JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is sad. Transplants from other States and Countries contribute to the turning of these States. But the younger generations born there, seem to be growing up with the idea that freedom is dangerous and that more goverment regulation is necessary.
Freedom is Dangerous. As are most things I like

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." - Thomas Jefferson

Today was a good day to search for - and buy up - ammo deals.

Match .308
.22 LR
12ga #4 buck.

All at, "today's" prices (well, maybe last week's) - but available and ships fast.

I gotta stop watching all those Kamala campaign videos... :(

Just curious.
Will you hold fast, buy more, or sell?

Prices could go up enough to entice a guy to sell.
On the other hand how would you ever replace what you sold?

Sorry guys. But it may be time to come up with a plan?

Sold my lonely AR, but kept my custom build Bula M14NM. I will probably not be able to Fix Bayonet after the ban. I guess 10 pound wanut stocked match gun is an Assault Weapon to the far left whackos.

Potential gun bans have not been toothless... last time around thousands of people showed up and protested and Oregon and Washington only narrowly avoided Assault Weapons Bans.

That said, it's time to (figuratively) make heads roll and break out the tar & feathers and go after the NRA leadership and our so-called pro-gun politicians that keep us barely hanging onto our rights so we're desperate to vote. Down with La'Pierre and Trump can take a bumpstock up his rear.

Down with La'Pierre and Trump can take a bumpstock up his rear.
LaPierre has most assuredly outlived his usefulness to the organization.

And the thing that really chapped my azz about Trump was that damned EO bump-stock ban.
Now, some folks on this board have said "What's the big deal? It's a toy, and it was an easy giveaway to appease the gun-grabbers" or something along that line.
My question is, "Why are we (the pro-2A folks) always playing the appeasement game to the antis and playing catch-up with them?"
When are we (and by "we", I mean our spineless politicians/RINOs) going to say, just like the antis and other Leftists do, "No more! Not one more inch!"?
When are we going to take a stand and not back down from it?

Last Edited:
I sold some of my scary looking stuff only to replace with other scary looking stuff and some new scary stuff. Honing my gear to what I want and actually use.

When are we going to say, just like the antis and other Leftists do, "No more! Not one more inch!"?

Both are excellent questions.

With that said...
If gun owners as whole can't even agree on what firearms and firearm accessories they should be able to own...
How are we to find that elusive "inch" or what appears to be a semi-mythical "Stand"...?
Andy

And the thing that really chapped my azz about Trump was that damned EO bump-stock ban.
Now, some folks on this board have said "What's the big deal? It's a toy, and it was an easy giveaway to appease the gun-grabbers" or something along that line.
My question is, "Why are we (the pro-2A folks) always playing the appeasement game to the antis and playing catch-up with them?"
When are we going to say, just like the antis and other Leftists do, "No more! Not one more inch!"?

What do you think of a boxer who is always retreating and just blocks punches, occasionally takes a shot, and never lands any significant strikes? Such a fighter will ALWAYS LOSE.

In contrast, we need to focus on expanding our rights, not just hanging onto the scraps we have left. It's time for us to push hard for:
1: 50 state concealed carry reciprocity (or even constitional carry)
2: all state-level magazine bans and all Assault Weapons Bans need to be declared unconstitutional and thrown out.
3: Repeal the Hughes Amendment to allow new manufactured full auto in civilian hands.
4: Take Silencers and SBR/SBS/AOW off the NFA.
5: Don't require FFL for private sales.
6: No more waiting periods.
7: Disband the ATF... Seriously WTF do drugs like alcohol and tobacco have to do with firearms anyway???? it makes no sense.

Tar & Feather Time...

The bumpstock ban matters because it's a dangerous precedent for the Govt to unilaterally "reinterpret" the law on a whim so that a plastic accessory is now a felony. Under that same logic, the executive branch could just ban regular stocks and be like "oh yeah, you can have a rifle, just not an assault stock."

When are we (and by "we", I mean our spineless politicians/RIINOs) going to say, just like the antis and other Leftists do, "No more! Not one more inch!"?

The reason anyone has to compromise is the balance of power. At present, balance of power is balance of public opinion. Public opinion translates into calls to congress people and the slant of TV news. Gun owners have done a poor job of explaining why the SA is a good thing. America has been a very peaceful place for a long time. Recent rioters helped explain things about self-defense. That probably bought a few more red votes.

The bumpstock ban matters because it's a dangerous precedent for the Govt to unilaterally "reinterpret" the law on a whim so that a plastic accessory is now a felony. Under that same logic, the executive branch could just ban regular stocks and be like "oh yeah, you can have a rifle, just not an assault stock."
Which is precisely why my azz was so chapped at Trump when he issued that EO. He set a dangerous precedent with that order.
Joe and the Hoe are already licking their gun-banning lips at the thought of expanding upon it.

Ugh, ......we seem to forget that we are the majority. Can they arrest us all?
Until more than half the homes in the US contain gun owners, we aren't the majority. There are a lot of disinterested people who don't care one way or the other about gun rights, so they are easy targets for anti-2A rhetoric. Their votes are swayable, but only the antis seem to want to sway them. Nobody likes to see gun violence, but the antis find it easier to blame guns than blame gangsters. That attitude is reflected in the news published by news orgs representing the political class.

"arrest us all?" They don't have to. Arrest a few and make examples of them. Most others will fold.

Texas has slowly been turning purple before our very eyes. The major urban centers of Austin, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and almost all of the southern border counties have turned blue already. The same thing that happened in the PNW is now taking place in Texas.

Totally agree. And Texas isn't exactly carry-friendly. Businesses can legally say you can't enter with a concealed weapon. Here in WA they can say it but can only trespass you if they find out and ask you to leave and you don't. Very different. People think gun laws are lax in TX but that's not really the case.

Pretty much all I'm interested in is buying a little more ammo for some of our guns and more reloading supplies for the others.
As wrong as it sounds, we have too many guns. :) we have guns we don't use, and probably won't use, but I do have ammo for everything.
Not really looking to buy anything else, but I'm a sucker of the older stuff and sometimes they just follow me home.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top