JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
9f8c242205674b68.png

Loading it after a couple burps is a PIA anyway... wish those were easier to load.

Too right. Actually, since the Covid thing, my grandson hasn't been over here much. He was the real consumer of CO2 cartridges. Using a Umarex Glock 19 replica. Which works really well. But also a pain in the buttocks to load.

Just a minor point of information: ammo is extremely scarce in ALL parts of Idaho and Montana and thanks to the internet the "deals" are lacking. A few stores have it from time to time but like elsewhere there is a drought. Opportunists abound!

Yep. I love living in the sticks, but during an ammo crisis, you are at a distinct disadvantage to those living in areas with lots of retail choices.

It kills me when people claim there is ammo out there and you just have to keep checking local stores. Yeah... There's ONE local store that sells pistol ammo, primers, powder, and bullets, and it's been picked over since October.

IMG_20210112_161350926.jpg

The next area with more than one place to buy ammo and components is 50 miles away. I've tried calling ahead to see if they have something I need. I was told they did, but if I wasn't there in the next 15 minutes, it was likely going to be gone.

I'll be driving through 5 Western states on a road trip in a month and plan on stopping at every gun shop I see to look for reloading components.

Airguns (pump and co2), airsoft have the advantage of lower cost (per round) and don't make a lot of sound to alert your neighbors if they are worrisome. Those .22 caliber steel target are fun to shot and you get audio confirmation of the hit. If you want to collect the 'lead' it is possible to build or buy a trap that will. Note: beware of 'bounce back' when you are shooting - safety glasses are a must!

Yep. I love living in the sticks, but during an ammo crisis, you are at a distinct disadvantage to those living in areas with lots of retail choices.

It kills me when people claim there is ammo out there and you just have to keep checking local stores. Yeah... There's ONE local store that sells pistol ammo, primers, powder, and bullets, and it's been picked over since October.

View attachment 817853

The next area with more than one place to buy ammo and components is 50 miles away. I've tried calling ahead to see if they have something I need. I was told they did, but if I wasn't there in the next 15 minutes, it was likely going to be gone.

I'll be driving through 5 Western states on a road trip in a month and plan on stopping at every gun shop I see to look for reloading components.
When I have found myself in a similar situation (E. Washington), if I phone a store and they have what I want in stock, I immediately pay for it using a card over the phone and pick it up next time I am in that town.

Too right. Actually, since the Covid thing, my grandson hasn't been over here much. He was the real consumer of CO2 cartridges. Using a Umarex Glock 19 replica. Which works really well. But also a pain in the buttocks to load.
Yeah, the Umarex is cool, but I shoot my P365 replica a lot more often.

Yeah, the Umarex is cool, but I shoot my P365 replica a lot more often

We have the Glock BB gun mostly because I also have the Glock 19 in 9mm. I thought for my grandson, the closer to reality the better.

We had a Umarex P.08 Luger BB pistol with the cycling toggle but that one had to go back, after a short while, it stopped working properly.

I bought a TX 22 on Monday. Great little gun. But the great part is the store that sold it to me has bare ammo shelves and is chronically out of any useful ( to me) calibers. I was elated (but poker faced) when he offered me a brick of 525 rnds for 40 bucks. Hell yes I'll take it!

We have the Glock BB gun mostly because I also have the Glock 19 in 9mm. I thought for my grandson, the closer to reality the better.

We had a Umarex P.08 Luger BB pistol with the cycling toggle but that one had to go back, after a short while, it stopped working properly.
I got my P365 for about the same reason, needed to teach a new shooter. Watched my gf grab the frame like it was a rifle, then decided she needs to learn fundamentals.
Best part is, it was only $6.99 for 2500 rounds. ;)

I was quite amazed at the size of some of the modern airgun projectiles out there. Imma like areyoukiddingme??!! At PCP velocities, a 50 cal can be pushing close to 400 ft lbs. I'm amazed but can't even afford the 30 cal rifles so if I ever get one, it'll probably be 25 cal or so in a carbine....if, I can afford a pump and carbon fiber portable tank.

I bought a TX 22 on Monday. Great little gun. But the great part is the store that sold it to me has bare ammo shelves and is chronically out of any useful ( to me) calibers. I was elated (but poker faced) when he offered me a brick of 525 rnds for 40 bucks. Hell yes I'll take it!
Lol. New way to get ammo, you have to buy a gun!

I was quite amazed at the size of some of the modern airgun projectiles out there. Imma like areyoukiddingme??!! At PCP velocities, a 50 cal can be pushing close to 400 ft lbs. I'm amazed but can't even afford the 30 cal rifles so if I ever get one, it'll probably be 25 cal or so in a carbine....if, I can afford a pump and carbon fiber portable tank.

I've seen buffalo cleanly dropped by the big bores

Some people are really nice. In this world they tend to get $crewed
You may not realize it but many of those people have dealt with one another over the years.
They have real names, know where each other live, phone numbers and even some people who don't know others hear shining reviews from some when they are out shooting together.

That's grass roots networking at its finest. Been around here long enough to know who I'd have at my supper table.

And many of those deals don't end up with feedback because who needs it when it is two amigos buying, selling or trading? Looking at somebody's feedback won't give you any clue.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top