JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Heard about this this morning. Wow, what a potentially poor business decision considering how many sportsmen/hunters love Yeti coolers.

Why don't these companies just stay out of politics in the first place?

I have to wonder, if the leftists anti's are putting pressure on them, how many of the leftist anti's are buying Yeti coolers? More than those that support gun rights? That's quite a gamble to make.

Well, I've never bought their coolers, but I hope their choice bites them in their arctic-chilled butts.

Too bad for them. I have 2 yeti coolers, and they are nice. I started into their stuff a long time ago, when there were VERY few options for this type of product. I may do differently next time, if they continue to back down on NRA support.
Amazing how a business STOPPING support to something political can be bad for them, but if they had stayed out of politics in the first place they likely wouldn't get the negative press.

I read the OP, then sent an email to Yeti telling them neither I nor my friends & family will support companies who don't support our Constitutional rights. Then I bought 2 Orca SS cups online.
:s0133:

Cordova Coolers vs Yeti - Is This New Cooler Better Than Yeti?

Scott Campbell from Milton-Freewater- now in Boise -makes these coolers. I've sent an email requesting their stance on the NRA and the 2A, so looking forward to their reply. For those who don't know, he used to skipper a crab boat on Deadliest Catch before back problems took him out of that industry. They look good to me, but I need to know where they stand before doing business with them.

Yeti makes great products !

I think on a business standpoint probably right to distance them self's from the NRA seeing there not in the gun business & get away from political stuff !

At the end of the day.. doesn't effect me :rolleyes:

Cordova Coolers vs Yeti - Is This New Cooler Better Than Yeti?

Scott Campbell from Milton-Freewater- now in Boise -makes these coolers. I've sent an email requesting their stance on the NRA and the 2A, so looking forward to their reply. For those who don't know, he used to skipper a crab boat on Deadliest Catch before back problems took him out of that industry. They look good to me, but I need to know where they stand before doing business with them.

And here's Scott's reply:

Ron,

I am a lifetime member of the NRA and so is my partner in the business. We absolutely support the second amendment. Thanks for being a fan of the show.

Thanks,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone

So there we are, a home grown supporter offering steep competition to Yeti. I'm now a fan of his products as well.

Ron,

I am a lifetime member of the NRA and so is my partner in the business. We absolutely support the second amendment. Thanks for being a fan of the show.

Thanks,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone

So there we are, a home grown supporter offering steep competition to Yeti. I'm now a fan of his products as well.

If I ever need to buy a cooler, I'll bookmark them for my business.

Ron,

Thanks,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone

I sent him a link to this post and he asked me to let you all know they'll be making an announcement in support of the NRA this Monday:

Yes I have seen this. Monday we are making an announcement of our support for NRA. Please pass this along. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

For those looking for a decent cup, the Ozark Trail (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-30-Ounce-Double-Wall-Vacuum-Sealed-Tumbler/171452737) work just fine for cold stuff. I put ice in my cup at 7:00am and it is still there at 3:30 when I head home. That more than meets my expectations for a $7 cup.

I think I read somewhere that Yeti is actually suing Walmart, who owns this brand over these cups. I'm not a big Walmart fan, but $7 for a cup hurts my feelings a lot less than a $40 Yeti.

For those looking for a decent cup, the Ozark Trail (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-30-Ounce-Double-Wall-Vacuum-Sealed-Tumbler/171452737) work just fine for cold stuff. I put ice in my cup at 7:00am and it is still there at 3:30 when I head home. That more than meets my expectations for a $7 cup.

I think I read somewhere that Yeti is actually suing Walmart, who owns this brand over these cups. I'm not a big Walmart fan, but $7 for a cup hurts my feelings a lot less than a $40 Yeti.

I admit to being a big YETI cooler fan (as I said, I have two), but I also have a Walmart Ozark trail $7 cup. Oh do love that thing! I use it nearly daily. So a $400 yeti cooler and a $600 yeti cooler that I use each twice maybe three times a year, vs. a $7 ozark trail cup I used 5 days a week. Hmmm, I may need to rethink my life.

@Vaultman, I'm liking your avatar. It shows you're a kind and gentle spirit like me. :cool:

Oh yeah, I wouldn't buy any of their spendy stuff before this, so no loss to me.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews