JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ah but it wasnt you!

But that's the scenario I was replying to- the hypothetical, if it was you...

What would you do if you got out of your car and found someone of any race in your neighbors property that obviously doesn't belong there?

IN your neighbors property? Firstly, I don't recall hearing anything about this. Secondly, I'm pretty sure it's a townhouse community with common greenspace, which many people likely frequently walk across. I seriously doubt Martin was all up "in" anyone's property.

So really your argument and most of the anti GZ crowd is that you wouldn't join a neighborhood watch, not that you wouldnt act in self defense ;)

My argument is that Zimmerman is a racist moron. Neighborhood watches are fine- but you can't make the assumption that anyone you don't recognize, not even black ones, walking through your neighborhood, are criminals who need to be confronted, stood against, and shot.

Odds are overwhelmingly in favor of any given person walking through a neighborhood, even across greenspace in a gated community of townhouses, having a perfectly legal and legitimate reason for doing so. Zimmerman let his imagination run wild. He let his experiences of the last few months of frustration creep racism into his schema, and adopted the view that black kids walking through his neighborhood must surely be up to no good. This is a bad state to be in, and can lead to no good.... Lo and behold, it resulted in an unarmed innocent bystander minding his own business getting shot and killed.

I think the problem here, in this thread, is that you guys are so hardwired to defend anyone legally carrying, because of the communal implications for the state of the 2nd amendment, that you'll even defend guys involved in highly questionable bubblegum. Did Zimmerman commit a crime? I don't know. I think he probably did. Not murder, but a lesser crime. I know he committed an ethical crime, with his racial stereotyping and aggressive behavior toward someone he didn't have enough facts about. How the fight all went down will remain a mystery. You can think he was a bubbleguming "hero," I'll continue to think he's a racist moron.

Your opinion is based not on person knowledge, it is based on information presented to you by people with agendas both for and against. Your opinions just as my opinions on the subject are worthless!

Obviously. All anyone's doing here is offering opinions. Why bring this up?

My argument is that Zimmerman is a racist moron. Neighborhood watches are fine- but you can't make the assumption that anyone you don't recognize, not even black ones, walking through your neighborhood, are criminals who need to be confronted, stood against, and shot.

Odds are overwhelmingly in favor of any given person walking through a neighborhood, even across greenspace in a gated community of townhouses, having a perfectly legal and legitimate reason for doing so. Zimmerman let his imagination run wild. He let his experiences of the last few months of frustration creep racism into his schema, and adopted the view that black kids walking through his neighborhood must surely be up to no good. This is a bad state to be in, and can lead to no good.... Lo and behold, it resulted in an unarmed innocent bystander minding his own business getting shot and killed.

I think the problem here, in this thread, is that you guys are so hardwired to defend anyone legally carrying, because of the communal implications for the state of the 2nd amendment, that you'll even defend guys involved in highly questionable bubblegum. Did Zimmerman commit a crime? I don't know. I think he probably did. Not murder, but a lesser crime. I know he committed an ethical crime, with his racial stereotyping and aggressive behavior toward someone he didn't have enough facts about. How the fight all went down will remain a mystery. You can think he was a bubbleguming "hero," I'll continue to think he's a racist moron.

It's interesting that you're taking the racial approach on Zimmerman even though most first-hand opinion of him (defense intern, friends, family, and Fed/LEO evaluation) was that Zimmerman exhibits no racial disdain.

I see someone at night in a hoodie, hoodie-up walking around my neighborhood the last thing I care about is color. The only thing I care about is intent. Is that unnecessary suspicion? Possibly. Is it reasonable to assume that was George's position too? Absolutely.

It's interesting that you're taking the racial approach on Zimmerman even though most first-hand opinion of him (defense intern, friends, family, and Fed/LEO evaluation) was that Zimmerman exhibits no racial disdain.

I see someone at night in a hoodie, hoodie-up walking around my neighborhood the last thing I care about is color. The only thing I care about is intent. Is that unnecessary suspicion? Possibly. Is it reasonable to assume that was George's position too? Absolutely.

Do you think Martin was the only person to go walking around that neighborhood that month? Did Zimmerman have any of these aggressive 911 situations with any white people? I guarantee you Zimmerman's neighbors have friends and family that come and go. I also guarantee you that Zimmerman didn't know everyone who lived in his community personally. It wasn't until a BLACK kid went walking through the neighborhood that a problem arose.

That's racism, folks. I know you don't like the implications, but that's because everyone's a little racist to some degree, and we don't like the light shown on that little part of us.

Zimmerman have any of these aggressive 911 situations with any white people?

Yes! From people jumping over fences into pools, to suspicious vehicles driving around, and everything else you can think of. He was the neighborhood party kill. He called in everything. He did not, in any way, single out the black man.

That's racism, folks.

No, that's coincidence. Just because this one time it was a black man, does not make him racist. There is no history of racism. There is no recording of his saying anything racist. "He looks black" is the only thing he said Responding to the dispatcher question of, "Is he white, hispanic..?"

He did not single out the black guy. Zimmerman called in everything and everyone.

Do you think Martin was the only person to go walking around that neighborhood that month? Did Zimmerman have any of these aggressive 911 situations with any white people? I guarantee you Zimmerman's neighbors have friends and family that come and go. I also guarantee you that Zimmerman didn't know everyone who lived in his community personally. It wasn't until a BLACK kid went walking through the neighborhood that a problem arose.

That's racism, folks. I know you don't like the implications, but that's because everyone's a little racist to some degree, and we don't like the light shown on that little part of us.

No, he wasn't the only person walking through the neighborhood that month. I guess that is why some of Zim's PREVIOUS 911 calls were brought up. So, there goes yet another theory that was pulled from the arse. We now know that he called the cops previously. Funny that you wouldn't include that. Do you work for ABC?

The fact you are so stuck on race tells us you are the real racist.
You call racism with every other word.
Unbelievable !

My opinion on this is,

The racism question that gets brought up here is the wrong question about racism.

I could care less if gz hates black people. I suspect he and his family probably do.

The bigger question about racism is how is it a black unarmed teen, gets shot and the cops just let it go?

Why do people go out of there way to demonize a dead kid?

Why do racists race bait, by screaming "racism" when you try to have a discussion about race?

Unbelievable !

Taku: in that case your prolific use of the terms "leftist" " alinsky", " naive", "fascist", "black", etc must in turn mean that you are all of those things, right?

Did anyone see The Huffington Post' video interview of Rachael Jeantel(You know, the college scholarship winner) where she admits that Martin threw the first punch? I wonder what lies will be told to negate that. Or will we just continue to pretend that it didn't happen? The 19 year-old high school student heard and acknowledged Martin throwing the first punch at the creep *** cracker. Of course, all this really means is that I am racist.

You are correct, TM was probably not the first person to walk through that neighborhood, and he was also probably not the first person contacted by LE or the neighborhood watch.

If you think GZ was a "racist", what do you think TM was?

You might want to read what the judge did not allow the defense to state about TM ... like his history of getting into fights????

Florida judge limits texts, photos in Trayvon Martin case | Fox News

Your guarantees (sorry, "guarantees") show nothing whatsoever. And your last sentence in the first paragraph shows you watched none of the trial whatsoever and are just playing the part of a ninny.

I spent many years in the Military, and have met many people that were decidedly racist. We used to describe those guys as having a "chip on their shoulder".

Most of those so described were northern inner city blacks, not southern white kids. Southern blacks, Hispanic, Asian and white troops from anywhere where much less likely to carry that race chip then the northern inner city kids.

My experience would also lead me to think that a 2 parent household (any race) is the #1 reason that the troop was better able to socially adjust in the military and less likely to wear that chip. As a significant number of inner city blacks come from single parent households, that may contribute to this phenomenon.

I worked with one black guy in Vietnam that the ICB guys called an oreo...he got along with the white troops way better than the ICB troops. Maybe I should mention, I was regular Army while the draft was still active,

Yes! From people jumping over fences into pools, to suspicious vehicles driving around, and everything else you can think of. He was the neighborhood party kill. He called in everything. He did not, in any way, single out the black man.

No, that's coincidence. Just because this one time it was a black man, does not make him racist. There is no history of racism. There is no recording of his saying anything racist. "He looks black" is the only thing he said Responding to the dispatcher question of, "Is he white, hispanic..?"

He did not single out the black guy. Zimmerman called in everything and everyone.

No, he wasn't the only person walking through the neighborhood that month. I guess that is why some of Zim's PREVIOUS 911 calls were brought up. So, there goes yet another theory that was pulled from the arse. We now know that he called the cops previously. Funny that you wouldn't include that. Do you work for ABC?

You are correct, TM was probably not the first person to walk through that neighborhood, and he was also probably not the first person contacted by LE or the neighborhood watch.

If you think GZ was a "racist", what do you think TM was?

You might want to read what the judge did not allow the defense to state about TM ... like his history of getting into fights????

Florida judge limits texts, photos in Trayvon Martin case | Fox News

If Zimmerman had a history of calling the police on people doing literally nothing but walking back from the corner store, it's eluded me.

Your guarantees (sorry, "guarantees") show nothing whatsoever.

You spelled both of those the same way... do you have a problem with my word choice or something?

Do you think there's any probability that the things I'm stating as guarantees are not accurate?

Let's argue the points, not the way we argue.

Taku: in that case your prolific use of the terms "leftist" " alinsky", " naive", "fascist", "black", etc must in turn mean that you are all of those things, right?

What do you do renfield follow me around like a sick dog. Take your leftist crap and stuff it. There, is that the response you want. lmao.
You really are a pathetic individual.
You spend a week on another thread playing like you are the author of the alinsky playbook along with your buddy kevatc ad the rest of the leftist crowd. Is it that your methods dont work, are you bored, do I present a challenge to you, what the hell is with you turds. Ohhh that's right . You hang on the gun forums to disrupt and try to counter anything productive. Maybe I should just get you a leash and use you as a service dog.

What do you do renfield follow me around like a sick dog. Take your leftist crap and stuff it. There, is that the response you want. lmao.
You spend a week on another thread playing like you are the author of the alinsky playbook along with your buddy kevatc ad the rest of the leftist crowd. Is it that your methods dont work, are you bored, do I present a challenge to you, what the hell is with you turds. Ohhh that's right . You hang on the gun forums to disrupt and try to counter anything productive. Maybe I should just get you a leash and use you as a service dog.

Most of your posts seem to be personal attacks. Everyone throws a jab in there every once in a while, in a moment of self-gratification, but you don't appear to have anything else to say.

You should spend a day reading through your OWN posts, and try to develop your technique. Even people on your own side can't track once you start in with the paragraph-long leftisms.

Most of your posts seem to be personal attacks. Everyone throws a jab in there every once in a while, in a moment of self-gratification, but you don't appear to have anything else to say.

You should spend a day reading through your OWN posts, and try to develop your technique. Even people on your own side can't track once you start in with the paragraph-long leftisms.

You sure speak in sweeping phrases, but the only negativity is and has been towards idiot left wingers that cannot let a thread be posted they disagree with. A thread 90 % of the folks here actually get info from them but rubs those few wrong, so they spend a week with one liners and bullpucky designed to tear a thread down. You also do that. with repeats designed to make people react. Its worn out and obsolete alinsky leftist tactics and people get damned sick of it.
Other than that to the rest of the people I post to in a positive and respectful manner. But damned if I will to leftist jerks . They get what they dish out.

You sure speak in sweeping phrases, but the only negativity is and has been towards idiot left wingers that cannot let a thread be posted they disagree with. A thread 90 % of the folks here actually get info from them but rubs those few wrong, so they spend a week with one liners and bullpucky designed to tear a thread down. You also do that. with repeats designed to make people react. Its worn out and obsolete alinsky leftist tactics and people get damned sick of it.
Other than that to the rest of the people I post to in a positive and respectful manner. But damned if I will to leftist jerks . They get what they dish out.

Unbelievable !

You are possibly the least respectful person on this forum, which is in fact a firearms forum, yet 99% of your time is spent in here posting alarmist, sensationalist drivel. Unless the 1st Amendment has been abolished, we are all entitled to have our say about your posts, that you claim represent 95% of the people who use this forum! The only posts that appear to cause a reaction are the ones asking you questions and to clarify your statements, which you respond to with personal attacks and insults.

The volume of your self-contradictory, hypocritical, and general ignorance to people who share views that are not your own, is matched only by the insults and personal attacks that you post in retaliation to the simplest questions. God only knows what kind of a Marine you may or may not have been. The anonymity of the internet makes all kinds of people say brave things especially when they don't possess the fortitude to speak their mind face to face, that is one thing you personally should thank progress for.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top