JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While I am NOT associated with the seller, Gunbroker has a no reserve NIB Smith and Wesson Model 1076 available right now. I love mine, built like a tank and easier to handle than my scandium framed S&W Model 310 revolver. If I had some extra cash laying around I would definitely try and add this to the collection. Though I assume the tritium night sights are in need of replacing
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=555495189

pix868694191.jpg

I honestly have no idea why all the bashing on the Cold Delta's, I have had mine for close on 20 years and have never had any issues with it. I moved into the 2011 series of high cap pistols and did my own build in 10 mm! Works every time, and no issues what ever. I will go on record and say that ramped barrels ( fully supported ) are better, but that's an accuracy thing more then any thing else! My delta has never had a bulged brass issue when running full pressure loads! I'm not saying others have not had problems, but I have not! I will say that for all the folks that do bash on Colt, Colt has the 1911 thing down and has been building them for a lot longer then any one else, the Colt SkunkWorks were the ones to figure out how to make a 10 mm 1911 that works and can live a long life doing it. Not saying Colt is perfect, but I would have to question the ammo people are using before I question the gun!

I will at this point also go on record and say that most of my 1911's including my delta, Have fully supported ( para type) barrels! The reason is that it tightens up the action and improves the accuracy, especially combined with a tight fitting bushing up front! I really like the Briley spherical bushings not only because you can set you gun nice and tight, but you can then tune to keep up with barrel wear! And yes, a tight fitting 1911 will work just fine as a carry piece and it will function as reliably as any other as long as you do your part and keep it clean and well fed! To the OP, it's good to see that you are looking at getting into the 1911's in this loading, in my mind,it is a match made in heaven!

I didn't take any offence! The mod to the delta didn't cost me any thing but time and the new barrel and bushing( which it needed any way) Just cut my frame to take the ramp extension and the lower curve and test fit till it fit! Sorry if I came across as hostile, I didn't think I sounded hostile. My bad!

I didn't take any offence! The mod to the delta didn't cost me any thing but time and the new barrel and bushing( which it needed any way) Just cut my frame to take the ramp extension and the lower curve and test fit till it fit! Sorry if I came across as hostile, I didn't think I sounded hostile. My bad!
Nothing like that brah, just playing around :D

I honestly have no idea why all the bashing on the Cold Delta's, I have had mine for close on 20 years and have never had any issues with it.
Colts get bashed because when the Deltas first came out their frames cracked. Colt promptly fixed that but not the case support problem. You've never had any issues with yours because you said you modified it with an aftermarket barrel that fully supports the case.

Colts are not the only 10mm's to have case support problems, Glocks also had issues with case bulging: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/11/16/glock-20-10mm-auto-kaboom/

I prefer the 10mm in a 1911 but if your going to get one and want to shoot full pressure loads buy one with a fully supported ramped barrel such as a Kimber.

When I first got my delta you couldn't really find any thing good to feed it! I wore out the barrel and bushing and cut the frame to fit the Para style barrel! And honestly never thought about it after that! So yea, I never had any issues with case expansion because I used some custom tricks that improved on a all ready great gun! I have used those Underwood loads in the Delta with out issue, so I would say its fine, but then I have modded mine!

... I moved into the 2011 series of high cap pistols and did my own build in 10 mm! Works every time, and no issues what ever. I will go on record and say that ramped barrels ( fully supported ) are better, but that's an accuracy thing more then any thing else!
I've been tempted to explore that route..how hard would you say this is for a newbie?

I've been tempted to explore that route..how hard would you say this is for a newbie?
If you have built a few 1911 pistols, its a pretty easy transition to the 2011 series. Its all pretty much the same, but with a few new small twists. All in all, its a pretty strait forward and easy build! One thing, the frame kit is expensive, so take your time, take it easy and enjoy the process! You will end up with a nice pistol that YOU built with your own hands and to YOUR specs! Careful, its addicting!

So those of you that have Rock Island,or know more about 1911s than me (not hard,lol),what is the fix for the mag dropping out?
Better spring? Some adjustments?
I tried the new mags I got and it did the same thing. 2-3 shots and it pops out:mad:

I also have a glock 20, other than the 2x4 grip I have no complaints. It is my go to pistol. If I was going to replace it I would look at kimbers elite, Glock model 40. The rock river "big rock" is interesting. 17 plus 1 6" barrel. Or of course sigs 220 10mm.

On the Rock Island that is dropping mags, Make sure you are getting the mag fully seated, I am sure you are, but that's the first thing I see with 1911 newbys. From there, its probably a faulty mag catch or mag catch spring. Both a real easy fix! after that, Time to call in the experts and see what might be wrong.

I've been a dealer for 20 years, owned pretty much every gun I wanted. Had 4000 dollar custom pistols. It all boils down to, what is reliable and accurate? The price really doesn't matter! I own 8 Canik TP9's. I would trade any of the 6 Wilson's that I have owned for as many as I can buy.
I accidentally bought a Walther PPQ 45, (penny auction on Gunbroker) guess what, one of the best out of the box pistols that I have ever owned! Check out the target with Remington UMC 230g ball!
What matters is that it is reliable, and accurate, not the price! I have out shot a guy with a high end AR with a Hi-point. My point is, your Chevy can pull a Mercedes out of a snow bank. _20170102_175707.JPG

Sorry, topic was 10mm, both of mine are Glocks. My Glock 20 in a Miami Classic shoulder rig gives me 45 rounds at the ready, if I can't fix anything with that...bury me now.

Ive wrecked a lot of 10 MM cases firing them in a Glock. They do OK up until the point where the side blows out. I suppose its to be expected in higher pressure loadings but its a pretty frequent thing. More frequent than I'm comfortable with. The higher power Underwood loadings I split maybe 1 out of 5 cases.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top