JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some recent threads has got me thinking of getting back into coyote hunting. I did a bit of some of that as a teenager/young adult and enjoyed said. Until then, I thought it might be neat to have a thread devoted to coyote hunting rifles. So, what do you use?

That takes me back. As a young person, I had a "loaner" hunting rifle in the form a of sporterized Krag in the old .30/40. The action was so smooth. :)
I've got two! One is an old one that I bought from my Dad as a teen for $50 bucks. I sold it to my brother, 40 yrs ago, for $50 bucks. 40 years later, brother offered me that old rifle for fifty bucks. I bought it. Just recently, he offered me another 30-40 sporterized with a scope. I said yes! Now I have two! Love both of them. And both still dead on.

Funny, he had a problem with the bolt not staying in the closed position. Kept popping up. So, he embedded a magnet into the stock to help keep the bolt down. Ingenious! It worked!

My favorite coyote gun is my AR-15 in 6.8spc 16" pacnor barrel ,jewell trigger ,Nikon monarch gold 1.5x6x42 scope.
IMG_0723.jpg

andys-hawken.jpg
I have a rifle I use for just about all my hunting.
( And yes , I never tire of posting pics of it :) )
It is my Hawken Rifle Copy.
.54 caliber. 80 grains of 2F , a .15 patch and a .530 round ball takes care of most anything.
Andy

Last Edited:
I've got two! One is an old one that I bought from my Dad as a teen for $50 bucks. I sold it to my brother, 40 yrs ago, for $50 bucks. 40 years later, brother offered me that old rifle for fifty bucks. I bought it. Just recently, he offered me another 30-40 sporterized with a scope. I said yes! Now I have two! Love both of them. And both still dead on.

Funny, he had a problem with the bolt not staying in the closed position. Kept popping up. So, he embedded a magnet into the stock to help keep the bolt down. Ingenious! It worked!

Say what?!

Teenager buys gun, sells to brother 40 years later = 53-59yrs. old

Brother sells back 40 years later = 93-99yrs. old

Wait.... OK, now I get it. I thought (for a moment) you might be a Warlock that drinks newborn baby blood to preserve yourself! :eek:

:D

My 6.8SPC that I built with deer and 'yotes in mind... when I can get back around to (seriously) hunting in another year (or two)

Essential Arms lower, Stag Arms 20" 6.8SPC upper, Leupold-AR 1.5-4x24, A2 style 45* offset BUIS, Hogue free-float, Magpul fixed stock, CAA pistol-grip, simple bi-pod... nothin' too special, just all business. ;)

IMG_0054.JPG

Last Edited:
I found a bull barrel Winchester Mod 70 in .243 win that really knocks them head over tail! Also use my CG 63 in 6.5X55 Swede. Most shots are longer, but when I can, I have an Old Rem 40X in .222 with a Heart Barrel and Red Field 6x18X50 that refuses to miss:)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top