JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was this law really written to make people like me, a guy who is in his 60's,never been arrested ( that thing with an MP back in '71 doesn't count ) and has a CPL, into law breakers ? Cause that is what it is doing.:mad::mad::mad:

In a word... yes. Make no mistake, it's wording was cleverly crafted to allow capricious and draconian decisions be levied against the non conformists. It is how social progressives operate.

this is not the loophole you're looking for. a type 6 ffl needs to register with the state department under ITAR, $2250/yr even if you don't manufacture any ammo. this is a state deparment regulation, not atf.

I think we had this discussion before. ITAR is not required for shotgun ammo, so that's one option. I'm extremely interested in building custom shotgun shells and loads for exotic applications. Might make a cool business, and the 594 thing is just a side benefit.

*(a) Ammunition for the arms in Categories I and II of this section. (See § 121.6.)

(b) Components, parts, accessories, and attachments for articles in paragraph (a) of this category, including but not limited to cartridge cases, powder bags, bullets, jackets, cores, shells (excluding shotgun shells), projectiles, boosters, fuzes and components therefor, primers, and other detonating devices for such ammunition. (See § 121.6.)

manufacturing any kind of ammo for sale is going to need liability insurance. you'll also need a business license and make sure you aren't violating any zoning requirements.

this isn't a simple $30 loophole as some are hoping.

You can get a small business license for free in WA, if you don't make a lot of money. County regs can eff you over, but the state is good with small business. As for the rest of the licensing... well... with any luck, there will be some challenges.
I wish the NRA had actually done a tenth of what they claim they did to fight 594.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top