JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While I feel a personal responsibility to ensure I make sound decisions while carrying my weapon, I have no legal duty not to check in on some unknown person in my neighborhood. I have no legal obligation to follow the directions of a non-emergency dispatcher. George Zimmerman, CHL or not, can follow anyone he wants so long as it does not cross the legal line into harassment. He has no duty to act according to anybody elses standards simply because he is exercising his Constitutional right.

Here we go again. Another person who must have received a badge, cape, and magic decoder ring when he decided to carry a gun. Responsibility is the same as it's always been. Gun or no gun, knife or no knife, fists of fury or no fists of fury. You're always responsible for your actions. Carrying a teddy bear, love beads, or whatever it is you'd like to choose, your responsibility is still the same. A thing has no responsibility and no ability to act on it's own. You alone are responsible for your actions.

I've just about had my fill of people who have had some epiphany concerning personal responsibility when they were issued a CHL and now think that they are somehow the moral compass of mankind. You were not knighted, anointed, blessed, beatified, or in any way shape or form changed when you received your CHL.

Are you seriously going to tell me that there is no difference in the level of responsibility between carrying a loaded gun and a teddy bear? Or that there is no difference between choosing a particular action based on the circumstances? That's pretty naive. I don't know why you can't just respond to my comment without insulting me. Just because you have a forum login does that mean you were knighted, anointed, blessed or beatified to insult someone's point of view?

All I said was that both Martin and Zimmerman made poor choices that day, responsibility was not followed by either man. And yes, I do hold to the fact that there is a greater level of responsibility when you're carrying a gun. The fact that laws in this country punish people in different ways based on the severity of the crime should be an indication that responsibility is acted upon on multiple levels. If I walk into a room full of children with a teddy bear, I'm going to act responsibly in a certain way. If I were to walk into that same room with a loaded gun, you'd better be damn sure my level of concern/responsibility will be much higher.

I think you can state an opinion contrary to my own without insulting me. You don't know me or my background, nor what circumstances I've experienced myself. Disagree with me if you like, but keep the insults to yourself. I don't see how that can add anything helpful to the discussion.

With that level of violence plus the fact that black males rape tens of thousands of white women every year, (virtually zero black females are raped by white males as per FBI statistics) can anyone blame whites for wanting to steer clear? Is that evil or just basic common sense?

Can you state a source for your rape statistic? I can't find anything to support that claim. Not saying it isn't true, just can't find any report and or study that supports it. I'd find it interesting, if true, sense over 80% of rapes are by an acquaintance, date or family member. In fact, the only information that I can find on rape/race disputes what you say.... I'm all for learning...

One of the few reports I can find has data from 1994 - I guess no one else is interested anymore:

"d. Offender Characteristics
In single-offender rape/sexual assault victimizations, Whites and Blacks were victimized most often by members of their own race (Whites by Whites, 78.4%; Blacks by Blacks, 83.5%).
Of the 39,989 multiple-offender rape/sexual assault victimizations in 1994, 84.8% involved only male offenders, and 6.8% involved male and female offenders. Female-only offenders were involved in 8.4% of victimizations.
Almost half of all multiple-offender rape/sexual assault victimizations had no age-of-offender distinction (44.8%), another 24% were committed by 12-20 year olds, and 15.2% by 21-29 year olds. Only 5.9% of those committed were by offenders 30 years of age and older. The age of 10.2% of victimizations by multiple-offenders was not known.
Forty-eight percent of all rapes/sexual assaults in 1994 were committed by an offender perceived to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, 27.9% were perceived to be not on drugs or alcohol, and in 23.9% of the incidents the use of drugs or alcohol was not known or could not be ascertained.
Half of all multiple-offender rape/sexual assault victimizations (49.4%) were committed by Whites, 29.5% by Blacks, 15.5% by mixed races, and 5.7% by other races than White or Black. Rates were not provided to allow for comparisons among the races.
Of the multiple-offender rape/sexual assault victimizations, 76% were committed by strangers." <broken link removed>

At the end of the day white, black, brown, green, red, yellow, blue or orange it you are partaking in neighborhood watch and patrolling around for mischief, your side arm should be your absolute last line of defense. If you are out patrolling you should be carrying a Taser, or pepper spray or some other line of defense to resort to before you reach for your pistol. If you feel your life is at risk then that is that and you are in the right to use deadly force but like I said there are just a plethora of non-lethal forces and actions that you can apply to prevent taking a life and to get yourself out of a situation.

GZ is total moron that got himself into a situation he wasn't trained to deal with. Trayvon made poor choices as well. The state overreached with murder 2 and couldn't prove it.

Are you seriously going to tell me that there is no difference in the level of responsibility between carrying a loaded gun and a teddy bear?... .

You, and others, are saying that a persons responsibility changes with whatever thing you have at your disposal. That is totally unacceptable. You cannot decide to cause harm to someone because you do not possess a handgun. Martin was not justified in attacking Zimmerman because he didn't have a gun.

You cannot abdicate your responsibility based on the actions of someone else. Specifically, you cannot say it was ok to attack someone because you did not have a gun and the other person got out of their car.

Nor was Zimmermans' responsibility either more or less because he did have a gun. Without fear for his life, Zimmerman did not have the authority to choke Martin to death, bash in Martins head with a 2 by 4, or cause him any other harm. Gun or no gun, MMA expert, god complex or no god complex, you are still 100% responsible for your actions.

quote: "....Or that there is no difference between choosing a particular action based on the circumstances?..."
That is a totally different issue. You are 100 percent responsible for your actions, regardless of the circumstances.

McGinn, Obama exploit Zimmerman case for anti-gun agenda

Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn wasted no time exploiting the outcome of the George Zimmerman case to push an anti-gun agenda on his Facebook page Sunday, joining other gun prohibitionists including President Barack Obama who are capitalizing on public emotion to call for new gun control efforts and once again play the race card.

<broken link removed>

Shocking!:s0112:

I know. I was stunned when I read that. I was so surprised that the Mayor would use this as a tool...totally out of character for him.

God forbid any citizens have more than a ball point pen to defend themselves against McGinn's trigger happy bunch. Seattle used to be a nice place to visit but its becoming an overpriced freak show under the reign of the bearded lady.

Brutus Out

Good great. I am not racist, nor a bigot, but anyone who wants to play tough guy on the my street, showing gang signs, playing the game is going to get confronted, called a homo (first amendment), then I will just sit back and exercise my right to defend myself. When the cops show up. No dead bodies, no guns, just some kids crying like little girls that got their asses handed to them.

Dude, you need to stop! You're displaying a serious case of what's known today as "common sense!" The person you also quoted needs to stop or else face an internet flogging by the masses as well as being called a racist! O NOES!

Sometimes I feel like the boy who spotted the PC Emperor with no clothes and I am seriously lacking control not to state the obvious

You want the real Trayvon Martin?

These were the texts from his phone the judge excluded from the trial...

Judge tosses Trayvon?s MMA texts

His own girlfriend had to ask him... FRIEND: Bae (=babe) y you always fightinqq man, you got suspended?

His girlfriend also complained, "Martin was "always" fighting. He was also something of a sadist. His opponent, after all, did not bleed enough."

His own mother KICKED HIM OUT OF HER HOUSE! Not to mention the multiple texts talking about weed, photos of weed plants, and him trying to acquire. Is that the good 17 yearold you keep hearing about?

The texts are pretty damning, he was punk and he died a punk.

It truly pains me people are true stupid to see the stone cold truth. If you were to show any Trayvon supporters these texts they would either say he was misunderstood or these were faked.

I am worried about the future and how these incredibly STUPID people actually have a vote. I only hope they're too lazy to actually make it to the voting station.

A proper education and parents that actually gave a damn would truly turn things, it's too bad we have reached the point that we are stuck with a society of stupid sheppard people.

I am worried about the future and how these incredibly STUPID people actually have a vote. I only hope they're too lazy to actually make it to the voting station.

A proper education and parents that actually gave a damn would truly turn things, it's too bad we have reached the point that we are stuck with a society of stupid sheppard people.

Da futsha be here rat now! The victim class is a permanent fixture now and growing larger, more stupid and more organized as a dependable Dem vote time and time again. The ones that get educated stick with the victim narrative whether they still believe it or not. There is profit to be made in keeping certain people down and organizing them. It truly is a vicious cycle that is bringing us down. If the conservatives don't get organized and stop waiting for the perfect candidates, the country can't survive as we knew it. In other words hold your nose and vote Republican or watch for more of this mess to continue.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews