JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Disclosure: I like minimal government and low taxes!

Oregon has provided tax credits for all kinds of products from electric cars to toilets to wood stoves, etc. I guess they feel these products somehow supported the public good in one way or another. Many anti gun people claim the anti gun legislation (including IP44) is for the public's benefit. Having guns locked up in a nice safe would seem to support that goal in my opinion.

Would you support legislation to create a tax credit program to provide tax credits to residents who purchase a new gun safe in Oregon? The program would not require you to lock up your guns, it would only provide a tax credit to help offset some of the cost of purchasing a gun safe.

Do you think a tax credit program for gun safe purchases would garner bipartisan support?

Yes I would support it. I think if the Pro-2A segment of Oregon's population supported it would show the Ant-2A folks that we will take steps and offer solutions to make the public safer.

Less "stick" more "carrot"!

How about a similar tax credit on incentive for firearms safety/proficiency training too!
That could be something worth trying too. I am thinking the gun safe tax credit is something that would be more easily understood and compares to programs that have been implemented before for other types of products.

I agree with all y'all's sentiments and I agree that a tax credit is a good idea, but NEVER FORGET that the anti's don't give two sheites about REAL solutions and REAL incentives to facilitate those solutions. They want your guns, and they aim to have them... PERIOD.

o_O

Disclosure: I like minimal government and low taxes!

Oregon has provided tax credits for all kinds of products from electric cars to toilets to wood stoves, etc. I guess they feel these products somehow supported the public good in one way or another. Many anti gun people claim the anti gun legislation (including IP44) is for the public's benefit. Having guns locked up in a nice safe would seem to support that goal in my opinion.

Would you support legislation to create a tax credit program to provide tax credits to residents who purchase a new gun safe in Oregon? The program would not require you to lock up your guns, it would only provide a tax credit to help offset some of the cost of purchasing a gun safe.

Do you think a tax credit program for gun safe purchases would garner bipartisan support?

Yes, no but in principal no.

In practice, I would probably support it. In principal no; in general I do not support tax subsidies. But it is academic - at best there would be no bipartisan support, at worst the gun control people would attach an amendment requiring that all guns be locked up all the time/etc.

EMPHATICALLY NO!

do not agree with the alt left gun control freaks! and their left phobia issues which includes lies, & corrupt political agendas.

begin to agree and they will have you compromising with them over confiscation down the road, a safe in my house will not make the public ANY safer

so to save a couple bucks you are willing validate the enemy, not to mention endanger your life and family because you cant get to the tools you bought to protect your loved ones

now if you want to capitulate, just stop fighting the laws they are trying to ram down our throats and buy a damn safe, vote democrat and wait for the next round of infringements on your constitutional rights

get on the offensive or give up your guns democrats your playing both sides here and I find it unacceptable

EMPHATICALLY NO!

do not agree with the alt left gun control freaks! and their left phobia issues which includes lies, & corrupt political agendas.

begin to agree and they will have you compromising with them over confiscation down the road, a safe in my house will not make the public ANY safer

so to save a couple bucks you are willing validate the enemy, not to mention endanger your life and family because you cant get to the tools you bought to protect your loved ones

now if you want to capitulate, just stop fighting the laws they are trying to ram down our throats and buy a damn safe, vote democrat and wait for the next round of infringements on your constitutional rights

get on the offensive or give up your guns democrats your playing both sides here and I find it unacceptable
I assumed most gun owners with a decent collection would want to own a gun safe. And while it would be too late for me as I already invested in one. I would like to claw back any taxes I have paid when given the opportunity. I would rather see tax credits issued for a gun safe then an electric car. I would not support any requirement to lock up your guns simply a tax credit for those who want to buy a decent gun safe.

I assumed most gun owners with a decent collection would want to own a gun safe. And while it would be too late for me as I already invested in one. I would like to claw back any taxes I have paid when given the opportunity. I would rather see tax credits issued for a gun safe then an electric car. I would not support any requirement to lock up your guns simply a tax credit for those who want to buy a decent gun safe.

history would dictate "corrupt oregon democrat politicians" would mutilated a tax credit bill & WE would end up being screwed with more restrictions on OUR rights

dont assume anything, there is a funny saying about people that assume.....dont sell out OUR rights to save a buck

no. not evwn for face value. i dont even want them knowing i purchased a gun safe. then they can safely assume i have guns in the home.

im law abiding.

i just want to be left alone

In case some of you haven't heard of Oregon's "new tax" break, it involves charging a tax percentage (as of the first of the year) on vehicle sales and giving that tax break to electric car purchasers. So we incentivize one segment of the population (and a small one) and penalize the other segment....

In case some of you haven't heard of Oregon's "new tax" break, it involves charging a tax percentage (as of the first of the year) on vehicle sales and giving that tax break to electric car purchasers. So we incentivize one segment of the population (and a small one) and penalize the other segment....

Don't forget the new "transit tax" that'll be coming out of your paychecks starting this July! o_O

Nope, and in fact I think all tax credits need to go the way of the dodo. Let's lower all taxes by 10-15%, have a nice and clean flat tax, and do away with tax cuts and incentives all together. Not only would it simplify our incredibly convoluted tax code, but it would be better for the lower to middle class.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews