JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The focus is on TM because he was the one on top smashing GZ's head into the ground.

The evidence never supported that his head was being bashed into the ground. He had a scratch on his the back of his head. That was definitely puffed up to cover his ***. TM should have never hit him. I would never say that's ok. Its not however punishable by death as far as I am concerned and 17 yr olds should be able to make mistakes and not be shot in the chest. No matter how much you spin it it was not a good shoot.

... No matter how much you spin it it was not a good shoot.

As it turns out, you are incorrect. Even the way the prosecution "spun it" they couldn't convince the jury that it wasn't a good shoot.

But for the sake of discussion, at what point would you consider it to be a good shoot? After your head is smashed into the pavement hard enough for you to deem it smashing? Or after 10 punches to the head? Or after you start to lose consciousness? Or after the attacker goes for your gun?

When does it become justified to shoot in your opinion? Because the legal definition is when you are in fear for your life or great bodily harm. GZ made that decision, and the jury agreed.

The evidence never supported that his head was being bashed into the ground. He had a scratch on his the back of his head. That was definitely puffed up to cover his ***. TM should have never hit him. I would never say that's ok. Its not however punishable by death as far as I am concerned and 17 yr olds should be able to make mistakes and not be shot in the chest. No matter how much you spin it it was not a good shoot.

I'll ignore the comment that implies that 17 year olds cannot cause anyone any real harm. But know that this has much farther reaching implications than just this case. Just look at the move to remove the stand your ground laws. How would this affect other assaults. Let's use rape as an example. Using your logic, a little bleeding down there, a broken nose, and a few missing teeth are no justification for using a gun to protect yourself against a 17 year old. Furthermore, getting out of your car can be construed as more proof that you were looking for trouble.

The ramifications are very real. This is a perfect example of a slippery slope. We've seen the ultra libs blow something out of proportion to get what they really want. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to see them using this as another springboard for more restrictive gun control laws and their ultimate goal of confiscation. And that's just one of the goals. Ultimately, it's about total control.

I'll ignore the comment that implies that 17 year olds cannot cause anyone any real harm.

I have seen others outside this forum also imply 17 year olds cant be dangerous. As a senior in high school ( 17 ) I was bench pressing 225 ( 10x4 ) and knew lots of football players doing the same. I still go to the gym daily and during summer routinely see high school kids working out with big weight. Alot of times it's with poor form, and more than they could handle but it's easily much more than most folks who do not exercise can do.

I moved up here 1 year ago this month. The week before I left I was working out with a " kid " that just graduated a month prior. He was drafted by some Australian rugby team and was due to start training about the time I was packing my truck coming up here. He was repping out 315 pounds 10 times for multiple sets. Complete animal. I am pretty strong but this kid would have absolutely killed me in a violent confrontation. I wouldn't stand a chance. Fast , very strong, and spent all his free time on a field laying people out.

My point is , age doesn't matter. A 17 year old " kid " can be a very dangerous advisory.

Pretty amazing we are all as a culture still talking about this. A jury of our peers found Zimmerman not guilty based on EVIDENCE, not emotion. We have a federal government monitoring every piece of our communications, and zimmrman and kanyes baby are the big bubbleguming news.

God help us.

I'll ignore the comment that implies that 17 year olds cannot cause anyone any real harm. But know that this has much farther reaching implications than just this case. Just look at the move to remove the stand your ground laws. How would this affect other assaults. Let's use rape as an example. Using your logic, a little bleeding down there, a broken nose, and a few missing teeth are no justification for using a gun to protect yourself against a 17 year old. Furthermore, getting out of your car can be construed as more proof that you were looking for trouble.

The ramifications are very real. This is a perfect example of a slippery slope. We've seen the ultra libs blow something out of proportion to get what they really want. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to see them using this as another springboard for more restrictive gun control laws and their ultimate goal of confiscation. And that's just one of the goals. Ultimately, it's about total control.

Obumma is already using it to push for more gun control.
Truth and reality do not exist in this administration, his czars or with his cult followers.

How can you be 19, born and raised in the United States and still have only the slightest grasp of the English language?

Why, according to some sources, she speaks the Queen's English with just the use of regional slang....it is us white folk that don't understand where she's coming from, don't you know. We be old skool, she's young skool....

you are in denial

AHEM.. there was a case in the US NE where a 6 year old black boy brought a 32 auto to class, put it to her head, screamed I HATE YOU and shot a 5 year old white girl to death after she rejected his previous advances.. saying a 17 year old isn't potentially dangerous is pure idiocy

I have seen others outside this forum also imply 17 year olds cant be dangerous. As a senior in high school ( 17 ) I was bench pressing 225 ( 10x4 )

Shortly after my 17th birthday I was in Basic Training. We have 17-year-olds in Afghanistan right now carrying M4s and dodging Taliban and IEDs.

More to the point, suppose that Zimmerman hadn't shot, that right at the moment He was about to draw the gun, Martin got off him and ran home, only to be arrested later for the assault. He would have been charged with felony assault (broken nose=very likely felony) and because he's 17 would have (In Washington anyway) automatically be declined for Juvenile court and be tried as an adult.

So anyone implying that Martin was a "little boy" or "harmless" is either lying or so clueless they shouldn't bother opening their pie-hole.

Holder is playing the race card. Zimmerman is only half white. Obama is also half white. Why is Obama considered black and Zimmerman is considered white and not Hispanic? Possibly because Holder is a racist with an agenda.

Holder is playing the race card. Zimmerman is only half white. Obama is also half white. Why is Obama considered black and Zimmerman is considered white and not Hispanic? Possibly because Holder is a racist with an agenda.

It is a Disinformation tactic that they are using to further their agenda.
Why is America tolerating this ??????????????
Their playbook comes right out of the old Soviet Union.

Good explanation of their tactics. at this link
Obama?s race-baiting on Trayvon ?political tactic?

Not that it matters for this discussion of leftist dogma and tactics but obamas mother was jewish

I have seen others outside this forum also imply 17 year olds cant be dangerous. As a senior in high school ( 17 ) I was bench pressing 225 ( 10x4 ) and knew lots of football players doing the same. I still go to the gym daily and during summer routinely see high school kids working out with big weight. Alot of times it's with poor form, and more than they could handle but it's easily much more than most folks who do not exercise can do.

I moved up here 1 year ago this month. The week before I left I was working out with a " kid " that just graduated a month prior. He was drafted by some Australian rugby team and was due to start training about the time I was packing my truck coming up here. He was repping out 315 pounds 10 times for multiple sets. Complete animal. I am pretty strong but this kid would have absolutely killed me in a violent confrontation. I wouldn't stand a chance. Fast , very strong, and spent all his free time on a field laying people out.

My point is , age doesn't matter. A 17 year old " kid " can be a very dangerous advisory.

Pretty amazing we are all as a culture still talking about this. A jury of our peers found Zimmerman not guilty based on EVIDENCE, not emotion. We have a federal government monitoring every piece of our communications, and zimmrman and kanyes baby are the big bubbleguming news.

God help us.

Anyone that says a 17 year old kid can't be dangerous, hasn't spent much time around 17 year olds. I worked in juvenile corrections with kids who were almost identical to Trayvon in every way. Kids can be vicious fighters and are a hell of a lot quicker to fight than an adult would ever be - especially if that kid is gang affiliated.

Jeantel is pure comedy gold! She is a real world example of why having a proper education is important. The prosecution's case against Zimmerman was worse than weak, at best, and putting Jeantel on the stand damaged their case even more. Given time, Trayvon would have become another black-on-black murder statistic. Nothing would have been said about it.

She's a racist homophobe but the CNN spin machine is going full tilt making her a hero of some kind, another victim of society. We are supposed to give her bigoted remarks a pass because of her oppressed background. Piers thinks he has another Susan Boyle on his hands to pull up from the gutter and make famous her hidden talents. The whole CNN whites in America are the problem thing has been getting on my nerves for awhile, now on top of everything else we are responsible for Jeantal's lack of education and skewed view of the world.
CNN, MSNBC, NBC and the bleeding heart libs who give the Jesse Jacksons and Al Sharptons A platform to speak their BS is why Jeantal is the way she is! And the way she is, is inexcusable! I predict she'll have her own reality show though. Just another sign of the times.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top