JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Will it take IRA or NRA tactics from here on out?

We need to realize that the IRA began a civil resistance as source for a solution when they where backed into a corner and would lose their freedom and lose of any chance at independence in that country if resistance was not introduced.. I am simplifying this but thats the general idea. It was said the IRA was one of the most heavily funded and armed organizations in the world at that time as far as civilian armies go.

The NRA has 10x the membership( maybe more), and every single member is armed some to the teeth.
The NRA is a political entity, who's only moves are in the courtrooms and or in hearing chambers,
but their threat is not physical but one of legal coercion even though all members are armed, they may as well be armed with teddybears.

We look at the many sites like NWFA whom are not politics, organized, or militarized most groups like this are based on giving strong opinions to the same like minded people who support their ideas anyways. We look at groups like Oregon's OFF and the NRA and wonder how long will we stay unorganized before stronger resolutions will come as they as simply the sharer of words and documents. So if they are not organized then who will fill that void if ever a need was required?

Our downfall is we are strictly relying 100% on speech to resolve our freedom issues as the world goes, most never wait near as long to strike back to stop the tyranny and suppression.
If tomorrow a civil issue arose, this site and others like it would be useless, the NRA and OFF and all the thousands of Facebook groups useless. You would have millions left with zero organization including the once verbal representation.

Its something to think about when will enough be too much, when often in our countries that threshold was already crossed long ago and yet we seek political solutions to our lost freedom.

( disclaimer, I am not condoning nor suggesting civil unrest, it is simply time we start realizing the opposition is organizing and we are still writing strong letters in defiance.)o_O

If people supported Gun Owners of America like the NRA I believe we would be better off. Antifa has already reared it's ugly violent head with very little opposition by the government while the conservatives are constantly being harassed and persecuted. I'm honestly surprised there haven't been violent reactions by the right to what we've seen in the past several years. Clearly not what anyone wants but one must wonder what it will take to actually live in a free country. :(

I have a feeling that if the " Troubles " come to the US it will be done by the leftists revolutionaries, kinda like the early 70s.

Historically, troubles are initiated by left wing ideologues; but the right wing ideologues, once they eventually organize and respond, become far more violent and tyrannical. This is what I most fear.

We have to say no to identity politics and the toxic tribalism it evolves into regardless of political alignment. We are still in a battle of words within Western Civilization in general and I pray it can be resolved with words.

There will be a single event that will trigger that civil disobedience which is spoken of. The question is, what event will be the last straw, so to speak...

At what point are "We" willing to sacrifice all, for our continued freedom and destroy tyranny? I believe, each of us has a limit, until that collective limit is reached, we'll continue to battle verbally.

But I suspect once that first small group begins rebelling, it'll be like a Santa Anna wind driven wildfire, leaving behind scorched earth, liberty and freedom in its wake...

There will be a single event that will trigger that civil disobedience which is spoken of. The question is, what event will be the last straw, so to speak...

At what point are "We" willing to sacrifice all, for our continued freedom and destroy tyranny? I believe, each of us has a limit, until that collective limit is reached, we'll continue to battle verbally.

But I suspect once that first small group begins rebelling, it'll be like a Santa Anna wind driven wildfire, leaving behind scorched earth, liberty and freedom in its wake...
I was talking about this to my friend, I think it would have to be an action by the left that will set it off. If its a right leaning fellow or group, they will be pictured right up there with McVeigh and the other terrorist nut jobs rather then patriots.
Remember who is running the media.

I sure hope that "if" it comes to that people will realize that there is a far longer price to pay. The IRA not only lost freedom, they are disarmed meaning that ship sailed and shall not be seen from again. There was a time in the 60's that this could have been prevented, there was a time previously that laws were passed and those preaching non-compliance did so quietly, to those that hide for now behind the 1st Amendment thinking OFF and the NRA will save us, I have news if the Antis have their was OFF, the NRA and alike will be removed as terrorist organizations. These organization for now are powerless and at some point that line will be drawn and these Organization that are not built nor constructed for civil unrest will fail to lead any further. Important to realize that the pen is not always mightier then then sword. That 1st Amendment is only defensible with the 2nd Amendment ...intact.

For now, we use the 1st Amendment NRA "legal" tactics; few want to fight with bullets - we're comfy in our homes with our families. 2A tactics may eventually be required (that's why we have a 2A) - I doubt the antis will quit attacking citizen rights until the consequences of attacking them are swift and unacceptable. They started it.

Why did the IRA tactics fail? Don't repeat their mistakes if the antis push citizens to the point that the 2A must be used.

For now, government power over US citizens comes from government guns. Citizen guns keep government from becoming too tyrannical too fast - they chip away our rights continuously and slowly. Only when they go to far and/or too fast do citizens organize and point their guns at the government and shut them down. It happened in Athens, Tennessee in 1946, and in the Bundy Ranch standoff a few years back. That's why there are militias - they know that only working together as a team can their guns be effective against antis and other enemies of the people and the state; and that's why the 2A protects militias. The founders had experienced tyranny similar to, or worse than, what we are experiencing today and knew it would happen again.

Citizens can't win in standoffs at the front door, unless in every standoff the government loses at least one man, and at that rate they could keep going for years! In a shootout against people in a house, the government will win even if they have to drop a bomb on the house and burn down an entire block like they did in Philly in 1985 in this 1 minute video:

Continue using NRA 1st Amendment tactics for now. Maybe we'll win for a while longer.

Last Edited:
I am generally against open carry but it would be interesting to do a national open carry/sling your rifle day. To have millions of people out and about one Saturday, not marching or rallying, just going about their day would be undeniable of who and what this country actually looks like.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top