JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
That is what it's all about. Situational awareness. Sorry, I'm not getting off the freeway on Martin Luther King blvd. at night. Period. I grew up in Detroit (the big one in Michigan, not the little one in Oregon), and for us it was Rosa Parks Blvd. You just didn't go there. On the West Side. On the East Side, it's Mack Ave.. You just DON'T. Be smart. Be aware. Have your head on a swivel.
Grew up at Six Mile and Livernois, brother!
Also lived at Cadieux and Warren for a few years, talk about a S-hole!

Last Edited:
Seems like your choices are 2 (with wild card #3)

1) Stay in the locked car and call 911
And hope the cavalry arrives before they start breaking glass.

2) Try to get to the market, call 911 and hunker down.

3) Avoid the barren gas station in the unsavory part of town, especially at that hour in the first place.

Now, what would YOU do ?

Three

A thousand times , #3!

It wasn't a robbery, it was a theft of a wallet.
I didn't read anything here that would justify shooting someone, so I would stay in my car and call 911 until someone justified the skinning of my smoke wagon!

I don't mind embellishing my situation to elicit a faster response.

Hello, state my location, half dozen individuals are trying to force my wife/ child/ etc. Into their vehicle.
Please help me.

Yes ,I would misinterpret the intentions of my assailants for attempting an abduction. F'ing sue me later.
Better yet you ALLWAYS say you saw a gun or thought you did when the police show

Gifting a gun to someone or buying a gun for someone else is not the same thing as filling out a 4473 for someone else who is too lazy to come down and pick it up at a dealer. Relative or no relative.
If I tell my wife to go pick up a gun and fill out the 4473 and bring it back home and I immediately take possession of it and carry it and for all intents and purposes, solely use it, still, according to the law, none of that was illegal or a straw purchase.

Man douses attackers from gas pump

Only thing the guy at the pump could've done to make that defense more effective would have been to toss a lit road flare into the open door of the minivan. Woulda kept those phuq'rz from ever trying that shjt again.

Last Edited:
If I tell my wife to go pick up a gun and fill out the 4473 and bring it back home and I immediately take possession of it and carry it and for all intents and purposes, solely use it, still, according to the law, none of that was illegal or a straw purchase.
If she picks up the gun for you yes, its a straw purchase. Case law out the yin yang to back that up. If she buys the gun for herself and gives it to you as a gift thats a different story.

If she picks up the gun for you yes, its a straw purchase. Case law out the yin yang to back that up. If she buys the gun for herself and gives it to you as a gift thats a different story.
Naturally by her filling out the 4473 she is buying it for herself, since it states such on the 4473, then I could use it as much as I want regardless of who bought it. Since we are talking about a situation of husband and wife, since Washington sees ownership as equally shared between spouses of tangible possessions and real property, as soon as either of us buy a gun, it would be legally half the other person's anyway.

Straw purchases are more relevant to situations where a person has intent to deliver a firearm to a prohibited person after purchase.

Ironically, the government barely if at all pursues charges in those instances anyway, unless the act results in a violent crime down the road.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads