JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
False. The video I saw shows that he did indeed stop - TWICE. After his first stop, his vehicle was approached by a few protesters angrily demanding that he exit the vehicle. He did what any prudent person would do and drove on to put distance between himself and the threat, to stop yet again further down the road. Do you think if his goal was to purposely murder protesters that he would have stopped at all and stuck around to be bludgeoned to death by the surviving protesters?

Which would have put him on the same stretch of freeway. You make it seem like he knew ahead of time upon exactly which stretch of freeway these protesters were stationed. Not a sufficiently compelling argument.

I'll just post this same video and ask where in the 8 seconds did he stop? Sure wasn't in the hundred or so yards leading up to the accident. Someone who does not have the intent of hitting someone could have easily realized they made a mistake after getting on an off-ramp and seeing protestors, and could have slowly driven around the group or simply turned around. Plenty of cars have done that at plenty of protests over the last month. I even peacefully drove through a anti-PB protest in PDX, in my big diesel van. They had no idea who I was or what my politics were, I just drove slow, and asked where i should go.... like a normal person.

Also, getting on an on-ramp beyond the cops barricades would have put him past the protests....

I'll just post this same video and ask where in the 8 seconds did he stop? Sure wasn't in the hundred or so yards leading up to the accident. Someone who does not have the intent of hitting someone could have easily realized they made a mistake after getting on an off-ramp and seeing protestors, and slowly drove around the group or simply turned around. Plenty of cars have done that at plenty of protests over the last month. I even peacefully drove through a anti-PB protest in PDX, in my big diesel van. They had no idea who I was or what my politics were, I just drove slow, and asked where i should go.... like a normal person.
So now, turning around on a median-divided interstate freeway and going back in the direction from whence one came is an advisable thing to do? So, what you are now suggesting is for the driver to proceed against oncoming traffic? Was it not you who claimed that he drove the wrong way on a ramp to enter the freeway in the first place? Do you recognize that your contradictory logic is on display now?

Also, getting on an on-ramp beyond the cops barricades would have put him past the protests....
Again, you proceed from the assumption that the driver knew precisely which segment of interstate the protesters were occupying. No one other than the driver is truly privy to this information at this time. You assume a lot of which you cannot know...

Last Edited:

I'll just post this same video and ask where in the 8 seconds did he stop? Sure wasn't in the hundred or so yards leading up to the accident. Someone who does not have the intent of hitting someone could have easily realized they made a mistake after getting on an off-ramp and seeing protestors, and slowly drove around the group or simply turned around. Plenty of cars have done that at plenty of protests over the last month. I even peacefully drove through a anti-PB protest in PDX, in my big diesel van. They had no idea who I was or what my politics were, I just drove slow, and asked where i should go.... like a normal person.

You do know this happened on an interstate freeway.. right? At night?
Does your big van ever reach 60 mph?
And ... what?

Its reported after hitting the non binary woman and the other person he stopped got out of his car and ran. A protester then got in his car and chased him down catching him approx a mile down the freeway.

Maybe it was mentioned already and I missed it (I'm not always the quickest frog in the pond)
But...was this upstanding citizen driving his own car?
Did he "liberate" it?
Are blocked ON-ramps racist? (it's really hard to keep-up on what is/isn't these days)
Maybe he just washed it and, "couldn't do a thing with it"?
Just another "drive-lexic" motorist? (good-God, there's plenty of those)

While I think this discussion is robust, lively, should continue, and I have more to add to it, please be aware that the OP's thread has been hijacked for the last 50 posts.
Not one post in the last 2-1/2 pages has directed us back to the Provo, Utah shooting, which is the topic of this thread.
I am as guilty of perpetuating this hijacking as the next guy, for which I apologize completely and unreservedly.

@Joe Link Is it possible to have a mod cut this discussion (at and including Post #18 and from there onward to this post) and paste it to the appropriate thread so that the OP can get his hijacked thread back on track?

I don't know how difficult (or simple) that might be, so I may be asking too much... :oops:

Going forward, I humbly request, on behalf of @awshoot (the OP), that we stick to the Provo, Utah incident in this thread so that the mods can do their thing if the last few pages are relocatable to the I-5 incident thread.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top