you unless you want to go for a ride.

I posted something similar earlier. It seems like people are just glossing over this fact. Everyone is talking about body armor like it makes a person invincible. Anyone who says a headshot would be the only way to stop a shooter like this, has no idea how body armor works.

Stopping does not mean killing or body penetration, you don't have to put a hole in him to stop him. Ask any LEO that has been shot in the vest, it is like getting hit with a fastball, or a bat. It does not make the wearer Ironman, the armor absobing the round transmits all the force into the body. The vest is there to stop the projectile from penetrating the body. It cannot however stop the force, COM shots would have staggered him and based on his surender to police without resistance he was not looking to get hurt and getting hit may have stopped his shooting early, worst case it delays and distracts him so a few more people live.

He didn't even have body armor. He had a $106 vest that holds mags, etc. It is the media that is hyping it up as a 'bullet proof' vest.

Burt,
That vest was only part of what he was wearing. There are pictures out there of the gear he had on upon capture, it shows vest, groin protection, helmet, etc.. The police/media have not released any information on exactly what that gear was that I have seen, but he did have it.

I would love to be able to unload a magazine or two in that sick POS!

I believe it! - Also believe there are a lot of CC people that would love to go back in a time machine with their weapon of choice if given the chance.

No riot, I don't have you on ignore, just OCD LOL! I'll look back at the other posts. I just saw a receipt for a vest that didn't look like a ballistic vest at all. Didn't know about the other stuff.

If some SOB is trying to kill me and those around me, and all I have is my trusty PPS/light/laser he's going to get a taste of four rounds of +P 9mm TAP followed by four rounds of +P hardcast Buffalo Bore (my mag menu). If I/he lives is all up to physics.

I don't think if he did that at Lloyd Center for instance he'd be alive right now. Even before I ever carried, and knew people that did, they would ALWAYS tell me the one place they carry is at Lloyd Center. I'd bet good money that right now at the Batman movie at LC there are at least 10 concealed folks enjoying that movie right now.

Friends of mine don't want to go see that movie because they are scared. I told them relax, right now - before they put in metal detectors, etc - it is probably the safest place you could be.

I believe it! - Also believe there are a lot of CC people that would love to go back in a time machine with their weapon of choice if given the chance.

No riot, I don't have you on ignore, just OCD LOL! I'll look back at the other posts. I just saw a receipt for a vest that didn't look like a ballistic vest at all. Didn't know about the other stuff.

If some SOB is trying to kill me and those around me, and all I have is my trusty PPS/light/laser he's going to get a taste of four rounds of +P 9mm TAP followed by four rounds of +P hardcast Buffalo Bore (my mag menu). If I/he lives is all up to physics.

I don't think if he did that at Lloyd Center for instance he'd be alive right now. Even before I ever carried, and knew people that did, they would ALWAYS tell me the one place they carry is at Lloyd Center. I'd bet good money that right now at the Batman movie at LC there are at least 10 concealed folks enjoying that movie right now.

Friends of mine don't want to go see that movie because they are scared. I told them relax, right now - before they put in metal detectors, etc - it is probably the safest place you could be.

Agreed on all. Funny thing is- most of the time if I go into a crowded area (i.e. Movie theater or other public event) I'll switch out my carry mag so that the first two rounds are pre-frag MagSafe bullets.

MagsafeGelTubes.jpg

My worry was hitting an arm, going through a non vital area or grazing my target might cause collateral damage on the other side of my target and I wanted to limit that possibility with these bullets. Now, however, I may reassess that. Maybe keep them in a spare mag? Dump all the MagSafes and keep the Hornady TAP rounds? I also keep a mag of FMJ in my car or in a bag, as well. Because if I need that mag it's because I'm no longer worried about collateral damage!

*edit*

I'm glad I'm not the only one that loves Hornady TAP rounds!

A lot of general public seem shocked at the fact that he:

1. had 6000 rounds of ammo.

2. bought it online.

I would not be surprised if we start seeing a call to regulate ammunition sales a lot more than they already are.

When so many have been actually fully hit with multiple handgun rounds and then gone on to complete their planned actions.. I don't buy this. No two shootings are alike

As expected, some theaters are starting to pat down movie goers. Nauseating. The sheep will accept every violation of their person for false safety; they've shown that time and time again.

As soon as I see that crap I'm done with going to movies, period. Theaters want to limit their liability by pandering to the lemmings, fine. They just won't be my $11, ever.

As expected, some theaters are starting to pat down movie goers. Nauseating. The sheep will accept every violation of their person for false safety; they've shown that time and time again.

As soon as I see that crap I'm done with going to movies, period. Theaters want to limit their liability by pandering to the lemmings, fine. They just won't be my $11, ever.
Theater security via security theater. I'll pass too.

This happening in our area? Was planning on seeing a movie soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

A lot of general public seem shocked at the fact that he:

1. had 6000 rounds of ammo.

2. bought it online.

I would not be surprised if we start seeing a call to regulate ammunition sales a lot more than they already are.

I agree. ABC sure seems to keep drilling those points as if they really had anything to do the crime. Had he shot or been carrying 6000rds maybe but so what if owned 6000rds,

I just don't see how many theaters could actually get employees to do pat downs. Since most are high school aged kids. I know I wouldn't do it. Not my business to see what's in people's pockets.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews