JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think that your argument weakens greatly when one realizes that the charges in all of these other arrests that you cite were all dropped, and never pursued in court. You somehow managed to forget to include that detail.

And you are totally inaccurate and exaggerating significantly regarding his history of domestic violence. He had one girlfriend many years ago who filed a restraining order against him. However, he was NEVER ARRESTED and NEVER CHARGED with any crime. All he had was a restraining order made out against him.

I guess you must not realize how extremely easy it is for any woman to get a restraining order, and how reluctant courts are to not grant them. And it was never alleged that he violated the order.

In the second more recent incident with a newer girlfriend, the girlfriend later told police that SHE LIED TO THEM about him allegedly throwing a bottle of wine in her direction and missing her. She said that she was angry at him and made the story up in order to get him into trouble. So while he was initially arrested in that case, the charges were dropped and never pursued in court.

Her story was totally made up and never was that credible, and it broke down once the police questioned her later in more detail. The girlfriend was living in Zimmerman's house at the time and they had been arguing, and she did not want to be kicked out. She admitted that she lied to the police, so that he would be taken away instead.

Anyway, as the late Paul Harvey used to say: AND FOLKS, THAT'S THE REST OF THE STORY .......

George Zimmerman's criminal history...

— July 2005, Zimmerman was arrested and accused of resisting an officer with violence near the University of Central Florida campus after a scuffle with police. The charges were eventually dropped after Zimmerman entered an alcohol education program.

— August 2005, Zimmerman's former fiancee filed for a restraining order against him, alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman responded by requesting a restraining order against her. Both requests were granted. No criminal charges were filed.

— February 2012, Zimmerman fatally shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin during a confrontation in the community where Zimmerman was a neighborhood watch volunteer. Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder but acquitted after a trial in July 2013.

— September 2013, Zimmerman's estranged wife, Shellie, dials 911 and tells a police dispatcher that he punched her father and threatened her with a gun. She later decides against pressing charges and authorities announce in November they are dropping the case. (later found out that the gun was never in play and her dad refused to press charges)

— November 2013, Zimmerman is arrested by Seminole County authorities after a disturbance at a home in Apopka. <broken link removed> .

That second altercation, he did push her out of the house and barricaded the door with furniture, then called 9-1-1 to give his version of the incident while the police were banging on the door and windows.

Even if the females lied about the guns and the physical altercations, one thing is for certain- Zimmerman has a knack of getting into trouble, not avoiding it.

As the world continues to circle the bowl we will see an increase in defense related shootings which will lead to an increased number of citizens who have defended themselves on more than one occasion. For survivors of the toilet flush, defending ones self and family will become commonplace.

I read a little , saw a little on tv about it. Funny, the ''other guy'' said zimmerman was waving a gun around. But, the bullet hole in zimmermans window was made by ''the other guy''. Did he have to shoot, could he have slowed down, sped up to avoid zimmerman IF he was waving a gun around?? Fact is this other guy did the shooting plain and simple. Prove that zimmerman was doing what he said he did.

Zimmerman will eventually be pushed so far, he'll make a mistake, and he will pay. Wonder if there is still a hit out for him by a certain ''party'' who was named when he was found innocent way back when. Lets face it, he almost has a target on his back. And, be prepared to protect yourself at all times comes to mind. There is a lot of hate out there for him, the jury called it.

George Zimmerman's criminal history...

That second altercation, he did push her out of the house and barricaded the door with furniture, then called 9-1-1 to give his version of the incident while the police were banging on the door and windows.

Even if the females lied about the guns and the physical altercations, one thing is for certain- Zimmerman has a knack of getting into trouble, not avoiding it.

Do you not realize how utterly hypocritical it is of you to so harshly judge Zimmerman, while using an Avatar of our Lord Jesus Christ??

You should contemplate on that.

The unanimous opinion of just about everyone with common sense? Really? Everyone who disagrees with you doesn't have common sense? Come on. Grow up.

I never said there were not dishonest women in the world. I said that it was not the norm for women to make up stories about domestic violence to get their boyfriends arrested. Your anger about this point makes me wonder how many times you have been accused of domestic violence. Have you been arrested a lot?

-You're acting like a little girl whose favorite boy band is being insulted.

OK, so now you engage in childish naming calling and outrageous innuendo in attacking me personally. And you have the utter gall to accuse me of not being gown up? Just look in the mirror man.

There are names for people like yourself who like to anonymously bash and vilify other people on the Internet. I will stand by all of my statements. You have been extremely unfair to Zimmerman and dishonest in your representations of his actions.

I'm shocked that you don't realize how poorly your speech here reflects on the kind of person that you are. I certainly have an extremely low opinion of you as a human being at this point in time.

And blaming the prosecution as being incompetent for losing the Zimmerman case? That is pretty ridiculous and downright laughable, when one considers the fact that a high profile special prosecutor was brought in to handle the case, and every possible resource was made available to support the prosecution. You are ignoring the fact that there was no evidence at all to support the charges. The jurors themselves made that point most clear afterwards.

A lot of people within the shooting community believe George made multiple mistakes that evening.

Oh, well I am also one of those too. Zimmerman made a number of terrible mistakes that night. If not for those errors in judgement, nothing would have happened. But Trayvon Martin screwed up as well. He made an even bigger mistake in attacking Zimmerman, which is the reason why he is now dead. It was a tragic combination of errors in judgement by both men that led to Martin's death. But the tipping point that brought about his death was his own action.

In any event, let me reiterate that I have no respect at all for people who behave online as you do, lashing out an vilifying others in such an extremely unfair way, all while hiding behind the cloak of anonymity. It is most common for me to argue against such behavior online, in numerous forums across the Internet and on just about any subject where I see a person being unfair and unreasonable. And then when anyone like myself disagrees with you, you then personally attack them as well. You have fully revealed the type of person that you are.

I'm sorry, but I'm old school, and grew up in the '50's and '60's I find a lot of behavior that I see on the Internet to be most disgusting and repulsive. And if you wish to personally criticize and ridicule me any further, you should telephone me and identify who you are.

Last Edited:
OK, so now you engage in childish naming calling and outrageous innuendo in attacking me personally. And you have the utter gall to accuse me of not being gown up? Just look in the mirror man.

Wow! Play the victim much? If you think you were being civil and cordial to me, I'll disabuse you of that fantasy right now. You were accusing me of dishonesty and not standing behind what I said. That was offensive.

I addressed your points. I made you face your shifting standard for George and his girlfriend. I hammered the inconvenient fact that George has had multiple brushes with trouble. You can ignore the assault on the liquor control officer because it does not help your argument but it does not mean it did not occur.

Perhaps I could have been nicer about it, but you were unreasonable. Acting like you had cornered the market on common sense and not being open to entertaining the possibility that reasonable people can view things differently is childish. That's why I told you to "grow up."

Given your abrasiveness to me, I didn't think you needed me to treat you like a delicate flower. Apparently, that was a mistake.

There are names for people like yourself who like to anonymously bash and vilify other people on the Internet. I will stand by all of my statements. You have been extremely unfair to Zimmerman and dishonest in your representations of his actions.

Your definition of fair seems to be only stuff you like hearing and that already agrees with your worldview. When I'm expressing an opinion, I don't have to write a tome detailing every level of analysis. It's not even reasonable for you to expect that.

I'm shocked that you don't realize how poorly your speech here reflects on the kind of person that you are. I certainly have an extremely low opinion of you as a human being at this point in time.

I'll have to get over disappointing you. Oh look, it happened. It's a miracle!

And blaming the prosecution as being incompetent for losing the Zimmerman case? That is pretty ridiculous and downright laughable, when one considers the fact that a high profile special prosecutor was brought in to handle the case, and every possible resource was made available to support the prosecution.

I never said the prosecution was incompetent. That's your spin. I said they made huge mistakes. They did. These were discussed at length by legal experts and other lawyers. You can research it online if you want.

Seriously, no lawyer is perfect. Even high profile ones make can make huge mistakes. That does not mean the person is incompetent. It just means the individual made a mistake at a particular moment. It's like if you trip. It doesn't necessarily mean you are clumsy all the time. It just is a single moment where you made a misstep.

And while the prosecution team was a higher tier one, they were going up against a good defense team. It was not the typical contest between them and a weak team from the public defender's office.

You are ignoring the fact that there was no evidence at all to support the charges. The jurors themselves made that point most clear afterwards.

You don't understand the difference between fact and argument. At some point, George got out of his car. That's a fact. Whether it was to read an address or pursue Trayvon on foot was the argument. If George had admitted he had gotten out of the car to pursue Trayvon, self-defense would have been gone and it would have been murder. That's why it was important that he stuck to the story that he got out of the car to get the address for the 911 operator.

Zimmerman made a number of terrible mistakes that night. If not for those errors in judgement, nothing would have happened. But Trayvon Martin screwed up as well. He made an even bigger mistake in attacking Zimmerman, which is the reason why he is now dead. It was a tragic combination of errors in judgement by both men that led to Martin's death.

Of course. There were opportunities for each one to avoid their encounter but each one made bad decisions.

But the tipping point that brought about his death was his own action.

I disagree. If you believe you're being followed by a stranger and you are worried about him, do you think you have the right of self-defense?

From my point of view, they both decided to engage. They were looking for conflict and not surprisingly they found it.

In any event, let me reiterate that I have no respect at all for people who behave online as you do, lashing out an vilifying others in such an extremely unfair way, all while hiding behind the cloak of anonymity.

I'm not vilifying George. Bad decisions do not automatically turn George into Charles Manson. I think George has a temper problem and he's making bad decisions.

It is most common for me to argue against such behavior online, in numerous forums across the Internet and on just about any subject where I see a person being unfair and unreasonable.

You are not standing up for justice. You are being argumentative because you're confusing a good cause (self-defense and gun rights) with a bad man (George Zimmerman).

And then when anyone like myself disagrees with you, you then personally attack them as well. You have fully revealed the type of person that you are.

I'm sorry, but I'm old school, and grew up in the '50's and '60's I find a lot of behavior that I see on the Internet to be most disgusting and repulsive. And if you wish to personally criticize and ridicule me any further, you should telephone me and identify who you are.

All I've done is pointed out that you're incorrect. I can't help it if you take offense at that. As a person who views himself as possessing good common sense, you should be able to adjust your view when someone has corrected you.

My core point is that George makes bad decisions and if he doesn't change, those decisions will take him to an unfortunate end. This should not be controversial. Why you think you need to protect him from my opinion is beyond me.

I was not the one proposing that course of action. You have replied to the wrong person.

I only noted that my vehicle has no real acceleration. At least not past 40 mph.

Nope I replied to the person I intended. You put forth your car would suck should you try to use its ability to accelerate. I proposed a much easier solution for you should you ever have a firearm pointed at you while pacing another car.

Nope I replied to the person I intended. You put forth your car would suck should you try to use its ability to accelerate. I proposed a much easier solution for you should you ever have a firearm pointed at you while pacing another car.

Good point - not every car can go from 0 to 60 in under 6 seconds but most can go from 60 to 0 in that time.

Jim

Wow! Play the victim much? If you think you were being civil and cordial to me, I'll disabuse you of that fantasy right now. You were accusing me of dishonesty and not standing behind what I said. That was offensive.

That reference was regarding your behavior as an anonymous Internet Troll. You are still at this point an anonymous nobody who lacks the courage to stand behind their own words. That is an absolute fact. You would have to come forward and identify yourself with your real name in order to truly stand behind what you have said here to me. Instead, you hide under the cloak of anonymity.

You see, I was already 40 when the Internet came on the scene. So my thoughts on how people should talk to each other and treat each other go way back and predate the Internet. I expect to be treated online the same way that someone would treat me in person. Perhaps there is a generational gap at work here, for I am perceiving your language that you have directed towards me in this discussion much differently.

All I've done is pointed out that you're incorrect. I can't help it if you take offense at that.

Here you are being completely disingenuous about your earlier statements, and attempting to put words into my mouth. I never took any offense regarding anything that you said about George Zimmerman. All I did was point out how one-sided your opinions were, and how you so conveniently left out so many crucial facts.

I have only taken offense to the personal attacks and demeaning insults that you have hurled my way in this thread: referring to me as a girl, telling me to grow up ( when I am probably way older than you are ), referring to me as being insane, saying that I have cognitive problems ( Are you implying that I'm senile? ) , and especially those very ugly innuendoes you threw at me.

I'm sorry dude, but I have every right to feel insulted and offended by the language that you have used here in this thread towards me. How on earth do you think I would react if you said such highly insulting things to my face?

In my opinion, you are a very rude bully. I would certainly never, ever want to meet you in person.

Isn't there a way to block people here on this forum? I need to try to figure out if I can block seeing any more messages from you. Hopefully there is a feature for doing that, but I'm having trouble finding any setting or feature in the forum software to do that.

Why on earth would anyone want to shoot at someone driving a Prius? Prius drivers like myself are about the least aggressive drivers on the road. We generally try to do all that we can to maximize our milage, and drive very conservatively. I basically never speed. And my car is so lightweight and small that a Prius will often get crushed in an accident. So I am super paranoid when I drive, and make sure that I keep clear of any conflicts with other vehicles of any kind.

This Prius was hit by a Chevy Avalanche:

jn053014wcfatal-7p.jpg

This Prius rear ended a Jeep Grand Cherokee:

PriusTorched400.jpg

And this Prius was hit by a Dodge RAM Pickup:

Prius%20accident%201287201315818.JPG

None of these Prius drivers survived. I have much bigger problems to worry about when driving, than people wanting to shoot me.

Why on earth would anyone want to shoot at someone driving a Prius? Prius drivers like myself are about the least aggressive drivers on the road. We generally try to do all that we can to maximize our milage, and drive very conservatively. I basically never speed. And my car is so lightweight and small that a Prius will often get crushed in an accident. So I am super paranoid when I drive, and make sure that I keep clear of any conflicts with other vehicles of any kind.

View attachment 238640

View attachment 238641

View attachment 238642

None of these Prius drivers survived. I have much bigger problems to worry about when driving, than people wanting to shoot me.

Why on Earth would you drive a fuel hog like a Pius when you could be driving a Nissan Leaf? Please stop destroying my Planet, thank you...

Seriously, my commute is 30 miles each direction. I don't see any difference between the crappy driving of Prius drivers and anybody else. The driver and not the vehicle determines driving habits.

View attachment 238640

View attachment 238641

View attachment 238642

HA!! Prius drivers are among the most PASSIVE AGGESSIVE drivers on the road (ie left lane @45-50 in a 55-65 zone and WILL NOT move to the right, and they speed up and slow down when you try to pass them, etc). I drive a commercial vehicle in all traffic conditions daily, and I'd like to SMACK me some Prius drivers.... every damned day.

George killed BO's 'son' and the media hate him for 'getting away' with it. He can't cut the cheese without it being in the news. If anyone had that microscope on their life, I'm sure it would seem they were constantly screwing up. More so since the narrative is he's a 'bad guy' and everyone is just waiting for him to finally get caught doing his bad deeds....

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top