JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I'm not sure that means what you think it means.

The simplest explanation, it seems to me, would be that he decided to take the interstate despite it being blocked off, and didn't expect the roadway to be blocked. He then swerved to miss the cars he saw at the last minute, nearly lost control in the process, and while recovering control of his vehicle, struck a few people who were standing in a poorly illuminated part of the roadway.

Watching the video seems to bear this analysis out.

That's what Occam tells me, barring evidence to the contrary.

The simple way to go about your scenario would be to just use the next ON-ramp that was NOT blocked off.... you know, like people normally do during construction or something, and avoid everything. What you described, was not a simple process at all.

My simplest explanation is much more simple than yours....

Your assumption seems like quite the stretch to me.

Could it be that the Jaguar driver just wanted to get on the interstate to go home/somewhere and found a way to do it, and only then encountered a FREEWAY blocked by PEDESTRIANS (which are strictly PROHIBITED from being on FREEWAYS - for a very good reason, as we have just witnessed)?

That seems like the simplest explanation to me.

Don't be so obtuse. You know exactly to what I am referring.

Watching the video, it doesn't look like he was aiming for people, it looks like he was driving quite fast, maybe freeway speed, maybe more, and barely avoided the cars stopped crossways in the road, and while narrowly avoiding losing control of his vehicle completely, strikes two people. Then he nearly comes to a stop, and before a mob can get to him, he opts to drive off.

The look of the whole incident doesn't look like the way someone would drive who was trying to run people over, but I'm sure the authorities will get to the bottom of it.

you really have to not like someone to drive up an off ramp and run someone over. I'll assume that much.
It happens all the time.
Especially that stretch of road.
Occam's Razor indicates the simplest explanation in this case - is most probably true.

- OR -

We can go with your hypothesis - Black guy intentionally enters freeway - drives 70 miles an hour at a pair of cars across the road - dodges the van and then heads straight for a group of over 20 people intentionally. BUT at the last moment decides to swerve left again to take out the two women. Again - Intentionally.

Have I got that right?

Last Edited:
lol, I love it how some folks think driving up an off-ramp is a normal thing to do. And a simple solution to getting on a blocked off freeway.
I love it how some people feel so victimized that that all they see are boogeymen.

For the record - I have accidentally done this very same thing. I know others that have as well. Many here I'd imagine.
I suspect you do too. :rolleyes:

Your assumption implies that the Jaguar driver intentionally targeted the protesters on the freeway. How do you arrive at that conclusion?

You make this guy out to be some sort of a kamikaze pilot, the pilot (driver) skillfully avoiding all attempts to be blown from the sky (deterred from entering the freeway) so that he could complete his mission of crashing his plane into the deck of an aircraft carrier (mowing down pedestrian protesters illegally occupying/blocking an interstate freeway). By what twisted logic do you deduce this to be "the simplest explanation"?

For the record - I have accidentally done this very same thing. I know others that have as well. Many here I'd imagine.
I suspect you do too. :rolleyes:
And I have done this accidentally as well. Not all traffic control is as simple and self-explanatory as the designer thinks it might be.
And I'm a civil engineer that specializes in roadway/highway design and construction, TO INCLUDE the development of traffic control plans/measures...

Last Edited:
Your assumption implies that the Jaguar driver intentionally targeted the protesters on the freeway. How do you arrive at that conclusion?

You make this guy out to be some sort of a kamikaze pilot, the driver (pilot) skillfully avoided all attempts to be blown from the sky (deterred from entering the freeway) so that he could complete his mission of crashing his plane into the deck of an aircraft carrier (mowing down pedestrian protesters illegally occupying/ blocking an interstate freeway). By what manner of twisted logic do deduce this as "the simplest explanation"?

because he intentionally drove up an offramp into a crowd of cars and people, and never stopped. That takes intention. There's about a dozen or so things that should make a reasonable human being stop, think, and say, maybe I'm not doing the right or safe thing here....

If he just wanted to go home or something, he could go to the next ON-ramp, thats NOT barricaded by police. That is simple.

because he intentionally drove up an offramp into a crowd of cars and people, and never stopped. That takes intention. There's about a dozen or so things that should make a reasonable human being stop, think, and say, maybe I'm not doing the right or safe thing here....

If he just wanted to go home or something, he could go to the next ON-ramp, that's NOT barricaded by police. That is simple.
Or he came flying around a corner on a dark freeway and only saw 2 vehicles crossing the road with no lights on, swerved to avoid - saw people - swerved again only to take out 2 people... Stopped a short bit away - got mobbed - drove a bit more and waited on the cops...?

WORST KAMIKAZE EVER!

False. The video I saw shows that he did indeed stop - TWICE. After his first stop, his vehicle was approached by a few protesters angrily demanding that he exit the vehicle. He did what any prudent person would do and drove on to put distance between himself and the threat, to stop yet again further down the road. Do you think if his goal was to purposely murder protesters that he would have stopped at all and stuck around to be bludgeoned to death by the surviving protesters?

If he just wanted to go home or something, he could go to the next ON-ramp, thats NOT barricaded by police. That is simple.
Which would have put him on the same stretch of freeway. You make it seem like he knew ahead of time upon exactly which stretch of freeway these protesters were stationed. Not a sufficiently compelling argument.

False. The video I saw shows that he did indeed stop - TWICE. After his first stop, his vehicle was approached by a few protesters angrily demanding that he exit the vehicle. He did what any prudent person would do and drove on to put distance between himself and the threat, to stop yet again further down the road. Do you think if his goal was to purposely murder protesters that he would have stopped at all and stuck around to be bludgeoned to death by the surviving protesters?

Which would have put him on the same stretch of freeway. You make it seem like he knew ahead of time upon exactly which stretch of freeway these protesters were stationed. Not a sufficiently compelling argument.
My god you're a patient man.
Kudos. And bless you.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR