JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Even if they did pull support, is it possible the company was just making a business decision?

Moot point now but we should be more careful of the conclusions we come to.

Even if they did pull support, is it possible the company was just making a business decision?

Moot point now but we should be more careful of the conclusions we come to.

They have smart people working for them and if they did this for the vague reasons stated someone would have said this is the wrong time for this to fly without major backlash.

They are in a tough spot now and they know it.I know where i stand and it is not with Yeti.

Don't go destroy your yeti stuff just yet they have came out and said it is FAKE NEWS but have to wait and see what happens

3B103669-4B8A-40A4-AFAC-1C740F7AED9C.jpeg

From a reliable social media source.

I have a Yeti drink cup I got as a freebie and like it a lot.

Not going either way on this one, at least yet, but I'd just recommend doing the due diligence before making a judgment. First, seek to understand.

Don't go destroy your yeti stuff just yet they have came out and said it is FAKE NEWS but have to wait and see what happens

You know, if I had previously purchased one of the overpriced Yeti products, I wouldn't destroy it and waste the money I'd spent on it, instead I would get sticker's from one of their competitors and cover the Yeti logo with it.

Ray

You know, if I had previously purchased one of the overpriced Yeti products, I wouldn't destroy it and waste the money I'd spent on it, instead I would get sticker's from one of their competitors and cover the Yeti logo with it.

Ray
That's what I just said to my sister I would just cover up the name

pelicanproud-600x600.jpg

Only a couple things concern me.
A company promoting drinking while shooting. After people, after.
Sitting in a truck with an open container. Yep you can get charged for that.
Bud Light.

here you go:

Contact Us | YETI

YETI

CORPORATE OFFICE
7601 Southwest Parkway
Austin, TX 78735
1-512-394-9384

Shameless plug for Cordova: They're on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...argid=kwd-305574545422&ref=pd_sl_2r32oj0ki1_e
Just saw this, I contacted them and told them I was just about to buy one of their coolers as my current Igloo is ready for replacement. Told them I'll buy the RTIC instead. Who knew they had an idiot in marketing thinking this would "Help" them.

If YETI did want to cut ties specifically with the NRA, they should own up to it. People would respect them more for it, even if it's a position they don't support.

If YETI wasn't specifically targeting the NRA, someone at their marketing or brand relations department screwed the pooch royally.

I was buying stuff from RTIC anyway. YETI is overpriced, Pelican is overpriced and they failed design school, RTIC is a little more reasonable on the wallet and looks just like a YETI. Coleman Marine coolers will also do the job just fine and you can buy 5-6 of those for the price of one YETI.

Here's a quick comparison of ~65 qt coolers:

Tundra 65 Hard Cooler | YETI

Pelican™ 70QT Elite Cooler

Shop RTIC 65 - White

70 Quart Coastal Xtreme Series™ Marine Cooler

Too bad for them. I have 2 yeti coolers, and they are nice. I started into their stuff a long time ago, when there were VERY few options for this type of product. I may do differently next time, if they continue to back down on NRA support.
Amazing how a business STOPPING support to something political can be bad for them, but if they had stayed out of politics in the first place they likely wouldn't get the negative press.

Good customers like you should let them know they should rethink their poor decision.

Well, it looks like the NRA-ILA responded to Yeti's damage control statement...............

NRA-ILA | ALERT ! YETI Adds Insult to Injury

I'm not sure which side is telling the truth, but with resent events being what they are (businesses cutting ties), I'm more apt to believe the NRA and think that Yeti wasn't prepared for the fallout and is trying to save face.

Ray

Well, it looks like the NRA-ILA responded to Yeti's damage control statement...............

NRA-ILA | ALERT ! YETI Adds Insult to Injury

I'm not sure which side is telling the truth, but with resent events being what they are (businesses cutting ties), I'm more apt to believe the NRA and think that Yeti wasn't prepared for the fallout and is trying to save face.

Ray

Me, too.

Former NRA President Doubles Down: Yeti Demanded NRA Cease Using Cooler Company Logo After Parkland

It is amazing to me how if you read both companies statements though they seem to contradict one another, neither of them say things that are directly conflicting. As an example, something like this (All quotes taken from previous posts or links within this thread.):
NRA: "...They have declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities..."
YETI: "...Yeti continues to activly support hunters, anglers, and the broader outdoor community."
NRA: "...YETI has declined to do business with The NRA Foundation saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why..."
YETI: "... we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations..."

If you read these statements, they could all be true in the sense of the word as used today (True used to mean something a little different back in the day).

Honestly, if you think about it, the NRA is for gun enthusiasts, and YETI is for outdoor enthusiasts. They are NOT the same, and are certainly separable.

Here's NRA response to YETI 'news release':

The NRA-ILA's retort to Yeti's pathetic, whoops we had no idea this bubblegum was going viral response...

DATE: April 24, 2018
TO: USF & NRA Member and Friends
USF Executive Director
NRA Past President

If it wasn't bad enough that YETI dropped The NRA Foundation as a client, now they're calling us liars because we informed our members and friends of their actions.

The NRA Foundation has over 1,100 "Friends of NRA Committees" around the country. These committees host banquets and auctions that are attended by hundreds of thousands of guests each year. These events raise funds to support charitable causes and programs. The NRA Foundation supports the needs of youth programs for education, safety and training, as well as law enforcement needs, shooting ranges and conservation programs.

For many years we have purchased coolers from YETI for our auctions. We have auctioned off many thousands of YETI coolers each year. YETI recently dropped The NRA Foundation as a client. Not only would they not take our orders for more coolers, they forced us to cancel orders already in the system that they said they would not fill.

Three days after we notified you of YETI's decision to drop The NRA Foundation, YETI issued their prepared statement in which they admit they dropped us but claim they simply eliminated the discount program and dropped other (unnamed) organizations as well. That's news to us.

Perhaps the people writing YETI's damage control statements are not talking to the people who enforced YETI's decisions and refused our orders. We had even offered the YETI Roadie in one of our sponsorship levels for 2018 – which we've had to cancel.

We told you the truth.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads