JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Glad this distraction is over. Can we get back to the real obammy scandals.

justice-for-christopher.jpg

justice-for-christopher.jpg

You, and others, are saying that a persons responsibility changes with whatever thing you have at your disposal. That is totally unacceptable. You cannot decide to cause harm to someone because you do not possess a handgun. Martin was not justified in attacking Zimmerman because he didn't have a gun.

You cannot abdicate your responsibility based on the actions of someone else. Specifically, you cannot say it was ok to attack someone because you did not have a gun and the other person got out of their car.

Nor was Zimmermans' responsibility either more or less because he did have a gun. Without fear for his life, Zimmerman did not have the authority to choke Martin to death, bash in Martins head with a 2 by 4, or cause him any other harm. Gun or no gun, MMA expert, god complex or no god complex, you are still 100% responsible for your actions.

quote: "....Or that there is no difference between choosing a particular action based on the circumstances?..."
That is a totally different issue. You are 100 percent responsible for your actions, regardless of the circumstances.

It sounds like we're in agreement - both men are responsible for their actions that day. But things could have turned out differently if Zimmerman would have stayed in the car and let the police take care of things. Martin was not committing a crime, no one was in danger. Regardless of Martin's response to Zimmerman's presence, Zimmerman could have helped prevent the escalation of the situation if he had stayed put. He chose not to, and it got out of hand from there. Zimmerman was jacked up because he had it in his mind that this kid was responsible for the local robberies, something he had no evidence for other than his own fear and emotion. If he could have calmed down and let the police do their job, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Regardless whether Martin attacked Zimmerman or the other way around, the attack wouldn't have happened at all if Z would have stayed put. Would Martin have felt the need to attack someone if Z weren't following him? Maybe Martin felt threatened. Maybe he feared for his own life. We don't know because we only get one side of the story.

It sounds like we're in agreement - both men are responsible for their actions that day. But things could have turned out differently if Zimmerman would have stayed in the car and let the police take care of things. Martin was not committing a crime, no one was in danger. Regardless of Martin's response to Zimmerman's presence, Zimmerman could have helped prevent the escalation of the situation if he had stayed put. He chose not to, and it got out of hand from there. Zimmerman was jacked up because he had it in his mind that this kid was responsible for the local robberies, something he had no evidence for other than his own fear and emotion. If he could have calmed down and let the police do their job, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Regardless whether Martin attacked Zimmerman or the other way around, the attack wouldn't have happened at all if Z would have stayed put. Would Martin have felt the need to attack someone if Z weren't following him? Maybe Martin felt threatened. Maybe he feared for his own life. We don't know because we only get one side of the story.

It sounds as if you're saying that Martin really didn't have the intellect to make rational decisions. Furthermore, the assertion seems to be that it was up to Zimmerman to predict the actions of someone who only had the mental capacity to react and not evaluate. Interesting theory. Perhaps that helps to explain comments by the Martin family attorney, Sharpton, and Jackson. Now that I think of it, the Martin family attorney was very proud to label herself a "social architect".

I think the theory is demeaning to Martin and would not have come to that conclusion myself. However, considering the talk time it's being given, perhaps there's something to it.

Who profiled who? Check out DRUDGE REPORT 2013® for what Jeantel told Martin!
This gets dumber by the day.
JEANTEL WARNED ZIMMERMAN COULD BE GAY RAPIST
TRAYVON: NOT THAT KIND OF WAY
Tue Jul 16 2013 11:55:00 ET

Last night Trayvon Martin's friend Rachel Jeantel gave CNN her first interview since testifying in the George Zimmerman murder trial.

Jeantel opened up and let loose on the murder case that gripped that nation.

She explained to CNN's Piers Morgan how she warned her childhood friend that Zimmerman -- could be a gay rapist!

MORGAN: You felt that there was no doubt in your mind from what Trayvon was telling you on the phone about the creepy *** cracka and so on, that he absolutely believed that George Zimmerman, this man, you didn't know who he was at the time, but this man, was pursuing him?

JEANTEL: Yes.

MORGAN: And he was freaked out by it?

JEANTEL: Yes. Definitely after I say may be a rapist, for every boy, for every man, every -- who's not that kind of way, seeing a grown man following them, would they be creep out?

She continued:

"And people need to understand, he didn't want that creepy *** cracker going to his father or girlfriend's house to go get -- mind you, his little brother was there. You know -- now, mind you, I told you -- I told Trayvon it might have been a rapist."

Developing...

It has always been about race and always will. So long as people need a scapegoat for personal accountability, they will always have race up their sleve. This is a country where we are taught that we're born as victims.

Well, perhaps "some" of us are taught that. I was never taught that. My kids were never taught that. None of my friends has ever suggested he was taught that.

It sounds as if you're saying that Martin really didn't have the intellect to make rational decisions. Furthermore, the assertion seems to be that it was up to Zimmerman to predict the actions of someone who only had the mental capacity to react and not evaluate. Interesting theory. Perhaps that helps to explain comments by the Martin family attorney, Sharpton, and Jackson. Now that I think of it, the Martin family attorney was very proud to label herself a "social architect".

I think the theory is demeaning to Martin and would not have come to that conclusion myself. However, considering the talk time it's being given, perhaps there's something to it.

Not at all. I think both men were perfectly capable of making a rational decision that day. Unfortunately, neither did. The reason I put a bit more on Zimmerman is that there was no rational reason to get out of that car and start following Martin on foot. He wasn't committing any crime, so why the need to get out and follow the kid? Zimmerman assumed he knew what Martin was up to and made a judgment about him without anything more than his feeling that he was up to no good. That's not rational thinking, that's emotion trumping rationality. I know you don't agree with my point of view, but that's how I see it.

Who profiled who? Check out DRUDGE REPORT 2013® for what Jeantel told Martin!
This gets dumber by the day.

Jeantel is pure comedy gold! She is a real world example of why having a proper education is important. The prosecution's case against Zimmerman was worse than weak, at best, and putting Jeantel on the stand damaged their case even more. Given time, Trayvon would have become another black-on-black murder statistic. Nothing would have been said about it.

Seems to me he got himself out of the situation just fine.

I suppose if you think killing a teenager and spending a year defending your freedom and living out the rest of your days in fear of retaliation is "fine". Not to mention the guilt he has to have for knowing he forced the situation and it resulted in a death. He knows where he lied and fluffed the story to cover his *** and he has to live with that. I don't even think he was guilty of murder 2 but he's not innocent here. He made terrible decisions because hes an over zealous idiot and hes is fully aware of that.

Also I like how to some of you the texts of a 17yr old are more damning than GZ suppressed criminal charges of felony assault on an officer and resisting arrest with violence thanks to his daddy judge. again that doesnt make him guilty but playing by your rules clearly GZ is just as much of a hot headed thug as TM. Thats the real issue. Two hot heads collided and it never needed to happen.

I suppose if you think killing a teenager and spending a year defending your freedom and living out the rest of your days in fear of retaliation is "fine". Not to mention the guilt he has to have for knowing he forced the situation and it resulted in a death. He knows where he lied and fluffed the story to cover his *** and he has to live with that. I don't even think he was guilty of murder 2 but he's not innocent here. He made terrible decisions because hes an over zealous idiot and hes is fully aware of that.

Also I like how to some of you the texts of a 17yr old are more damning than GZ suppressed criminal charges of felony assault on an officer and resisting arrest with violence thanks to his daddy judge. again that doesnt make him guilty but playing by your rules clearly GZ is just as much of a hot headed thug as TM. Thats the real issue. Two hot heads collided and it never needed to happen.

Wow dude, way the cherry pick partial facts and leave out the details. GZ is in his 30's and had one blip on his record. The charges were overblown to begin with as he tried to prevent the police from arresting a friend. Hardly violent criminal activity. And in TM's 17 years, most of which he was incapable of getting in trouble, he racked up all sorts of problems. Yeah, I would say his texts indicating violent intent, drug culture and gang type aspirations, all taken in context, tell a lot more than one incident 10 years ago and a clear record since.

Yeah, I would say his texts indicating violent intent, drug culture and gang type aspirations, all taken in context, tell a lot more than one incident 10 years ago and a clear record since.

Obviously the State of Florida agreed with this too, otherwise, why would they have issued GZ a concealed carry permit? Thugs do not get concealed carry permits.

The felony arrest was in 2005. He was also accused by his wife of domestic violence that year. Who knows what that story is but its certainly not ancient history. Anyway the point is they both had things in their past but a lot of people focus solely on TM.

Jeantel is pure comedy gold! She is a real world example of why having a proper education is important. The prosecution's case against Zimmerman was worse than weak, at best, and putting Jeantel on the stand damaged their case even more. Given time, Trayvon would have become another black-on-black murder statistic. Nothing would have been said about it.

How can you be 19, born and raised in the United States and still have only the slightest grasp of the English language?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top