JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I for one am thankful that the ammunition manufacturers come out with videos every week assuring us that they are busy making money as fast as possible and for us not to be concerned with not being able to find ammo on the shelves.

Would you rather they sang "Imagine" to us?

Talking with my wife about the high prices on ammo, I said "I wonder how high it'll go?"

She says there are probably people placing bets on that question.

Two bucks for a shotgun shell is pretty high. I wonder if it'll get up to 5?

Pump, spring and PCP are other options.
I spent the past 2 weeks reading up on the PCP technology and possibilities...seeing as how
I still (only) have my Sheridan pump rifle. Very impressive. But what has turned me off
so far has been the cost to gear up (rifle, pump, tank...). Fortunately, ammo prices haven't
scared me off.

Just like the housing market everything goes in waves.

Learn you don't need to fall into the fear trap.
and spend3 times the amount or more on guns or ammo.
If you just drop in places like Bimart and buy some ammo here and there if you need it then fine

Otherwise wait 6mth to a year and start buying up as normal.

We've gone throughthis so many times over the last 12 years or more.

Practice patience. Or just continue to watch the news, youtube vids, and social media that says the world is falling.

2D626ED2-3F54-427E-9A49-4F56FA081E9D.jpeg

Just a minor point of information: ammo is extremely scarce in ALL parts of Idaho and Montana and thanks to the internet the "deals" are lacking. A few stores have it from time to time but like elsewhere there is a drought. Opportunists abound!
A little while back the local SW Idaho BiMart was holding back ammo for those who bought handguns....I think they could buy 2-boxes for each handgun. Also, a little known deal is some sporting goods department folks call their buddies and let them know when the ammo arrives and hold it back for them.

Well, I have been wanting to build a tabletop railgun for some time now. I might skip the air and use magnetic fields.

Besides, I have a genuine curiosity about floating things in a magnetic field. Anything can be floated with enough field. Frogs have been floated in magnetic fields.
Launching scrap titanium round stock?
That would be awesome.

I fear that for many.....
Even if/when prices get back to more like "normal".....
They will be prevented from buying through the internet sellers (think CA).

Thank your legislature.

Aloha, Mark

It has been years since I bought a box of ammo - I reload everything. The reloading supplies in the area are gone - I figure I could go four years without buying reloading supplies. It has certainly got difficult to get into new calibers.

....something good can come from your mistake: Now that you realize how much it sucks to be sitting there thinking "coulda shoulda woulda", make sure you're NOW thinking about having plenty of food, water, prescription meds, and other essentials stored away for lean times.

Otherwise, the day may come when you're going to be like 95+% of the population who is waiting and fighting in food lines after a natural disaster, economic catastrophe, or other "black swan" event.

^^^ Best post of the thread. ^^^ Ammo will eventually come back (I'm trying to be positive). To our new brothers and sisters in arms who just bought a firearm, buy a few boxes for now, it's still available, enough to do some practice and have some left over (pick it up on the ammunition for sale" section on NW Firearms -link below, don't get greedy if you find a deal as most of it is selling below what you can get online, leave some for other new folks), then sit back and re-read what Maxwelledison noted here. Don't be caught unawares and forced to stand in a food line while riots break out.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/classifieds/ammunition/

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top