JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm pretty sure glock makes it clear what the pistol's capabilities are.

People like to complain about glocks, but usually if they fail they are modified or are using larger loads that are recommended.

If you have to push your guns limits, it's time to buy a bigger gun.

Dang plastic glocks always blowing up.

IMG_3357.PNG IMG_3358.GIF IMG_3360.JPG IMG_3361.JPG IMG_3362.JPG IMG_3363.JPG IMG_3364.JPG IMG_3355.JPG

I'm pretty sure glock makes it clear what the pistol's capabilities are.

People like to complain about glocks, but usually if they fail they are modified or are using larger loads that are recommended.

If you have to push your guns limits, it's time to buy a bigger gun.

So why not just buy a .40 then? Since that is basically what factory 10mm is. Glock chambers are unsupported, it ruins your expensive 10mm brass with bulges. Hot loads are what you want, and the Glock just can't deliver for some reason. I never could figure out why my 20SF was a jamming POS,,,

I put a Lone wolf barrel in my Glock G40 10mm, my pet load is a 180gr TC bullet at 1300fps. Haven't blown it up yet, guess I need to take it back out to the range and try some more.

many of the stock Glock 10mm did fail from lack of case support: Glock 20 10mm Auto KABOOM - The Firearm Blog

glock_20kb1-tm-tfb.jpg

I believe Glock fixed that problem long ago. So did Colts frame cracking, the problem nowadays is handloaders and the boutique ammo manufacturers have been pushing the limit on maximum loads, when you push mass produced factory ammo to the maximum, occasionally a round or two is going to be way over the SAAMI pressure maximum. An unsupported 1911 will easily handle original 10mm loads but problems arise when the load is too hot. Originally a 200g bullet at 1200fps within SAMMI specs no problem is about 640ft lbs. Fanboys want as much power as they can brag about and so now you can buy rounds pushing over 750ft lbs... if they stay within SAMMI specs no problem but like I said mass produced ammo at the max will occasionally be out of spec.

So why not just buy a .40 then? Since that is basically what factory 10mm is.
a factory 10mm is not anywhere near a 40 or the 40 never would have been invented.

So why not just buy a .40 then? Since that is basically what factory 10mm is. Glock chambers are unsupported, it ruins your expensive 10mm brass with bulges. Hot loads are what you want, and the Glock just can't deliver for some reason. I never could figure out why my 20SF was a jamming POS,,,
When Glock got serious about 10 MM that problem went away, but they have never satisfied me that they were serious with 40

When Glock got serious about 10 MM that problem went away, but they have never satisfied me that they were serious with 40

I have put 4000 flawless rounds through my G34 and 1000 through my G23. They both look brand new still. I think glocks in 40 are just fine. People spout out that the glock was designed around a 9mm and therefore can't handle 40. That's like saying my corvette was designed with NA and therefore can't handle a turbo.....but oh yes it can!

I have put 4000 flawless rounds through my G34 and 1000 through my G23. They both look brand new still. I think glocks in 40 are just fine. People spout out that the glock was designed around a 9mm and therefore can't handle 40. That's like saying my corvette was designed with NA and therefore can't handle a turbo.....but oh yes it can!
Okay, you are right! My son had 5000+ rounds on a G-22 before he had to turn it in (Border Patrol) (They owned it) and now in (ICE)(He owns it, but it had to be an approved gun and at that time G-22 was not a option, it is now) he has a G-17, and he missed the G-22 for at least six months. Now he likes the 17.
I do have a G-33 which is the same frame as a G-26, 27 and shooting a much hotter load by some accounts than a 40 S&W, so I really am in the same boat, I just don't expect to get to a high round count in the 33.
I do like the extra engineering Glock did for the G-20 and G-29 to make the 10 MM mainstream.

I own five (5) 10mm Auto handguns.

(a) Glock Model 20.

(b) Dan Wesson Razorback (one of the original 150).

(c) EAA Witness (Wonderfinish).

(d) IAI Javalina 7" long-slide.

(e) 1991-vintage 6.5" barreled S&W Model 610.

They all shoot just fine when loaded within SAMMI levels (and yes I have hand loaded for the cartridge) since 1993.

Any questions?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads